THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn to St. Louis

why cant we win

I would love to have Delhomme or Bulger, both are proven to be capable over a long period of time. Due to some situational circumstances and injuries they haven't been very successful lately, but if we can pick one up on the cheap side I'd be all for it. Either one plus Wallace and we should have some pretty capable QB's along with Quinn or Draft pick

With the names of the QB's being brought up the last couple of days we might as well draft one and go from there. The names that have been brought up are, over the hill marginal players at best.

We'll draft one no sooner than the 4th round but there is no way he should play this year. And don't expect it to be anyone we've mentioned so far. like LeFevour or Pike. Think somebody like that kid from Troy or someone like that. What Heckert and Co. are trying to do is find a capable vet who the team will respect who can stop the bleeding for a year or two. That's a good plan. It will allow the new guy to develope a little bit before throwing him out there. And hopefullly, we'll have less mistakes from that position and maybe even make a play or two every week. It'll be nice regardless if it's Bulger or Delhomme to have a vet back there telling the guys what to look for on the field. Granted, I don't like either of them but DA and Quinn are gone and Kolb may retire an Eagle. But I'll take a mediocre vet back there for a year or two.

PS. Clausen scored a 23 on the wunderlic or however you spell it. Bradford scored a 38! I wouldn't be against trading up to get Bradford as long as we have a surplus of 2nd and 3rd round picks to use.

PSS. Fargas coming to Cleveland for a visit? Does this mean Harrison will be dealt? Maybe for one of those 2nd or 3rd round picks I mentioned above?

The difference? Delhomme has had major success in his career.

Bulger? Not so much.

Exactly, we are not looking for a legit starter here. We are looking for someone who has experienced success and knows how to handle it to help raise a youngin'.

I'm not knocking on Delhomme or anything, because I genuinely like him. But 90% of his career was just throwing the ball up in the air to Steve Smith on a fly route, or handing the ball off to the multitude of good runningbacks Carolina has had.

I'm not saying he's not a viable starting QB, and I'm not trying to sully his career in any way because he's had a great career. But Matt Moore proved to be a capable replacement, and Matt Moore can't throw a screen to save his life.

So for the people who are worried about Delhomme coming in to be the starter, don't count on it. It's more than likely he's just going to be coming in for the mentor role, and to push whoever the starting QB is.

Bingo, take one of these bozos for whatever............but go for Smith if you can get him....................and do indeed draft a QB

boom ten years of garbage dumped at QB..............which bye bye Brady

With the names of the QB's being brought up the last couple of days we might as well draft one and go from there. The names that have been brought up are, over the hill marginal players at best.

Absolutely. Better to keep Quinn and see how he does this year.

Archived