THE BROWNS BOARD

senate bails on unemployed americans

Steve, you're just baiting me, right?

There's a scheduled Easter recess that begins at Passover and runs until April 11th. Both the House and Senate. The bill to extend unemployment benefits was ready to go, and Coburn put a hold on it.

If you're upset about lapsing unemployment insurance, you know who to call.

In the end, it probably won't matter much, as they'll pass it when they get back and make it retroactive.

Steve, you're just baiting me, right?

There's a scheduled Easter recess that begins at Passover and runs until April 11th. Both the House and Senate. The bill to extend unemployment benefits was ready to go, and Coburn put a hold on it.

If you're upset about lapsing unemployment insurance, you know who to call.

In the end, it probably won't matter much, as they'll pass it when they get back and make it retroactive.

Actually trying out the voice recognition feature on the Droid. Saw that on Google news.

WSS. :)

So we have atleast 10% of the country unemployed and add another 10% to being underemployed with temporary layoffs and folks being forced to except lower wages in able to stay on the job.

This puts 1/5th of the american population at the mercy of democratic law makers who own the majority of the seats in congress. Meanwhile they snub their noses at the enemployed just as they did when they decided to vote for HC and the majority of the people were telling them no.

Meanwhile Heck wants to convince people that their unemployment checks will be made retroactive. When it will be determined by the states when unemployment starts and stops. And as you may know if you are on unemployment nothing is retroactive when you are getting an unemployment extension. You may have to wait a week or two between extensions because you have to refile like its new.

So in reality many folks will have to wait on the checks to start a new when the democratic congress decides to vote on this again.

57 DEMOCRATS VOTE AGAINST AN UNEMPLOYMENT EXTENSION[/b]HERE

Find out here, dont rely on what some left wing hack will tell you

drunk-democrats.jpg

Question, hoping someone could help.

I starting getting unemployment on December 22nd, after working exactly a year at the company.

It's been 15 weeks. Do I have to reapply for another extension after 20, or what? Will there be a lull in benefits if I don't get a call back from the 170 resumes I sent out today? How does this work?

How long can they be extended for just in case? T, said 2 years?

Thanks

Unemployment benefits expire for thousands

Senators debate funding as extension hangs in the balance

April 05, 2010|By Clement Tan, Tribune Newspapers

Even as unemployment benefits expired Monday for (212) thousands of Americans, Democrats and Republicans renewed their haggling over whether to approve an extension when Congress returns from its spring break next week.

In the latest round of skirmishing, Senate Democrats rejected Republican claims that they had backed away from a GOP proposal to give quick approval to a one-week extension that would be paid for with budget offsets.

Jim Bunning, R-Ky., raised earlier in the year over another extension that was not offset. But unlike before, failure to extend the benefits that expired Monday meant 212,000 unemployed people will lose benefits this week, according to data provided by the National Employment Law Project.

Manley argued that agreeing to pay for the temporary extension would lock the Democrats into a long-term commitment to cut the budget.

The Senate is set for a cloture vote when Congress reconvenes Monday.

Christine Owens, executive director of the National Employment Law Project, said in a statement that the "long slog of looking for work and surviving on jobless benefits is going to continue for millions of Americans."

Source

IMO: The democrats dont want to reduce the budget to pay for benefits. That may explain why 57 democrats voted NO. Meanwhile Republicans are willing to make spending cuts.

Archived