THE BROWNS BOARD

Safety, Eric Berry to visit Browns today

ATENEARS

AP

Berry won't have to wait long to hear his name called during the first round.

Per a league source, Berry is in Cleveland today to meet with the Browns and will follow that up with a trip to Tampa to talk with the Buccaneers on Sunday.

Tampa Bay currently holds the No. 3 pick in this month’s draft, with the Browns sitting four spots behind them at No. 7.

Another interesting nugget to add to this story is that there’s a rumor floating around that the Browns have told Berry they don’t think he will be available when they pick at No. 7.

The 5’11”, 211-pound junior recorded 83 stops (54 solo) and two interceptions in 2009 on his way to winning the Jim Thorpe award (nation’s top defensive back). Berry ended his three-year career in Knoxville with 241 tackles, three sacks, 14 interceptions and three touchdowns.

In addition to the Browns and Buccaneers, Berry has already met with the Kansas City Chiefs (fifth pick), Washington Redskins (fourth pick) and Philadelphia Eagles (24th pick).

For those of you counting at home, four of Berry’s five meetings have/will come with teams drafting in the top seven.

Don't panic people, most top 10 prospects will visit with the teams picking in the top 10. You don't want a guy to fall to you and not have a clue what kind of person he is. Also, if somebody does something unexpected before you and your number 1 guy is gone, you want to know who plan B is. I still think he'll fall. If not, oh well, we can trade out and take Earl Thomas later and get a 2nd rounder! There are plenty of good DBs coming out this year. Although Berry is the best, we can still find a solid safety/CB later in the 1st or even the 2nd. And I still think Washington or Seattle will take CJ Spiller. He is my X-Factor in the top 10.

FS

1 Eric Berry FS Tennessee

2 Taylor Mays FS Southern California

3 Nate Allen FS South Florida

4 Morgan Burnett FS Georgia Tech

5 Major Wright FS Florida

6 Kam Chancellor FS Virginia Tech

SS

Chad Jones SS LSU

Reshad Jones SS Georgia

Darrell Stuckey SS Kansas

T.J. Ward SS Oregon

Larry Asante SS Nebraska

Kurt Coleman SS Ohio State

Myron Rolle SS Florida State

CB

Joe Haden CB Florida

Earl Thomas CB Texas

Kyle Wilson CB Boise State

Devin McCourty CB Rutgers

Kareem Jackson CB Alabama

Patrick Robinson CB Florida State

Chris Cook CB Virginia

He's too good to make it to #7, but the only teams ahead of us who are a threat to take him are Seattle and Kansas City. I can't make myself put Berry to either of those teams in a mock draft though b/c I can't see them passing on Bulaga and Trent Williams. We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

do you have a link btw? thnx in advance.

Currently watching NFL Network, top Ten shutdown corners. why is Hanford and Minni #2?

But what every champiionship team enjoys is guys in the secondary who can flat out play. They may not get all of the attention, but defense wins championships. We need some guys with big ones who can flat out play the position. i am tired of watching these Phil Savage projects hanging around pretending that they know how to play pro football.

A couple of shutdown corners with a BAMF safety like Berry is what we need.

I haven't seen anything much leaked about Eric Berry's visit yesterday except for early reports. I wonder how things went.

You're the opposite of me, I'm surprised when something does leak about player visits. They always say "the visit went really well".

Can you imagine...

Mike Holmgren on Eric Berry - "This kid is an arrogant little punk and it took all I had not to leap over the table and strangle the little bastard within an inch of his life! He had trouble pronouncing '3-4 defense' and confessed that he admires Big Ben and Pacman Jones and hopes to one day break Wilt Chamberlin's record of 5,000. We're now looking at a TE at #7 as they are generally nice fellas".

You're the opposite of me, I'm surprised when something does leak about player visits. They always say "the visit went really well".

Can you imagine...

Mike Holmgren on Eric Berry - "This kid is an arrogant little punk and it took all I had not to leap over the table and strangle the little bastard within an inch of his life! He had trouble pronouncing '3-4 defense' and confessed that he admires Big Ben and Pacman Jones and hopes to one day break Wilt Chamberlin's record of 5,000. We're now looking at a TE at #7 as they are generally nice fellas".

I'm looking for the meat and potato shit. Did he get out to some clubs, punch any of Lebrons friends? Did he order a freaking bloddy steak, or nibble on sushi? Did anyone see him making it rain at Diamond Men's Club? Was he a good tipper, or lame, rude-ass, MF'er? Which current Browns players courted him? Are there other Tennessee alumni on the team that he is friends with? Is his girlfriend hot? Did his dad come along and run his mouth? Or is Dad an old Jim Brown fan? Did the kid want to be like Erocc when he was a kid? Did he wear gawdy chains and shit and blast rap music out of the limo?

I don't give a shit if Holmgren thought he was a pretty boy or not, he can stick to QB's, I want to know if this kid had some swagger ... or too much?

I'm looking for the meat and potato shit. Did he get out to some clubs, punch any of Lebrons friends? Did he order a freaking bloddy steak, or nibble on sushi? Did anyone see him making it rain at Diamond Men's Club? Was he a good tipper, or lame, rude-ass, MF'er? Which current Browns players courted him? Are there other Tennessee alumni on the team that he is friends with? Is his girlfriend hot? Did his dad come along and run his mouth? Or is Dad an old Jim Brown fan? Did the kid want to be like Erocc when he was a kid? Did he wear gawdy chains and shit and blast rap music out of the limo?

I don't give a shit if Holmgren thought he was a pretty boy or not, he can stick to QB's, I want to know if this kid had some swagger ... or too much?

I guess the fact that we didn't hear anything is probably a good thing. Plus, he has been touted as a classy, respectful, all around good guy from scouts across the nation. Or it could just be Berea being tight lipped as we get closer to the draft. I have a feeling that the teleconferance was the regime's last attempt at being open with the fans. A gag order may be implamented from here on out leading up to the draft.

By the way. What in the hell is up with this 3 day event with only the 1st round being done on day 1? I really feel like it takes the excitement out of the draft. I for one like the fact that teams are on the clock and have to think on the fly. Now, teams will have 24 hours to assess the first round as well as make deals and such. It takes the sense of desperation out of it and I liked that element of the draft.

I kind of like the new format.

I think it will lead to more deals and IMO it was rather boring sitting around all day waiting for picks... I like the way it is segmented.

I kind of like the new format.

I think it will lead to more deals and IMO it was rather boring sitting around all day waiting for picks... I like the way it is segmented.

You know what? You might be right about more deals getting done which isn't really a bad thing. I just liked the aura of desperation that has always comes with the first round of the draft. Which, now that I think about it, may not really be effected all that much by the new format. Okay ballpeen, even though you weren't trying to, you've changed my mind. I'll give it a chance before I knock it.

Archived