THE BROWNS BOARD

Tim Tebow

WVUBrownsfan

why is he so hated but Josh Cribbs so loved?

Cribbs is one of the worst WR in the NFL if you look at the numbers

throw out the running and return numbers because he's not a RB and there is no just return man spot on the roster

but yet he has his heart burried in cleveland sports he has a great desire to win games but he cant even barley see the field as a WR

so why hate tebow? sure he doesnt have a cannon but you dont need it in the WCO he has spent the last month and a half working on changing his throwing motion and foot work and not locking on to recievers, the kid loves football as much as he loves his familly and god and he has a desire to win as much as Cribbs with the browns

he wasnt afraid to step up and be a leader from day 1 if he has somewhat a decent release there is no reason why nobody shouldnt want him the kid just knows how to win

why is he so hated but Josh Cribbs so loved?

Cribbs is one of the worst WR in the NFL if you look at the numbers

throw out the running and return numbers because he's not a RB and there is no just return man spot on the roster

so your saying, that we should ignore the return yards from a dedicated return man? so should we just also just ignore every passing stat peyton manning has, and just judge him on his rushing yards? or maybe ignore all the recieving stats of jerry rice when we evaluate him as a player?

the only way that i hope teblow comes here is that we still have a few years before we are good. i would enjoy watching him come here and watch his career go down the drain. What makes him so much better than quinn or couch or even frye. seriously the nfl doesn't want teblow to come here and thank god.

i'm more curious about his statement than bothered, in the nfl you always use the stats that are generated by a player's role to measure them. and now this poster is trying to throw it all out the window and say we should judge cribbs based on his WR stats, when he really isn't a WR. just makes no sense to me, curious why the formula that every nfl payer is measured, somehow shouldn't be used in this poster's mind when it comes to cribbs.

I dont get why we need to start a new thread every time someone wants to voice there opinion. There's 4 Tebow threads on the first page, come on now im sure this would have fitted in just fine in one of the other threads. Your just pushing threads of relevance further down the page, I dont get it.

I get what he's saying, in a way. I just don't like the way he put it.

He's saying people love Cribbs because of his desire to win and his love for the game, and yet Tebow has that same desire (probably to a higher degree), yet nobody is really singing his praises save for a select few.

The thing is, people love Cribbs because Cribbs has the heart of a lion, plus he's also a record-breaking return man and a serious gamechanger for a team that lacks even marginal talent. Tebow, on the other hand, was a player with the heart of a lion and a record-breaking QB on a team which happened to be loaded with talent at every position. Not to mention the fact that the style of play Tebow is accustomed to, and flourished in, is completely different than the style of play that he'll see in the NFL wherever he may land- Cleveland in particular.

I understand he's been working his ass off in order to become a productive NFL QB, but he's essentially re-learning everything he's already been taught about the position. That's the main reason people don't want him.

It's like taking an award winning chef, and asking him to farm. (Yes, that's a variation of a Mitch Hedberg joke) Both professions deal with food, but are different in many key fashions.

With all that said, I honestly do hope we take a flier on Tebow. That would make my draft complete. I would love to see him in Cleveland. I think that, for once, the situation is perfect for us to groom a QB. I also believe that, for once, we'll do it correctly.

So your comparing the best return man in the NFL to an unproven college quarterback that NFL level scouts have doubts about? This would make more sense to me if you compared Tebow to Quinn. Anyways Cribbs won over Cleveland because he rolls over the Steelers every time he gets a chance and that is priceless to Cleveland fans.

Archived