THE BROWNS BOARD

Quick Oscar picks

So since the Oscars will be over when the Voice goes to press but here’s my picks as of today.

It seems each year the offerings are weaker and weaker.

Maybe I’m just the old curmudgeon griping that things were better “in my day” but with an inexplicably long list of nominees there’s certainly a lot of chaff and not much wheat.

I have no idea why there are so many nominees. Perhaps the Obama fiscal irresponsibility has carried over into his core supporters in Hollywood.

:lol:

Anyway I think AVATAR will win but THE HURT LOCKER has been gaining on it and may overtake the pack by Sunday.

I’m guessing whichever one loses best pic will get best director as the consolation prize. James Cameron or Katherine Bigelow.

Jeff Bridges should repeat his Golden Globe win and I think the sympathy nod goes to Sandra Bullock for her slightly above average performance in the slightly below average THE BLIND SIDE. It's not an award winning caliber performance and no one should probably ever beat Meryl Streep but Bullock seems like a nice dame.

Actually, the best performance of all is Christoph Waltz in INGLORIOUS BASTARDS and he will take best supporting actor.

No chance to cheat guys. You can laugh at me or throw roses when you pick up your Voice. And this way you can avoid the temptation to bet your house on my picks.

WSS

Actually, the best performance of all is Christoph Waltz in INGLORIOUS BASTARDS and he will take best supporting actor.

A deserving choice.

Looks like I underestimated the surge for HURT LOCKER.

Oh well. I still didn't like it, but I didn't love AVATAR either.

And I knew the Vetgas oddsmakers had HL as the favorite but..........

The biggest embarrassment wasn't a surprise as Sandra Bullock an undeserved win.

Could be worse I guess.

It could be Keanu Reeves.

Hope you didn't bet much on my picks .....

<_<

WSS

Archived