THE BROWNS BOARD

Benard, Constanzo, & Jennings

Thaak

OBR is reporting that these three ERFA's have resigned.

I hope that is accurate. All are worth keeping.

I think Benard can be outstanding!

Mike

I really believe Harrison is gonna be moved and this kinda strengthens that belief. I like all 3 of these guys though and it is great to be getting younger AND better at the same time.

Dude, a duck could blow its nose up a bear's ass, and you'd think it was a sign that Harrison is going to be traded.

Dude, a duck could blow its nose up a bear's ass, and you'd think it was a sign that Harrison is going to be traded.

If said duck was a young RB that was re-signed, and by "blow his nose" you mean that he was on the trade block this time last week, and the bear was a 2nd round tender on a guy who I'm not convinced is a 300 carry a year back, yes, I would take that as a sign.

It's all speculation Thaak. All I'm saying is that if I were in charge, I see the market value for him being higher than it will ever be and a team in the midst of a roster purge. Granted, we have since acquired even more picks since he was originally reported to be on the block; he may be getting shopped for a player rather than a pick at this point.

i believe costanzo had more tackles as a gunner than josh did....but, josh was only on teh field for about 75-80% special team plays. not making a comparison here....merely suggesting that costanzo continue to be a ST demon, and is very valuable in that role. it allows us the flexibility to use josh elsewhere without suffering greatly from is coverage.

jennings ran hard in the steeler game. he and davis are both young, and have good upside.

bernard may be the reason wimbley got shopped.

I really think Bernard was a big part of Wimbley being let go. They saw/see something -perhaps a hunger?- that Wimbley didn't have. Mangini is nutso about people he can coach up and this kid in a short time has grown significantly.

Great move to bring all these guys back. Talented depth is always a plus.

resigned?!? OH NO! seriously?

oh...wait, you meant "re-signed".

phew! great news.

I believe it was Mike Golic who made the same mistake about Colin Powell.

He read that Powell had "resigned" as Secretery of State, and asked "how many more years did he "re-sign" for?

i believe costanzo had more tackles as a gunner than josh did....but, josh was only on teh field for about 75-80% special team plays. not making a comparison here....merely suggesting that costanzo continue to be a ST demon, and is very valuable in that role. it allows us the flexibility to use josh elsewhere without suffering greatly from is coverage.

jennings ran hard in the steeler game. he and davis are both young, and have good upside.

I think you're right about Benard/Wimbley. Why would the Browns pay 1st round money for Wimbley to sit on the bench when a guy like Benard is a bargain who outplays him? Start Benard & find a backup, although we have some depth NOW at LB.

Mike

Archived