THE BROWNS BOARD

kirwan from nfl.com mentions Tavarus Jackson w/Browns

miktoxic

Scenario No. 3

Finally, there are three teams with multiple third-round picks: the Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders and Philadelphia Eagles.

Would Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson interest one of these teams? He is trained in the West Coast system, and if the Browns are headed in that direction, one of their third-round picks might make sense, especially if they are going to go in a new direction at quarterback. Derek Anderson is due a big bonus on March 15.

just thought i'd share this. don't really know what my reaction is to this but i think he's probably better and has more experience than some of the FA qb scrubs we've been talking about.

Don't think jackson is the answer. He had his shot in Min and Favre took basically the same team to much higher levels. i guess my point is, if he couldn't get the most out of a talented team on the verge, how can he get the most out of a team that is building and trying to find a system that works.

Don't think jackson is the answer. He had his shot in Min and Favre took basically the same team to much higher levels. i guess my point is, if he couldn't get the most out of a talented team on the verge, how can he get the most out of a team that is building and trying to find a system that works.

never try to compare T-Jackson to Farve ever again

Farve is far more experianced, more accurate, stronger arm, better pocket presence

thats why they got to much higher levels

Farve is far more experianced, more accurate, stronger arm, better pocket presence

Well thanks for the attempt at a knock while at the same time proving my point! That is exactly the comparison that you just made, please stop being childish as you were asked in other threads and let those of us that attempt to share our opinions and trade ideas, do so with a slight bit of maturity!

the comparison simply is he is not a quarterback that can elevate a high level team for the very reasons that you expressed, so he more than likely can't do it with a team plugging away at trying to build a winner.

Well thanks for the attempt at a knock while at the same time proving my point! That is exactly the comparison that you just made, please stop being childish as you were asked in other threads and let those of us that attempt to share our opinions and trade ideas, do so with a slight bit of maturity!

the comparison simply is he is not a quarterback that can elevate a high level team for the very reasons that you expressed, so he more than likely can't do it with a team plugging away at trying to build a winner.

100% wrong

you compared him to brett farve

which is the opposite of what i did

Uhm no! The statement Farve is more, would reflect a direct comparison to the Jackson, unless you were talking about the 31+ other QB's in the league.

100% wrong

you compared him to brett farve

which is the opposite of what i did

In addition you might want to send the same advice to Vikings FO, because that seems to be what they had to do when seeking Favre's services and starting him in front of the QB that completed training camp.

Scenario No. 3

Finally, there are three teams with multiple third-round picks: the Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders and Philadelphia Eagles.

Would Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson interest one of these teams? He is trained in the West Coast system, and if the Browns are headed in that direction, one of their third-round picks might make sense, especially if they are going to go in a new direction at quarterback. Derek Anderson is due a big bonus on March 15.

just thought i'd share this. don't really know what my reaction is to this but i think he's probably better and has more experience than some of the FA qb scrubs we've been talking about.

I live in the Twin Cities. Tavaris is almost as maligned here as DA is in Cleveland.

We don't want anything to do with him.

I think his point is why go after someone that isn't Brett Favre. Why not try to find the best Qb out there rather than someone who doesn't have the experiance, isn't more accurate, stronger arm, with better pocket presence.

Um, the only way he compared the two was to say that Jackson is not Favre. That's a legit comparison in my book. I live in the Twin Cities. I know what this town has gone through with Jackson as their QB.

Again, I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Archived