THE BROWNS BOARD

I Am Freaking PUMPED!

With the draft coming up and the certainty of Anderson/Quinn being traded, I am really excited to see how this off season turns out. Management definately isn't done making trades. Anderson's departure is almost a certainty, and it sounds like Rodgers may be gone too. Although I like him, I am really anxious to see what we could get for him. Whether it's a QB and and 3rd rounder or a 1st rounder and change, I am pumped to see what we get. I am also amped up for the draft. We have 13 picks and will probably pick up more. Anybody we draft will be make this year better than last year's huge screw up by Mangini. I have total confidence in Holmgren and think that Lerner finally got the right guy. GO BROWNS!

I'm not sure where Mangini screwed up the draft last year? He got a franchise center, two good receivers that we not only needed to go forward in 2009, but came at a good price. He got at least 1 decent ILB, a late round "steal of the draft" with James Davis, and he did it all and still saved us 45 million dollars on draft day. That really isn't too bad at all.

But am also pumped for this offseason. I expect the Browns to steal some headlines in the next few weeks all the way through the draft. And I am really comfortable with the Mangini/Heckert/Holmgren team we have here. Not to mention, I am waaaay pumped to see how our 2nd year guys have developed over the past year. We will really get to see what we have in Maiva, MoMass, Robo, and Davis. And I think they will change a lot of fans' opinion on last year's draft. It took about 8 weeks but most everyone finally agreed that Mack was an excellent pick. And again, we saved 45 million in the process.

I'm not sure where Mangini screwed up the draft last year? He got a franchise center, two good receivers that we not only needed to go forward in 2009, but came at a good price. He got at least 1 decent ILB, a late round "steal of the draft" with James Davis, and he did it all and still saved us 45 million dollars on draft day. That really isn't too bad at all.

But am also pumped for this offseason. I expect the Browns to steal some headlines in the next few weeks all the way through the draft. And I am really comfortable with the Mangini/Heckert/Holmgren team we have here. Not to mention, I am waaaay pumped to see how our 2nd year guys have developed over the past year. We will really get to see what we have in Maiva, MoMass, Robo, and Davis. And I think they will change a lot of fans' opinion on last year's draft. It took about 8 weeks but most everyone finally agreed that Mack was an excellent pick. And again, we saved 45 million in the process.

two good receivers? what has robiskie done to be considered as anything except a waste of a pick? true, we got a center, a legit number 2 (and possibly a 1 someday) receiver in momass, davis and maiava. however, what about vekuine? he took a down lineman in the second round and is trying to make him a inside linebacker. this guy can barely play on special teams let alone a defense. we barely got any value for all of our trade downs and missed on a lot of talented players that have made an impact already. mangini screwed up. period.

although it is good that they saved $45 million, it's terrible to see where it's going: to passed mistakes like rac, savage and kokinas. it's good to see fujita and the other guy we signed, but we mostly dumped costs to cover pay outs to guys who should have never been involved in with this company.

although it is good that they saved $45 million, it's terrible to see where it's going: to passed mistakes like rac, savage and kokinas. it's good to see fujita and the other guy we signed, but we mostly dumped costs to cover pay outs to guys who should have never been involved in with this company.

Yes, but he didn't hire RAC or Savage. The Kokinias thing is such a deep mystery that none of us can comment on it.

two good receivers? what has robiskie done to be considered as anything except a waste of a pick? true, we got a center, a legit number 2 (and possibly a 1 someday) receiver in momass, davis and maiava. however, what about vekuine? he took a down lineman in the second round and is trying to make him a inside linebacker. this guy can barely play on special teams let alone a defense. we barely got any value for all of our trade downs and missed on a lot of talented players that have made an impact already. mangini screwed up. period.

Every 3-4 team in the league takes DE's and makes them OLB that's not exclusive to Mangini. We'll know this year what Vekuine can do. You cannot base the success of the draft on rookie production. Especially when the team around them was so god aweful bad and learning a new system just like they were. I'll give you Robo not doing much BUT HE WAS A ROOKIE there is no way you can gauge him accurately until year two. MoMass will be really good. He did an excellent job by rookie standards being a #1 with no QB. Davis was hurt but was considered the "steal of the draft" by local and national experts. Maiave did show he has the ability and so year two should be pretty good once he stops thinking and starts reacting.

In a nutshell, you cannot say the draft sucked until after year two at least. When a rookie breaks out that's easy to say it was good. But the norm is that rookies are rookies and will play like rookies. How many teams can you name that have more than one rookie who was the best at their position on a given team? It just doesn't happen. Year two will answer a lot of questions. If they all suck after this year, then I will completely agree with you. Until then, we can't say they suck.

Archived