THE BROWNS BOARD

Quarterbacks for 2011 draft

The Gipper

I have been a proponent of allowing Quinn to run the Browns this coming year to get a true, full evaluation on him. However, if it does not work out ultimately for him then, and only then should we think about going in another direction. And that direction might be to draft a QB NEXT year, not this year. In that regard then, here is a link to a list of those who are considered the top prospects to possibly be available in the 2011 draft:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011QB.php

I understood that if Jake Locker came out this year, he very well may have been the #1 prospect in this draft.

Mallett is a transfer from Michigan.

To me, Pryor is still too raw for the NFL, and should really finish out his 4 years at OSU.

Meanwhile Stanzi from Iowa is considered far more of a pro style QB.

McElroy from Alabama is a winner. Historically, Alabama has done all right sending QBs to the pros: (Starr, Namath, Stabler)

Just being from Houston sends a red flag up on Keeesum for me. This is the same school that gave you David Klingler and Andre Ware. That may not be fair, but it is a fact

I have been a proponent of allowing Quinn to run the Browns this coming year to get a true, full evaluation on him. However, if it does not work out ultimately for him then, and only then should we think about going in another direction. And that direction might be to draft a QB NEXT year, not this year. In that regard then, here is a link to a list of those who are considered the top prospects to possibly be available in the 2011 draft:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011QB.php

I understood that if Jake Locker came out this year, he very well may have been the #1 prospect in this draft.

Mallett is a transfer from Michigan.

To me, Pryor is still too raw for the NFL, and should really finish out his 4 years at OSU.

Meanwhile Stanzi from Iowa is considered far more of a pro style QB.

McElroy from Alabama is a winner. Historically, Alabama has done all right sending QBs to the pros: (Starr, Namath, Stabler)

Just being from Houston sends a red flag up on Keeesum for me. This is the same school that gave you David Klingler and Andre Ware. That may not be fair, but it is a fact

Scott Hunter, Terry Davis Gary Rutledge, Richard Todd, Jack O'Rear, Jeff Rutledge (Gary and Jeff were brothers who both quarterbacked National Championships), Steadman Shealey Don Jabobs, Ken Coley, Walter Lewis, Vince Sutton, Mike Shula, Jeff Dunn, David Smith, Gary Holinsworth, Danny Woodson, Jay Barker, Brian, Burgdorf, John David Phillips, Freddy Kitchens, Andrew Zow, Tyler Watts, Brodie Croyle, Spencer Pennington, Marc Guillen, John David Phillips

LOL

I wouldn't be against Quinn getting an opportunity to start for an entire season, but I don't know if he's really shown us anything that would justify doing that honestly.

I'd rather see a clean slate from someone like Seneca Wallace. However, if they can't get any value for Quinn then they've got a decision to make: Either let him play or release him.

There are a couple good guys for sure. I just have a strong overwhelming feeling Holmgren will draft his guy this year whoever that may be. We wouldn't be shopping Quinn if Holmgren really thought he should start. No matter when he drafts one, I'll trust his opinion on the matter. That's just my opinion though, who knows what will actually happen haha.

Archived