THE BROWNS BOARD

Gladiators express interest In Brady Quinn

flipflop

What is with all the hatred and vitriol towards Quinn on this board? As far as we know he didn't hold Opie at gunpoint forcing him to make a deal with Dallas.

Some of you act like you are 11 years old or something. Maybe some of you are, this being an internet forum.

The guy has kept his mouth shut throughout all the nonsense going on in Cleveland and not popped off to the media. He was drafted onto a talent-poor team with a dysfunctional front office and coaching staff.

He has played decently at times. Last year he clearly knew how to run a team, putting players into position and changing plays at the line of scrimmage. The main problem seems to be accuracy. Or is he just another young qb for whom the game hasn't "slowed down" yet?

Look, I don't think the guy is going to develop into Tom Brady or Peyton Manning either. I just think the hatred and name calling toward the guy isn't justified by anything that he has done in Cleveland. He has been a class act while he was here and if he moves on to another team I wish him good luck.

What is with all the hatred and vitriol towards Quinn on this board? As far as we know he didn't hold Opie at gunpoint forcing him to make a deal with Dallas.

Some of you act like you are 11 years old or something. Maybe some of you are, this being an internet forum.

The guy has kept his mouth shut throughout all the nonsense going on in Cleveland and not popped off to the media. He was drafted onto a talent-poor team with a dysfunctional front office and coaching staff.

He has played decently at times. Last year he clearly knew how to run a team, putting players into position and changing plays at the line of scrimmage. The main problem seems to be accuracy. Or is he just another young qb for whom the game hasn't "slowed down" yet?

Look, I don't think the guy is going to develop into Tom Brady or Peyton Manning either. I just think the hatred and name calling toward the guy isn't justified by anything that he has done in Cleveland. He has been a class act while he was here and if he moves on to another team I wish him good luck.

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally have always liked Quinn. I am a huge Notre Dame fan and was glad to see that we picked him up. However, he is not worth the money that we have spent on him and is not really wanted in this town by the fans anymore. He should be given another opportunity elsewhere and who knows how successful he could be. We aren't making jokes because we hope he leaves. We are making jokes because we KNOW he will be gone by the end of this week. So long Brady. Thanks for trying your best.

since you're new, i'll just say that there is some history you may be missing...

but regarding BQ....i think its safe to say that many of us feel he should get no longer rope than anyone else. he's not shown much, and we're ready to move on. considering his draft status, it pisses me off even more that we wasted the picks just to appease the fans.

It's not hatred to BQ, it more of rubbing it in the face of the Quinn only crowd (most of whom are no longer posting here). It would take me far to long to tell you what happened, so that is the short story.

Archived