THE BROWNS BOARD

With 1 in 5 Americans out of work, Obama issues over a million green cards

Mr. T

With 1 in 5 Americans out of work, Obama issues over a million green cards

The Department of Homeland Security has just reported that during 2009, they issued 1,130,818 new Green Cards to foreign nationals, allowing them to work legally in this country. That number represents the fourth highest number of cards issued in one year.

750,000 of the new Green Cards were given to the families of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents.

The top four recipient nations are as follows:

-Mexico…164,920

-China…receiving 64,238

-Philippines…60,029

-India…57,304

In Feb. 2009, the financial institution Merrill Lynch announced that the nation’s actual unemployment rate had reached 13.9 percent. A year later, that number had risen to 17.3 percent. This figure represents Americans who have been laid off from full-time positions and are now working part-time, as well as those who have simply stopped looking for work, and workers whose unemployment benefits have run out.

The official unemployment figure given monthly by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics is now listed around 10 percent, but represents only those Americans currently receiving unemployment checks, and is not truly indicative of the dire employment situation now facing the U.S.

In 1931, the second full year of the Great Depression, the average rate of unemployment was 16.3 percent, with U.S. unemployment peaking at 25 percent in 1933. We now sit in between those two disastrous figures, with an ever-worsening economy.

With U.S. unemployment now at depression levels, we simply can no longer tolerate not only illegal immigration, but any immigration which allows foreign nationals to take much-needed jobs from American citizens.

Why are we paying the salaries of elected representatives who now seem to represent everyone, but us?

Source

I blame Bush. He didn't do diddley to try to solve the problem, the Dems have

made it a political football, and Bush wouldn't return the punt.

Obama isn't either.

I don't get it.

From Maddox, creator of the best page in the universe.

Oops! You're racist.

I was listening to Alan Colmes' radio show the other night because it's the only thing on between Phil Hendrie and Tom Leykis. Colmes was out for the evening, so a guest host was conducting an interview with the lawyer filing a class action law suit against WalMart--the world's largest retailer--alleging that WalMart cheated thousands of immigrant janitors out of wages. The host argued that the janitors didn't deserve to get paid the same wage as Americans because they were illegal immigrants and shouldn't have been in America in the first place.

My bullshit detector went off, so I called into the show to slam him in the face with the sledge hammer of fallacy. The conversation went something like this:

Host "Hello, you're on the air."

Me "Yes, I'm calling to side with the lawyer."

Host "Why?"

Me "Because saying that an illegal immigrant doesn't deserve to be paid the same wages as an American because he doesn't belong here in the first place is like saying that a person trapped in a well shouldn't be saved because he shouldn't have been playing around the well in the first place."

Host (pause)

"Yeah... that's a good point."

He then hung up on me and proceeded to repeat his argument verbatim, even though I handed him a plate full of his ass with all the trimmings, only this time he added something to the effect of "well these immigrants are coming to America and taking jobs away from Americans." What?

News flash: immigrants aren't taking anything from Americans. Companies like WalMart are giving jobs to them illegally. If WalMart paid a company to hire immigrants to do the job over Americans then there's probably a good reason for it. I'm sick and tired of lazy gluttonous Americans bitching about immigrants "taking" our jobs. It's not like they can literally come to America, ambush us in the parking lot and take our jobs.

immigrant.gif

If you lose your job to an immigrant, it's probably because he or she was willing to work harder for less money. Don't want to pay them full wages? Then don't hire them. If they do equal work, then they deserve equal pay. It's just that simple, and I'm not going to sit back like every other racist piece of shit bitching about having to work harder because there's a little competition for my job, immigrant or otherwise. I know I can do my job better than anyone, and if an immigrant thinks he can do a better job than I can, I welcome him to try.

What kind of chicken shit pussy is afraid of competition? Can't get a job because you lost out to an immigrant? Well TOUGH SHIT. Nobody wants to pay you for your half-assed work if someone else can do it better. That's what America is all about. Our president may be a moron, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let any more jackasses sully the reputation of hard working Americans who are willing to work just as hard as anyone else with or without competition. If you can't cut it, then the people with money will pay it to someone else who can. Maybe if all you people bitching weren't such lazy, pathetic, blood sucking leeches, you'd get off of your dead ass and work HARDER to do a better job. Get some balls people. If you're too chicken shit and you can't cut it, then maybe it's you who doesn't deserve to live in America. Not the immigrants.

Now, Walmarts and farms don't have the incentive to hire these legal workers over American citizens on anything except work ethic and job skills. I don't see this as an inherently bad thing. Though I would think that this might be making it harder for farmers... your thoughts Cal?

Well, way out on the other side of Hartville, there is a mgirant center. They and their families live in buildings, and

work the big farms.

They are wonderful, very, very nice people. They do speak English to a degree, some a lot. They aren't illegal,

that would be kinda a bigtime stupid thing to try...

But they have green cards, they work hard and honestly and I don't know any of us who want to work picking veggies

and fruits in the fields....., and I think that is fine.

But my friend from India, who has been here on a green card, is working on being a citizen... he says

he has a LOT of friends who can't get green cards, because of the flood of folks who want to come here.

Doesn't sound like an America that needs a "new face" to me.

But it isn't just those migrants. It's tech people from India, etc etc etc. who come here and yes, TAKE jobs.

How? they have no culture here, no families, they are here 6 months and then gone. So, all they have to do for six

months, is work starting about 2.5 hours earlier than Americans do, and about 2-3 hours later than Americans do,

they are consultants, they don't pay rent (it's subsidized by the overseas company - group housing), they bus to

work,... and sure, they work cheaper, but cheaper is a great salary to them from where they come from.

They don't need any kind of benefits from the company they work for - it is also subsidized.

Some don't speak English well at all, and their accent prevents them from communicating well...

and all too often, they do NOT have the skills that the American workers have.

All this is FACT - I have BEEN THERE. Those workers who do NOT have the skills, simply get on the net,

and have superiors back "home" give them solutions, etc.

Time and time again, my friend, a project leader, kept wondering why most of the time he asked questions

at meetings, those folks would never have an answer until later on in the day. He found out, from a friend who

admitted it. that they were getting their answers from their consultant home base back in India.

It most certainly IS putting Americans out of work, taking their jobs... a LOT. Not all the time, as with the migrant '

workers...

But whoever let all this start happening, never looked down the road at the abuse that would transpire years later.

So, here we are.

And now, this "President" is going radical with his college teachings, and is making wrong moves again and again and again.

It's making millions of Americans wonder what is really going on.

it isn't any kind of competition, it's being unfairly undercut.How the hell are Americans supposed to compete?

Disown their families? Stop paying their bills? Their taxes?

Archived