THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs magic number is down the '2'

ATENEARS

playoff_media_guide2_cover_07.jpg

With Atlanta's ass-beating of the Lakers last night and the Cavs win over the feisty Bucks, the Cavs either have to win just two more games or the Lakers have to lose two for the Cavs to secure home court throughout the playoffs.

REMAINING SCHEDULE:

Fri 02 vs Atlanta 8:00pm FSOhio HD ESPN WTAM 1100

Sun 04 @ Boston 1:00pm abc WTAM 1100

Tue 06 vs Toronto 7:00pm FSOhio HD NBA WTAM 1100

Thu 08 @ Chicago 8:00pm FSOhio HD/WUAB TNT WTAM 1100

Fri 09 vs Indiana 7:30pm FSOhio HD NBA WTAM 1100

Sun 11 vs Orlando 1:00pm abc WTAM 1100

Wed 14 @ Atlanta 8:00pm FSOhio HD NBA WTAM 1100

The Cavs have won 16 of their last 18.

They are playing like shit.

Yes, I hope you mean the Lakers are plying like shit. The Cavs are in full cruise control. Andy coulda, shoulda woulda played against the Smeltics. No Shaq either. The Smelts had to play out of their as$ to beat the Cavs at home.

Yes, I hope you mean the Lakers are plying like shit. The Cavs are in full cruise control. Andy coulda, shoulda woulda played against the Smeltics. No Shaq either. The Smelts had to play out of their as$ to beat the Cavs at home.

They are in such of a "cruise control" mode that they are now officially the worst shooting free throw team in the league. I don't think you have watched much of the games. How many unfourced turnovers has there been? WAY too many. Sloppy play. I don't care if they lose, it happens. But when you are shooting 60% from the line and have 10 unforced turnovers, it's not good.

They are playing like shit and better tighten up, and lose the "oh were just going through the motions" bullshit you are talking about. LeBron and family need to take a look back the the Bulls STREAKS right before the playoffs, when they were playing their best. 18+ straight wins at home. Other people contributing, not just Jordan, like LeBron needed to do yesterday. Everyone was standing around not setting screens or running back doors. 40 isolation plays for LeBron is not going to cut it. If they are playing how they are playing now, they will not make it to the finals. And I'll bet you on that Hoorta.

They are in such of a "cruise control" mode that they are now officially the worst shooting free throw team in the league. I don't think you have watched much of the games. How many unfourced turnovers has there been? WAY too many. Sloppy play. I don't care if they lose, it happens. But when you are shooting 60% from the line and have 10 unforced turnovers, it's not good.

They are playing like shit and better tighten up, and lose the "oh were just going through the motions" bullshit you are talking about. LeBron and family need to take a look back the the Bulls STREAKS right before the playoffs, when they were playing their best. 18+ straight wins at home. Other people contributing, not just Jordan, like LeBron needed to do yesterday. Everyone was standing around not setting screens or running back doors. 40 isolation plays for LeBron is not going to cut it. If they are playing how they are playing now, they will not make it to the finals. And I'll bet you on that Hoorta.

Actually, I've watched every minute of every game since mid February. Yeah FT % is a concern. (PS look at Orlando's) So is Mo Williams inability to play defense, Z is now slower than molasses in January and can't defend a guy a foot shorter than him in the paint, JJ Hixson is a stumbling boob who plays out of control 1\2 the time & relies on LBJ for setup dunks, and Mike "Tater Head" Brown can get out-coached by a trained chimpanzee.

If you really want to be negative, anything else I missed? Personally, I'm enjoying the ride, I hope it will end in the Promised Land- and if it doesn't it will go down in a very long line of failed Cleveland sports lore.

Uh, this team that better tighten it up has the best record in the NBA, played the last month without Shaq, and damn near beat Boston (playing at home) with PP's best performance of the year without Shaq and Andy. Faker Nation got blown out at home by the Spurs. So get back to me if we lose big time to the Tragic on Sunday- the last "statement" game on the Cavs schedule.

Archived