THE BROWNS BOARD

The Florida Browns

roach

i see that we have three road games in the Sunshine State this year. There has got to be a road trip in there somewhere.

OTOH, i find our Home schedule to be somewhat unexciting. The one exception to that is the Jets. The Mangini-Jets hype should be entertaining. i hope that turns out to be the opening game.

i see that we have three road games in the Sunshine State this year. There has got to be a road trip in there somewhere.

OTOH, i find our Home schedule to be somewhat unexciting. The one exception to that is the Jets. The Mangini-Jets hype should be entertaining. i hope that turns out to be the opening game.

If you book a road trip, maybe me and the G man should head to Florida!

I am game....I won't go to Miami.....crime infested part of the planet, but J-ville and Tampa work for me....next time the browns play in Nashville, you have to come down....the absolute best Honky Tonk are in the world is located there.

I don't care if you have hated country music since birth....a couple of hours in this place and you will be acting like Hee Haw was the greatest show television ever offered...those pretty gals will have you boot scooting....or wishing you could.

I am game....I won't go to Miami.....crime infested part of the planet, but J-ville and Tampa work for me....next time the browns play in Nashville, you have to come down....the absolute best Honky Tonk are in the world is located there.

I don't care if you have hated country music since birth....a couple of hours in this place and you will be acting like Hee Haw was the greatest show television ever offered...those pretty gals will have you boot scooting....or wishing you could.

we all got a hillbilly bone down deep inside

not what we do we just can't hide

when the band starts playin and the fiddle saws

you cant help but hollerin YEE HAW!

Qui lying, you just like Janine and those other cute Jets girls that visit our Tailgate party.

Jets%20fans.jpg

Depends on the time of year. December down there would be best. I still don't think the "Shedd-yule" has come out.

(phonics offered for our English friends

)

I don't think we can miss out on coming to C Town. One day we may do an away game but for us it's all about going to the hallowed turf at CBS. Once the kids are grown up and divorce will only mean losing contact with my house, I plan on getting a season ticket and will do all road games too until my money runs out and I end up sleeping under the Detroit bridge sneaking scraps of food from Ed's prep table whilst he's not looking.

You have to have a plan!! ;)

Yes, can't wait til the Schedule comes out (yes, that's shed-yule)

If a bunch of you lot decide to go to Florida though, I have to admit to being tempted to join you all tho!!!!

count me in! as another florida browns fan...its been a couple of years since i last visited a live NFL game...

i am also taking in the game in New Orleans...whos with me?...haha..seriously no better place than new orleans! (cept cleveland)

i am 4 hours from NO and that will be a fun game to beat the defending super bowl champs while slurpin some tasty gumbo

i have never been to a browns board function and this needs to be the year!

I was there last summer. You mean I should be inspired by this:

For those interested I may have access to some very reasonable, high quality accomodations either in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami or Tampa area. I am talking in the order of a 1-2-3 bedroom condo for under $500.00 total for a whole week (that is NOT per person, that is for everyone)....in nice areas...possibly even beach front. And this could even possibly be for multiple groups.

Jacksonville could also be a possibility, but either St. Augustine or Daytona may be the closest locales to stay. The Browns also play in New Orleans and it is possible that something could be available there as well, but not Peetown, Cinci, or B-more or Buffalo or KC...unless you want to stay in Branson.

So, when the schedule comes out, and you are interested, I may be able to hook you up.

I understand the concern about "crime infested" Miami, Peen

Oh, I know it can be avoided. I guess I just don't like that part of south florida....I am more a west coaster , or run more up the central portion of the state. Once I hit Yeehaw Junction, I want to be heading west , not south and east.

I was there last summer. You mean I should be inspired by this:

Thanks for that.

I was thinking more in lines of this.

As I was saying before, it might be a lot more fun if you wanted to take that road trip to go see the Browns play in New Orleans. I was checking out my "condo Getaway" program which is run through my time share outfit, and there are weeks available in New Orleans throughout the fall. The price for a week ranges from $266.00 for an efficiency to $526.00 for a 2 BR. (but mostly 1 BRs) including weeks beginning 9/17, 9/24, 10/8, 12/11, 12/3, and 12/10.

The Tampa area is not quite as reasonable. Efficiencies are about $630.00, 2BRs run up to $1000.00.

On the East Coast there are numerous places available for nearly every week of the fall in Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano, Delray, and up to Palm Beach for a good price. Efficiencies for about #317.00, 2BRs ranging from $487-$667.00 per week.

If you wanted to do the Jacksonville game you'd have to probably stay in Daytona, which is about 90-100 miles away. there are availabilities ranging from a low of $400 for a smaller unit to about $800.00 for a 2 BR.

Now, the schedule just has to come out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, this is the year of the Zombo.

Three Browns games in Florida ... I never thought the planets would align just right for that to happen.

I am less than two hours to Miami and less than two and a half hours to Tampa.

Jacksonville is a hike (6 hours) but that'll make for a nice weekend trip (Lots ot do in Jax and St. Augustine is great).

Tampa is the best environment of the three. Best city and best fans.

I understand the concern about "crime infested" Miami, Peen. But it is easily avoided. Come down to Naples and stay Saturday night. The next morning, it's an hour-and-a-half across Alligator Alley (I-75) and even with traffic you are at Dolphin stadium (or whatever they call it) in two hours. The stadium is away from Miami, and you never have to leave the Interstate to get there, you just pull right in to the parking off of the interstate.

I will go to as many games as I can afford to see. Ideally Jax will be scheduled before it gets "cold" up there, Tampa and Miami are perfect for football anytime. Unless you are opposed to cold beer on a hot day with 30,000 women in halter and bikini tops dotting the scenery.

Zombo

--and keep your ticket stubs, as this will be our Super Bowl season.

Checking flights for the Miami game. Thinking about arriving on Friday to see what all this Naples hub-bub is all about.

Checking flights for the Miami game. Thinking about arriving on Friday to see what all this Naples hub-bub is all about.

Naples is nice.....I am partial to Venice, about 50 miles north....have a home there.....but if you have never been to the west coast of Fla, you will never go anywhere else in the state....except Gainesville of course. ;)

For me.....looks like the season opener in Tampa.....it will be hot.

My brother lives there, so Tampa is on the tentative schedule.

Archived