THE BROWNS BOARD

The American people don't want this bill

Here's Gallup today. 49% said it's a good thing. 40% said it's a bad thing.

So if this was always about what the people want, and We the People, I guess it ended up siding with the people.

Of course, it isn't always about what a majority of the people want at any given time. But if that was something you claimed was of primary importance, as many a Republican did, including many on this board, you can't really make that claim anymore.

Besides, what was actually in the bill always polled well, even with Republicans. The entirety of the bill polled worse and worse as time went on, not only because Republicans didn't like it, but also because it included liberals who didn't like it because it didn't go far enough, and people who were frustrated with the process.

But now that it's all over, this poll finds support for the bill.

Is this another attempt at manipulating folks into accepting the HC mandate?

The looney left just wont stop with the persuasion tactics for health care.

Confessions of an Obama Paid Blogger

Good read

It is common to get a bump in the polls when you are offering to the people something free, even if it isn't.

So who did they poll? the SEIU

I cant wait to see how this all plays out..... IF the Obama Admin is successful in translating this over the next few months (enough so the dems dont lose every seat) Obama will be WILDLY successful for the next election......

this is a moderate version... whether the wack jobs on the right want to admit.

Once people start to realize the actual REAL accomplishments of this reform the polls WILL shift up. This was a MAJOR accomplishment,

Libs throw off on Gallup, it being not one of the premier trusted polls.

but let the gallup have a result they like, "whammo".

Meanwhile, CNN their all time favorite "news" channel,

the channel libs love...

has it opposite:

It doesn't sound like only a few of us on the Brownsboard to me...

We're in big, big trouble.

March 22, 2010CNN poll: Majority disapprove of Obama for first timePosted: March 22nd, 2010 11:07 PM ET

From CNNMoney.com Deputy Managing Editor Rich Barbieri

[/color] A new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll reveals that 51 percent of respondents disapprove of President Obama's job performance.corner_wire_BL.gifWashington (CNN) – For the first time, a CNN poll has found that a majority of Americans disapprove of President Obama's job performance.

According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll released Monday, 51 percent of respondents disapprove of Obama's job performance and 46 percent approve of it.

Full results (pdf)

Obama's approval rating has dropped steadily each month since December, when it was 54 percent. His highest approval rating in a CNN poll was 76 percent in February 2009 shortly after he took office.

The new poll was conducted before the House on Sunday narrowly approved the Obama administration's signature domestic policy proposal: health care reform.

The measure, which Obama plans to sign on Tuesday, represents the biggest expansion of federal health care guarantees since Medicare and Medicaid were enacted more than four decades ago.

In fact, health care was the policy area that drew the second highest negative rating, with 58 percent registering disapproval. The highest negative rating was 62 percent for his handling of the federal deficit.

While his performance ratings have slid, Americans personally like Obama. The poll found that 70 percent of respondents approve of him as a person, and only 25 percent disapprove.

On the economy overall, 54 percent disapprove of his work and 43 percent approve. He scored well for his handling of the environment and education, as well as on national security.

"Obama scores some of his best numbers on 'commander-in-chief' issues - Afghanistan, Iraq, and terrorism," said Keating Holland, CNN polling director. "In January, 51% approved of Obama's handling of Afghanistan; that number is now 55%, an indication that the public has a positive view of the latest military offensive in that country."

The CNN poll was conducted on March 19-21 through telephone interviews with 1,030 adult Americans. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

I love when Cal comments on the quality of individual polling outfits. This from the guy that thought online polls were statistically valid, then was shown how that's not the case, but still thought that and posted more, then was corrected again, but it still didn't seep in... and I'm not sure it ever did.

Also, Cal, if Gallup is "not one of the premier trusted polls" and just something "Libs throw off on", why did you post poll results from Gallup here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here?

Seems you think Gallup is a fine polling outfit - when it reaches results you like. Not that you'd know what makes a poll valid, of course.

So again, according to this poll, released today, commissioned by USA Today and carried out by Gallup, more Americans think the health care reform bill that was just signed was a good idea than those who think it was a bad idea.

Sorry, fellas.

Now The “Deficit Neutral” Charade Can End

Posted by: Matthew Moon

President Obama and Democrats in Congress have consistently misled the American people about how their bill will reduce the deficit, claiming that their health care bill will save $143 billion over the next decade. The clearest example yet comes from a report that doctors have been promised a bill to increase Medicare reimbursements by hundreds of billions of dollars, without being off-set by other spending cuts. Inside Health Policy (subscription required) reports the White House is promising doctors that they will push the budget busting bill as soon as the ink is dry on their government-run health care experiment.

[A]n AMA board member told physicians during a conference call Friday afternoon that, while the association doesn't have anything in writing from Democratic leaders pledging an SGR repeal, she has twice been personally assured that leadership will push for repeal of the formula this year by President Barack Obama.

Exactly how much is this “doc fix?” Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, the Republican leader on the Budget Committee, asked the CBO and got an unsurprising answer: $208 billion over the next decade. That’s right: Obama will wipe out the claimed $143 billion in savings from his health care experiment by signing $208 billion in deficit spending.

The only way to really rein in out-of-control federal spending is to fire Nancy Pelosi and replace her with a Republican Speaker of the House.

Your BOGUS Poll does not hold water,

In the past 2 days 99% of the posts have been in opposition and disgust that the American People were not heard

on Facebook only .06% of all posts are in favor of the HC bill, that makes 94% are against it.

so your poll is full of Sh!t

But as we all know you get paid to spin baby spin!

Of course, that's not analogous to what the Gallup poll says. Not one bit. But nice try.

It asked people if they thought the bill that was just signed into law was a good idea or a bad idea. Good idea won, 49% to 40%.

I expect similar polls soon. And then you can dismiss those too.

And by the way, T, in the past you've posted lots of Gallup polls too, the ones you now say are bullshit. You want me to link to those too?

Of course, that's not analogous to what the Gallup poll says. Not one bit. But nice try.

Thanks. Yeah I knew that.

It asked people if they thought the bill that was just signed into law was a good idea or a bad idea. Good idea won, 49% to 40%.

Of course as you've pointed out before (maybe in not so many words but...) people are f*cking idiots.

I recall a poll at one time where some 70 odd percent thought Saddam Hussein planned 9/11.

Noboduy ever said that.

And like you say the public mandate polls the lowest of the specifics, right?

But if you ask the guy on the street what the bill will or won't provide, or if it will cost less, or if everybody HAS to buy in, or how much the high risk policy will pay or any other unpleasant details you'll get a lot of different answers inclufing "huh?"

And like Americans usually do they'll start to gripe when they find their lives aren't happier soon.

WSS

It is odd how much winning changes people's impressions, yes.

But really, this has more to do with bringing in disaffected people on the left than anything. They were getting frustrated with the Democrats' fecklessness. They were in those numbers. Suddenly they were happy again. That's where the boost really comes from.

This is also only one poll. But I suspect more will show similar results as people realize the sky isn't falling, and Obama's brownshirt army of ACORN volunteers isn't in the bill. Just something we're saving for the second term.

It is odd how much winning changes people's impressions, yes.

But really, this has more to do with bringing in disaffected people on the left than anything. They were getting frustrated with the Democrats' fecklessness. They were in those numbers. Suddenly they were happy again. That's where the boost really comes from.

This is also only one poll. But I suspect more will show similar results as people realize the sky isn't falling, and Obama's brownshirt army of ACORN volunteers isn't in the bill. Just something we're saving for the second term.

Heh. True enough.

But it will be amusing if you guys lose one or two of the houses.

Then the hearings can get rolling in ridiculous earnest.

Who get's forced to resign first? I say Holder.

:lol:

WSS

I expect similar polls soon. And then you can dismiss those too.

And by the way, T, in the past you've posted lots of Gallup polls too, the ones you now say are bullshit. You want me to link to those too?

I have come to the conclusion that you are a snot nosed 17 year old at best, or you are heavily medicated so as to you will not harm yourself.

Someone needs to tighten your straight jacket.

In other words you are a joke.

Heh. True enough.

But it will be amusing if you guys lose one or two of the houses.

Then the hearings can get rolling in ridiculous earnest.

Who get's forced to resign first? I say Holder.

:lol:

WSS

I don't think the Republicans are going to win as many seats as they think, especially after this week. Plus, you're going to see a lot of soldiers come home this summer, and the economy should perk up a bit by November. That said, everything can change on a dime with a terrorist attack or something like Katrina. So you never know. But this week certainly helped the Democrats.

I think you'll see Napolitano go at some point. She's been a disappointment. Not so much for the reasons you hear about publicly, and not for the ones that are complained about in here, but that department is a giant xxxxing mess.

The ones people speak highly of - Arne Duncan at Education, Vilsack at Agriculture, Gates at Defense. Overall people are pretty happy with the cabinet's performance.

Plus, people resign a lot simply because the top jobs are a total xxxxing grind. If you have a family, you never see them. That's why lots of the underling jobs go to people who are 28 and don't have families yet. You have to work seven days a week, 10-15 hour days, all year long, and under enormous pressure.

It's like Willard says in Apocalypse Now: "Everyone's got their breaking point."

Also, Cal, if Gallup is "not one of the premier trusted polls" and just something "Libs throw off on", why did you post poll results from Gallup here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here?

Because I love the Gallup polls, Heck.

My reference was to the REACTION of some of you libs dissing Gallop when it

suited you.

But, you let a Gallup poll SUIT YOU, then GALLUP IS GREAT.

One of you completely dissed Gallup as not one of the major, respected polls.

You libs don't like Gallup, but now you do.

you really don't get that?

I reckon some folks have changed their minds. But other polls say

very, very differently.

Like the CNN polls. And CBS, I think it was. Those polls

say a lot of folks are very upset.

If this Gallup was consistent, beats me.

One of you three did, absolutely. And I am pretty sure

you didn't disagree, at the least.

poll findings are funny.... the way questions are structured can tilt findings that people spin for any purpose left of right....

this November the party in power historically takes a hit in Congress..... well really see in 3 years what the net effects from the public about how this admin and the congress is doing.

That was a Democratic Congressman talking about developing legislation to "CONTROL THE PEOPLE"

classic, Sev, stick you head in the river in Egypt.

Cal, no one ever thanks you and people like you enough. You're a big reason why we win, and you don't get enough credit.

As lame as the Democrats can be, people look at the sorry-ass state of the Republican Party, how it's been taken over by the angry uninformed, and they run in the other direction.

So again, keep doing what you're doing. Please.

gloat all you want, GGG, but you are a great reason why Bush was elected TWICE, and there was a Rep majority.

You caused Reagan to be elected twice.

Proud of that, I'll bet you are...n't.

That is WHAT THE CONGRESSMAN SAID. "CONTROL THE PEOPLE".

Listen to it and learn.

The ship has swerved hard left, and now the American people will send the ship

back toward being on course.

You ever pilot a boat? Use a GPS in your car?

Well, same thing with the direction of this country.

Archived