THE BROWNS BOARD

Clausen, Pike, Tebow or Bradford

DaBrowns

Do the Browns reach out to one of these guys this year or do they wait until next year when Jake Locker is up for the taking? Delhomme is a gap filler at best and D.A. over again at worse....He's not taking us far IMO (lord bless him if he does)....We need a franchise QB and that is a fact. Do we have one? Not unless Wallace or Ratliff suprise everyone in the world. What do we do? Who do we take?

scared of anything coming out of notre dame after the quinn experiment. bradford's shoulder is a risk. tebow i wouldn't. pike has the size, the arm and looks to be more nfl ready than lefevour. i wouldn't wait another year. this is the second year of a five year plan and you've got to get a guy in to learn the system etc.

scared of anything coming out of notre dame after the quinn experiment. bradford's shoulder is a risk. tebow i wouldn't. pike has the size, the arm and looks to be more nfl ready than lefevour. i wouldn't wait another year. this is the second year of a five year plan and you've got to get a guy in to learn the system etc.

What is with you and your Notre dame phobia? If Clausen looks to be the real deal, and Holmgren wants him, then imo I would go with what Holmgren's advice on QBs because if he sees something in Clausen, we might have something. And of course, this time, we'll do it the right way regardless if it is Clausen or not. Groom him to the starter in the next year or two and by then, we will give Clausen or whomever the 32 starts he needs.

miktoxic is right. You need a guy this year. You've set up a perfect situation for a young QB to come in and play as soon as he's reasonably ready without throwing him to the wolves. If you knew ahead of time it would take two years, then you'd rather the clock start this year rather than next. It's simply too important of a position to ignore.

I would be surprised if any QB this year came in and played right away like Stafford did (and he paid a price for doing so). Sanchez and Flacco started on teams that had many pieces in place and good defenses. I trust Holmgren to pick one of the "right" guys. I don't care so much which one it is but I think they need to come in ready to work.

miktoxic is right. You need a guy this year. You've set up a perfect situation for a young QB to come in and play as soon as he's reasonably ready without throwing him to the wolves. If you knew ahead of time it would take two years, then you'd rather the clock start this year rather than next. It's simply too important of a position to ignore.

I would be surprised if any QB this year came in and played right away like Stafford did (and he paid a price for doing so). Sanchez and Flacco started on teams that had many pieces in place and good defenses. I trust Holmgren to pick one of the "right" guys. I don't care so much which one it is but I think they need to come in ready to work.

I want someone that has good physical skills, and good accuracy. The thing is by the time Delhomme(whom is a stop-gap) is done, I want the guy who ever is drafted this year to start. I just hope it ain't soon.

I want someone that has good physical skills, and good accuracy. The thing is by the time Delhomme(whom is a stop-gap) is done, I want the guy who ever is drafted this year to start. I just hope it ain't soon.

I hear you but, as you've noticed, QB's on this board are the most volatile topic. So, rather than speculate on which guy is most accurate, athletic, intelligent or (fill in attribute here) I am going to let Holmgren work them all out and tell us who he thinks fits the bill.

What is with you and your Notre dame phobia? If Clausen looks to be the real deal, and Holmgren wants him, then imo I would go with what Holmgren's advice on QBs because if he sees something in Clausen, we might have something. And of course, this time, we'll do it the right way regardless if it is Clausen or not. Groom him to the starter in the next year or two and by then, we will give Clausen or whomever the 32 starts he needs.

ok maybe i overstated it like i seem to do alot. hey i hang out with alot of irish fans so i root for them to do well, it just feels like weiss's plan hasn't worked and because he runs the pro-style offense and he was this great coordinator with the pats that alot of his players get over-hyped. i do like their running back coming out though.

my main concern is not drafting any of these guys/qbs in the first round. we need other key positions filled before we draft a qb. continue to beef up the offensive line and you could have shecky greene under center for all i care.

imo Pike is the hidden gem of the QBs in this draft

Skelton is the hidden gem, imo. He has the physical skills, the bulk, the arm, and has accuracy. He is definitely a QB to groom, and if you can coach him up right, he has the potential to be really good, imo.

Pike on other hand, is thin, has an average arm, but is pretty accurate, and has good timing and anticipation. He could also be good. But I think Skelton is the gem here.

Bradford is fragile, and has injury issues. Other than that, I think he's pretty good. But I still like Skelton. Give me Skelton, Baby!

alright, now you got me. give me the quick rundown on the guy because i've never heard of him. for real. not trying to be wise. where did he play, what kind of record did he have etc.? thanks!

Honestly bradford would be a mistake imho but pike, lefevour or skelton could likely produce some pleasant suprises and a good deal...any of these three may be the gem in the rough...bradford and tebow are questionable to me..clausen is out of the question he isnt a mangini kinda loser...

Honestly bradford would be a mistake imho but pike, lefevour or skelton could likely produce some pleasant suprises and a good deal...any of these three may be the gem in the rough...bradford and tebow are questionable to me..clausen is out of the question he isnt a mangini kinda loser...

alright, now you got me. give me the quick rundown on the guy because i've never heard of him. for real. not trying to be wise. where did he play, what kind of record did he have etc.? thanks!

He did get hurt in 2009 but here are his stats for 2008

483 passes 328 passes completed 67.9% 4,720 yards 50 TD's 8 Int. 180.8 Passer rating

Sam bradford stats

I am not at all familiar with Skelton either, so we'll just trust & see who we end up with.

The thing that really surprises me is how all the "experts" are overlooking the "red flags" regarding Bradford. That shoulder issue is NOT minor for a QB ( and keep in mind it was NOT just a one time injury). To me it's a MAJOR concern. He will get hit a lot more often & a lot harder in the NFL than he did in Oklahoma. It seems to me that, in the past, many fine players have dropped in the draft given health concerns....Why not Bradford? Would I take him if available at pick 7?...I'm not too sure, especially if Berry or a couple others were there.

Just my opinion...I'm a "fan", not an expert.

Mike

just checked the career stats of skelton and pike. they both compare pretty evenly. physically skelton is heavier with pike taller and leaner at 6; 6" and 233 lb. skelton's numbers are just a smudge better that pike's, but remember pike got hurt and was out three games so that could be the difference there. my question is what kind of comp is skelton seeing playing for the fordham rams?

in the big east you're playing some top ten teams. cincinnatti and pitt finished in the top ten. they went out of conference and beat a big ten team in illinois and a pac ten team in oregon state. they won every game last year (7-0 in conf. and 12-1 overall) and played florida in the sugar bowl and lost. (hell any team would have lost to that florida team!). the bcs ranked #3 at end of year. pike has seen alot more in his career so far and that to me would give him the edge over someone who's played in the atlantic ten.

I am not at all familiar with Skelton either, so we'll just trust & see who we end up with.

The thing that really surprises me is how all the "experts" are overlooking the "red flags" regarding Bradford. That shoulder issue is NOT minor for a QB ( and keep in mind it was NOT just a one time injury). To me it's a MAJOR concern. He will get hit a lot more often & a lot harder in the NFL than he did in Oklahoma. It seems to me that, in the past, many fine players have dropped in the draft given health concerns....Why not Bradford? Would I take him if available at pick 7?...I'm not too sure, especially if Berry or a couple others were there.

Just my opinion...I'm a "fan", not an expert.

Mike

I agree that they're glossing it over. As a Texas alum, I am programmed to hate OU and Sam Bradford,...but I don't. Bradford is an impressive college QB. The only thing I don't like (and it's a big deal) is that he doesn't like to get hit and he rarely got hit as hard as he will in the NFL. Quick release, accurate, arm strength, smart...sure. The injury and the "hit" issue is a big deal to me.

Archived