THE BROWNS BOARD

does anybody think Berry is better then Sean Taylor or Eric Turner out of college?

JB32GOAT

does anybody here honestley think Berry is a better player then Sean Taylor or Eric Turner out of college?

the biggest reason Berry will be there when we pick is because safties do not go high in the 1st round

those are the only 2 safties to ever be taken in the top 7 picks

people can keep lying to themselfs thinking Berry will be gone before we pick but theres hundreds of facts that prove otherwise

does anybody here honestley think Berry is a better player then Sean Taylor or Eric Turner out of college?

the biggest reason Berry will be there when we pick is because safties do not go high in the 1st round

people can keep lying to themselfs thinking Berry will be gone before we pick but theres hundreds of facts that prove otherwise

You a latchkey kid?

Latchkey kid or latchkey child refers to a child who returns from school to an empty home because his or her parent or parents are away at work, or a child who is often left at home with little or no parental supervision.

Okay Google, where are these stats that back up these hundreds of reasons. Granted, I think he'll be there at 7 simply because he is a safety and the draft is deep on defense. Teams will most likely go for offense high because of this. There is one reason, now where are the remaining 99 that show he will either fall or that he isn't as good as Turner or Taylor? Which by the way Google, is impossible to prove whether you're Mike Mayock or Vince Lombardi. How about instead of wording your incerdibly inaccurate, baseless, naive, and controversial opinions as fact; you try and keep them as opinions. And telling somebody they are stupid because their far more legit opinion is different than yours isn't a take. It doesn't "own" anybody. It doesn't backup your opinion, and it doesn't do much more than give you a chubby to see your opinion somewhere on the internet. Stick to your personal diary for the sake of the planet. F

I get what you're doing, your single mom didn't pick you up enough as a kid and kids at school don't know who you are; even though you were in their homeroom for 4 years. You need attention and the best way to do that is to act up. Bad attention is still attention right? That being said, I think we respond to you Google because some of us want to have kids someday and we need to do our part as citizens of the world to police our fellow man whenever possible. You know, to make sure you're right in the head before we decide to send our kids out there into the world.

You a latchkey kid?

Latchkey kid or latchkey child refers to a child who returns from school to an empty home because his or her parent or parents are away at work, or a child who is often left at home with little or no parental supervision.

^ lol maybe, but his opinions make sense to me.

It is realistic that Berry will fall to us when you break down the needs of the first six teams logically. Unfortunatley most of the top teams have those picks partly because they are not great drafters. Anything can happen.

I tend to think we are going to trade down a few spots again this year. It is going to be a very interesting round 1, that is for sure.

^ lol maybe, but his opinions make sense to me.

It is realistic that Berry will fall to us when you break down the needs of the first six teams logically. Unfortunatley most of the top teams have those picks partly because they are not great drafters. Anything can happen.

I tend to think we are going to trade down a few spots again this year. It is going to be a very interesting round 1, that is for sure.

I hope you're right. I want to trade down too. And if Berry is there, offers will be flying in to Berea!

Despite this guy not figuring out how to post in a way that we understand what he's saying and where his information is coming from...

I agree with him on Berry (oh, maybe not the 100 reasons, but...) I agree that Berry should not be taken at the #7, and that he may actually be there.

But there may be some team (after all, it is a copy cat league) who will see Ed Reed and Troy Polomalu and decide they must have a dominant safety and take a swing for the fences on Berry in the top 10.

I hope and pray that team is not the Browns.

Your wrong! Off the top of my head Laron Landry was drafted 6th by the Redskins in 2006 and if i look it up i'd probable find a few more. Just because there hasnt been a huge amount of safeties taken in the top 7 in the draft doesn't mean it wont happen this year with Berry, he'll be gone in the top 5 picks. The only way we get him is by trading up and unless they really love this guy that would be really stupid. The more i look at the draft the more I want Okung we need a good RT for the future of this team. You can always find a good guard in FA or in the later rounds, but you have to draft a good tackle early.

Is he as good as Turner coming out of college? Kinda--he doesn't hit the same as Turner did, but he's got crazy ball skills (not only is he a ball hawk, but watch some of his highlights when he gets an interception or fumble recovery--he's like Cribbs in terms of setting up a return, body control, etc.--he goes from defense to offense better than just about anyone I've ever seen not named Deion). As good as Taylor? That one I'm not sure of; I didn't watch a lot of Taylor in college, and so it's entirely possible that the answer is no.

For a number of reasons, I'm all for taking Berry at #7. However, what the Steelers and Ravens have done with Polumalu and Reed isn't one of them. The Browns desperately need both an impact safety and a guy who can be the quarterback of the defense, and Berry can do both jobs. I watched all but a handful games he played at UT, many of them in person (I'm a student at UT, so yes, I am a homer), and watched him go from pure safety to corner to essentially a linebacker depending on the situation. He's smart, plays unselfishly (you never heard a peep out of him when Monte Kiffin had him playing in or close to the box for half of the year, even though it kept him from breaking the NCAA record for interception return yards), and is a big play waiting to happen every time they snap the ball.

Don't take him because successful teams have good safeties, take him because IMO, he's the best available player at a major position of need for the team.

Dennis

I think he is as good. A bit different in build. He isn't as big, but I in some ways better. He can corner up and the others couldn't. He also has better ball skills with ball in hand, so he offers returnability or even skills on the offensive side of the ball.

Whoever takes him is going to get a heck of a player. A difference maker by any standard.

As a Gator fan I am not big on Vols, but there is no doubt in my mind he was the best defensive player in the SEC the last couple of years.

Archived