THE BROWNS BOARD

Why LeBron would Leave CAVS

gmp

First of all...

Yes, I am a NY Knicks Fan......and here's why Lebron would leave the Cavs.

His ego...Lebron want to be the biggest Basketball star on the biggest stage in the world, the bright lights of the biggest city in the country would be the calling card for a guy with a Gigantic ego.

NYC Opportunity, going to the Knicks would continue Lebrons climb to super-superstar status...going to the knicks would mean everything from record labels, to clothing line, to shoe deals, to colognes to everthing...Lebron want to become the first Billion dollar athlete and NYC would certainly be the place for that...

Knicks up-side...

Yes, the Knicks are not real good now, BUT have the cap space and some pieces in place that will allow this team a complete make-over come July 1.....if the Knicks did not have the dough to sign (2) Max Money free agents......I'd think he would not go to NYC....I think the Knicks put themselves in a great spot to lure addtional talent and make a run at the East Title next year...

Cavs' short shelf life.....Shaq, Z, Jamison, MO....all these guys have alot of mileage...not gonna be around or functional too much longer....If they don't get the Title this year....it's another year of (1) year pieces to plug in...and it does not give Lebron the long-term solution to getting multple titles....ala Kobe..Ala Michael,

Look at the Celtics....(1) year wonders and it's done...

Lebron, is mum on his intentions....I know, I know...it's all about leverage..but if he truley wanted to be a local boy wonder, why not come out and say...this is where my heart and soul is, and I want to be a Cav...

That has not been said yet....D, Wade said it...Kobe, said it...Lebron is quiet as a church mouse when it comes to saying anything close to that.....Makes ya wonder huh!!

Actually, the best thing that can happen to Lebron from an opportunity stand-point is to get knocked out before the east finals..and he can then make it easier on himself to bolt to NYC.....saying I've done all I could to win a title in Cleveland, it just didn't work out. I want to change direction in order for me to get one.....This way he doesn't look like a selfish pr*ck who's just chasing down the money and bright lights of Boradway....when saying all you cared about is winning a title... <_<

First of all...

Yes, I am a NY Knicks Fan

Obviously

NYC Opportunity, going to the Knicks would continue Lebrons climb to super-superstar status...

He already is the biggest superstar in basketball and is up there on the all-sport list. Name the last time a New York Knick was the biggest star in the league. Probably a long time ago.

...to shoe deals

Yah, he really needs help getting shoe deals. Nobody wants to endorse him in Cleveland.

BUT have the cap space and some pieces in place that will allow this team a complete make-over come July 1

What peices are these? Don't say the system. D'Antoni's system will never win a championship with zero emphasis on defense.

MO....all these guys have alot of mileage...not gonna be around or functional too much longer

Mo, West, Varejao, Hickson, Jawad Williams, Boobie and Powe are all 27 and under. But hey, so is Gallinari and he is AMAZING!

First of all...

His ego...Lebron want to be the biggest Basketball star on the biggest stage in the world, the bright lights of the biggest city in the country would be the calling card for a guy with a Gigantic ego. I don't see how NY would make him any bigger of a sports superstar. He's already the most popular player in the NBA and a global icon in Cleveland.

NYC Opportunity, going to the Knicks would continue Lebrons climb to super-superstar status...going to the knicks would mean everything from record labels, to clothing line, to shoe deals, to colognes to everthing...Lebron want to become the first Billion dollar athletePretty sure Tiger Woods already has that claim and NYC would certainly be the place for that...There is no endorsement deal he would get in NY that he couldn't get in Cleveland. Not to mention, Cleveland can offer him the highest contract and can market him better to the world after those Chinese investors bought a stake in the Cavs

Knicks up-side...

Yes, the Knicks are not real good now, BUT have the cap space and some pieces in place that will allow this team a complete make-over come July 1.....if the Knicks did not have the dough to sign (2) Max Money free agents......I'd think he would not go to NYC....I think the Knicks put themselves in a great spot to lure addtional talent and make a run at the East Title next year...A team of players who know eachothers tendancies and have played with eachother for an extended amount of time will always trump a team with 2 max money free agents. Lebron is not gonna waste part of his prime rebuilding another team. The man just wants to win some championships and there's no doubt that Cleveland can currently offer him the best chance.

Cavs' short shelf life.....Shaq, Z, Jamison, MO....all these guys have alot of mileage...not gonna be around or functional too much longer....If they don't get the Title this year....it's another year of (1) year pieces to plug in...and it does not give Lebron the long-term solution to getting multple titles....ala Kobe..Ala Michael,

Look at the Celtics....(1) year wonders and it's done... Ya Shaq, Z, and Jamison are getting up there, but you do know that the rest of the team is quite young. Not to mention, our front office has proven that they will go out and get whoever they need to keep Lebron happy.

Lebron, is mum on his intentions....I know, I know...it's all about leverage..but if he truley wanted to be a local boy wonder, why not come out and say...this is where my heart and soul is, and I want to be a Cav...

That has not been said yet....D, Wade said it...Kobe, said it...Lebron is quiet as a church mouse when it comes to saying anything close to that.....Makes ya wonder huh!! You would stop answering the question too if you got asked it everyday by reporters. We all know the reason he is waiting is to see if this current team can get him a championship. If the Cavs do get one this year, you can bet your ass he ain't gonna be leaving. And if he does leave, I guarantee it won't be to the Knicks. Hell that's almost as bad as shittsburg!

First of all...

His ego...Lebron want to be the biggest Basketball star on the biggest stage in the world, the bright lights of the biggest city in the country would be the calling card for a guy with a Gigantic ego.

You can argue him and Kobe are already running neck and neck for that distinction in basketball, and assuming he wins the title this year, he'll surpass him. Aren't many basketball players the casual fan can recognize on a first name basis, and LBJ is one of them. BTW, I looked at an international name recognition survey, and in that survey Dirk Nowitski is tops among basketball players. #1? Roger Federer. I'll refer you to a NY Times link in another thread- LeBron can't get any bigger in NYC than he already is in Cleveland.

NYC Opportunity, going to the Knicks would continue Lebrons climb to super-superstar status...going to the knicks would mean everything from record labels, to clothing line, to shoe deals, to colognes to everthing...Lebron want to become the first Billion dollar athlete and NYC would certainly be the place for that...

Shoe deals? Ever hear of Nike? McDonald's? Been there, done that. Jordan and Tiger didn't need NYC to rise to the top in endorsement deals, neither does LeBron. Let's switch gears to football. Peyton Manning would have more & better endorsement deals if he played for the Giants instead of the Colts. Really?

Knicks up-side...

Yes, the Knicks are not real good now, BUT have the cap space and some pieces in place that will allow this team a complete make-over come July 1.....if the Knicks did not have the dough to sign (2) Max Money free agents......I'd think he would not go to NYC....I think the Knicks put themselves in a great spot to lure addtional talent and make a run at the East Title next year...

Yeah, you're going to be able to re-sign Lee too I suppose. The Knicks have zero depth. Crummy coach. No draft picks on top of it. You're dreaming if you think LeBron and another max contract player would be competitive with the Magic. Doubly, if you think it can happen over the summer. You really think LeBron wants to throw another year or two of his career in the toilet (best case scenario) while the Knicks build a team around him good enough to seriously challenge the Lakers? Not in my book.

Look at the Celtics....(1) year wonders and it's done...

The only guys on the Cavs roster over 30 are Shaq, Z, Parker, and Jamison. Parker is a replaceable part, Jamison is a young 33, and still plays heavy minutes. Z will probably retire if the Cavs win a championship. LOL, if you think the Knicks can entice LeBron to NY, you mean to tell me the Cavs couldn't work out something with Stoudemire this summer, assuming he opts out of his contract?

That has not been said yet....D, Wade said it...Kobe, said it...Lebron is quiet as a church mouse when it comes to saying anything close to that.....Makes ya wonder huh!!

It's called not being a distraction to the team- the only reason it keeps coming up is because the NY media won't let it die.

Actually, the best thing that can happen to Lebron from an opportunity stand-point is to get knocked out before the east finals..and he can then make it easier on himself to bolt to NYC.....saying I've done all I could to win a title in Cleveland, it just didn't work out. I want to change direction in order for me to get one.....This way he doesn't look like a selfish pr*ck who's just chasing down the money and bright lights of Boradway....when saying all you cared about is winning a title... <_<

Barring a truckload of injuries, there's no way the Cavs don't make the Eastern Conference Finals- wishful thinking on your part. And if it doesn't work out this year, LeBron is smart enough to figure out the Cavs are a lot closer to a solution than the Knicks are. Don't forget the Cavs can offer LBJ more money than the Knicks, or any other team for that matter, and an owner that's not afraid to spend whatever it takes to get it done. Cleveland's got history on their side too- the only super-duper star to change teams in his prime in modern history is Shaq- and even he admits the way the cap is currently structured, he wouldn't be able to make that move now.

Did we really need another thread for this? Seriously? We've got two other threads on top of this one that should all be merged into one big "we don't need another stupid LBJ leaving speculation thread".

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10220

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10218

No, but it sure is fun to bash those NY fans that think the Knicks are the NBAs version of the Yankees- just go out and buy yourselves a Championship.

• 4 weeks later...

Just read an article about Lebron's new contract with Nike. Rumored to be longer and worth more money than his initial 7 year $93 million. The article goes on to say that one thing that will be good news for Cav's fans, is that the contract does not include any clauses saying he will make more money in a larger market.

So as far as endorsements go, there is nothing that will entice him to leave Cleveland.

Archived