THE BROWNS BOARD

possible 3rd for Quinn

CLEVELandMILIDH

Browns, NFL, NFL draft, Sports Impact »

Cleveland Browns will benefit if Denver Broncos play Brady Quinn extensively next season: Browns Insider

By Tony Grossi, The Plain Dealer

March 23, 2010, 10:54PM

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The draft pick the Browns receive in 2012 in the Brady Quinn trade to Denver can be as high as the third round, a league source said, or as low as the sixth.

Those conditions are based on playing time over the 2010 and 2011 seasons.

No matter what Quinn does for the Broncos in 2010, the Browns will receive Denver's sixth-round pick in 2011 in addition to fullback Peyton Hillis.

View full sizeDavid Zalubowski / APNew Browns fullback Peyton Hillis.The prospects of Quinn wrangling the starting job from Kyle Orton might be small. But you never know what may happen over two seasons.

On Tuesday, Denver coach Josh McDaniels described his quarterback situation between Orton and Quinn as competitive.

"This had nothing negative to do with Kyle Orton," McDaniels said of the trade for Quinn. "We're just trying to improve the competition at every spot.

"I think that our quarterback room is young and competitive. I think that's a good thing for our football team."

Shortly after acquiring Quinn, the Broncos released backup Chris Simms

Sounds like BQ will get screwed again..even if he gets a genuine chance and plays well we will not see a 3rd...hecktards firetrades are not amusing though mangini should have done all this in last years off season and failed miserably, now we have to see if ratty ,elam and other below average mangina pets get replaced because there is at least 4 of them that while being tough players are not good players...we will feel the effects of these has beens this year and mangini may feel it during the bye week or end of the season...

Im still not thrilled with keeping daboll and i dont expect much to change including the browns passing game regardless of who is under center...daboll is still an unproven entity to me and nether he or mangini are comfortable with tossing the ball for more than -3 yards..

Sounds like BQ will get screwed again..even if he gets a genuine chance and plays well we will not see a 3rd...hecktards firetrades are not amusing though mangini should have done all this in last years off season and failed miserably, now we have to see if ratty ,elam and other below average mangina pets get replaced because there is at least 4 of them that while being tough players are not good players...we will feel the effects of these has beens this year and mangini may feel it during the bye week or end of the season...

Im still not thrilled with keeping daboll and i dont expect much to change including the browns passing game regardless of who is under center...daboll is still an unproven entity to me and nether he or mangini are comfortable with tossing the ball for more than -3 yards..

so you dont like the trades so far but since Mangini didnt make them last year he failed miserably? Doesnt make since to me

Denver wants to be in the playoffs. If Quinn can get them there they would gladly give up a third round draft pick. If they are out of it at the end of the season yeah quinn might sit to save a better draft pick. But Quinn isn't a brown now so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it

when he doesn't play of course it will be because Denver doesn't want to give up a trird round draft pick.. certainly not because Quinn sucks or anything.

You're crazy! Of course it's because he looks like someone who porked the coach's girlfriend in High School. The league hates him becasue he's handsome, not because of the conditional draft pick or bonuses. Geez man, get a clue! :rolleyes:

I personally think as fans we finally have the chance to make a difference. I say we hire jeff gillooly to take out Kyle Ortons knee!

boo!

personally i hope this new era is more "headlock and noogie" than "sweep the leg".

Archived