THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Draft Factoids

The Gipper

Here are some factoids about Browns draft history. I could have done this as trivia but I decided to spare you all from the process of thinking:

1. At one point or another the Browns drafted but then traded away the following Hall of Fame players either before or at the apex of their careers: Art Donovan, Doug Atkins, Henry Jordan, Willie Davis, Bobby Mitchell, Dick LeBeau, Len Dawson, and Paul Warfield.

2. Since their draft of 2000, the Browns have only the following First Round draft picks on their current roster:

Joe Thomas, Alex Mack

Since 2000 the Browns have their following Last pick of the draft on their current roster: Alex Hall, James Davis

Thus they have seemingly done just as well with their scrub longshot last picks as with their first round picks

3. The following Hall of Fame coaches were Browns draftees: Chuck Noll, Don Shula

4. In their history the Browns drafted: Johnny Carson, Howard Johnson, Henry Ford, Tony Perkins, John Havilicek, Michael Jackson, Napoleon, and (almost) Vincent Vega (the John Travolta character from Pulp Fiction) (actually, it was Vincent Vegera) and a Frank cZapla (all were namesakes, except Havlicek, that was the real dude)

5. In their history the Browns have drafted the following US cities: an Austin, a Houston, a Washington, and a Juneau

6. In their history the Browns have drafted the following Ohio cities: a Sandusky, a Hamilton, a Warren, a Hilliard, a Kent, and a Cleveland (Crosby)

7. In their history the Browns have drafted royalty or other high offices: a King, a Kaiser, a DeRoin (of the King), a Bishop

.....and believe it or not for you guys that have been calling Brady Quinn "Queen", Quinn does mean Chieftain, or Chieftess...so, it is a derivation of Queen.

8. Finally, in honor of Westside Steve who is proud to be juvenile when it comes to body parts the Browns have drafted a couple of Peters, a couple of Cox, a Johnson, a Head, and a Wang. And not to overlook the other side of the coin they picked up a Tokus along the way. And to service all that, they arranged for a pretty Fair Hooker whom we assume used a Contz (Bill) to fair advantage.

This is awesome stuff!

I appreciate not having to think ;)

and we still have the two greatest wide receiver names in NFL history: Fair Hooker and Jubilee Dunbar

and we still have the two greatest wide receiver names in NFL history: Fair Hooker and Jubilee Dunbar

Wow ... I forgot all about Jubilee Dunbar.

Zombo

--just flows off the tongue...

I want to put together trivia for The Gipper to change up the pace something like he did here. I think we need to get our best minds together for the task.

I'll start:

A rooster lays an egg on a slanted roof..... ahh nevermind, I'm no good at this.

I want to put together trivia for The Gipper to change up the pace something like he did here. I think we need to get our best minds together for the task.

I'll start:

A rooster lays an egg on a slanted roof..... ahh nevermind, I'm no good at this.

OK, let me guess: You were starting a joke. NO, a riddle. NO, wait, you were developing a Rube Goldberg device. That's got to be it. NO, wait...you were trying to demonstrate chaos theory. Like the guy in Jurassic park

Archived