THE BROWNS BOARD

Tigers vs. Indians 4/11

Browns

I hate to say it, but this game may mark the beginning of a disater. Rafael Perez has never regained his form of a few seasons ago, and Chris Perez is merely a stop-gap closer for now.

Might be a real difficult season...can we win 70 games?

I hate to say it, but this game may mark the beginning of a disater. Rafael Perez has never regained his form of a few seasons ago, and Chris Perez is merely a stop-gap closer for now.

Might be a real difficult season...can we win 70 games?

The ownership is shit. Dolan is a cheap asshole. As long as he is owner, we are xxxxed.

Chris Perez almost loses it again today.

Yah he loaded the bases with no outs and they took him out.

Bullpen has cost us two games in a row.

Peralta's error cost us one game.

Our starting pitching has been the BEST part of our game this year. I would have never guessed that. If our bullpen sucks it's going to be a tough year.

Hey Santana and the Clippers are scoring some serious runs though. They scored 41 runs in their first 4 games. Santana has hit 4 HR's already and was named international league player of the week. If Redmond and Marson still have trouble, we could see Santana before the All-star break.

Things that struck me...

Fausto was awesome. Westbrook is eh, getting there.

It was a pretty ballsy (or just pretty stupid) move to put Perez out there in a non-save situation a day after throwing 37 pitches and having a melt down.

Perez will have those moments. Wouldn't be a Tribe closer without them.

The "strike one" memo still isn't getting through for most of the pitchers.

We still have a lot of offense even if it hasn't fully clicked yet. The lineup looks weak without Grady, obviously.

Speaking of Grady, he's had 22 ABs so far, 12 of those were with runners on base (4 hits, 5 RBI).

Choo's only had 7 ABs with runners on, and he's 0-fer.

In those situations, Hafner's 2 for 10 (both singles), Peralta's 2 for 9, Valbuena's 1 for 9 (but made it count, against Verlander). All of those numbers will go up. Hopefully Sizemore's stay level.

Jhonny's not looking good at 3rd. Wes Hodges is supposedly moving to 1st base in Columbus. Might be tougher to trade Jhonny at the deadline with no real backup (sans Marte).

Neftali Feliz is really effing good. 100+ MPH fastball with good location, mid-70s breaking ball. It's unfair.

Interesting to see the battle of the former relievers with Masterson v. Wilson on Wednesday. Wilson was amazing in his first start this year. Hopefully Masterson can go more than 5.

Archived