THE BROWNS BOARD

Out with the bad, in with the bad!

dawg08

Well, out with BQ and DA and in with Delomme and Wallace. We just went from bad to worst imo! Delomme's playing days are over, and every Panther fan that I talked to, was happy to see him go. And Wallace isn't any better than BQ or DA.

I just hope this team isn't done looking for QB!

Well, out with BQ and DA and in with Delomme and Wallace. We just went from bad to worst imo! Delomme's playing days are over, and every Panther fan that I talked to, was happy to see him go. And Wallace isn't any better than BQ or DA.

Wallace was brought in due to his knowledge in the West Coast Offense

Signing Delhomme for $7 million completely boggles me because I'd take Wallace over Delhomme...

"happy to see him go" in what context?

that doesn't necessarily mean they think he sucks, just that they are anticipating new success with Moore instead.

and it never fails that the grass always seems greener.

i'm hopeful for some new QB-friendly offensive tweaks to help these new guys thrive even more.

How is that worse? Delhomme actually has some accuracy that DA and BQ didn't have. Also does anyone remember what Holmgren did in Seattle. He got a veteran QB in Dilfer her started one year then brought in the back up from his old team the Green Bay Packers and got a QB named I think Matt Hastlebeck. So I'm really excited to see what we are going to this upcoming year and into the future

Holmgren has shown that he doesn't mind bringing QB's who turn the ball over. I want to see a QB who doesn't have many turnovers.

I never was a big Delhommy fan, I remember watching a MNF game not to long ago where he threw somerhing in the neighborhood of 4 or 5 picks. And 3 were in the 4th quarter. New England steam rolled them. The only good thing is he wasn't like some QB's we have seen who afterwards laugh about it.

That shit will piss off any fan.

Overall i thiink BQ needed a fresh start he can still salvage his career at this point if he has what it takes, however holmgren has committed the ultimate sin in ridding us of 2 POS QBs and then replacing them with 1 proven POS QB and one unproven POS QB...this move hasnt solved the QB crises or the controversy to come and technically it hasnt made us any better off perhaps even worse..

Im going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now but they have still lost a good chunk of credibility in my mind by not dealing with this QB crises in the proper way that is unless we draft a QB fairly high to groom then all is good...

This regime seems to be wanting the familiar to browns fans "quick fix" that never works...its getting old..

Think you missed it my friend........we dumped two young high paid pieces of garbage one that cost us a first and second round pick.................picked up Wallace for not much and got DelHomme who played in a Super Bowl and made the playoffs more than once for a nominal price

Bottom line they are both stop gaps and we will draft a QB with franchise capability hopes to replace the two losers we had last year especially Brady (I never won or played well in a big game against a big opponent) Quinn

the alternative was to watch Quinn to a Couch for five more losing years

Think you missed it my friend........we dumped two young high paid pieces of garbage one that cost us a first and second round pick.................picked up Wallace for not much and got DelHomme who played in a Super Bowl and made the playoffs more than once for a nominal price

Bottom line they are both stop gaps and we will draft a QB with franchise capability hopes to replace the two losers we had last year especially Brady (I never won or played well in a big game against a big opponent) Quinn

Good point Rich.

I'll second these thoughts. I'll add that Delhomme is a low-end stop gap though. My wife's sisters lives in NC so I had to suffer through some Carolina games last year watching him throw int after int. Still, he's just 1 1/2 years out from some good football so hopefully he can make a go of it. With no Steve Smith to rely on I am a bit worried though.

I agree. I finally saw the writing on the wall about Quinn and it's that he wasn't a NFL ready QB like most scouts said he was. He may have success down the road but I don't mind giving him up because he clearly wasn't going to work for us at this moment and we had to move on.

I liked what I saw out of Wallace on video when he got the starting nod. I don't know which Delhomme we got, the one who took his team to the SB or the one who had two, bad seasons but it's better then the QB exchange we had going on last season.

The main problem I think is that many of our fanbase wants to win now, I don't blame them because this team deserves to win after going through the shit it went through, but this is probably not going to be a change overnight. Give it some time folks. I think this time that it's all going to come together for us.

Archived