THE BROWNS BOARD

Rams offer Steelers a HUGE deal

DAWGPOUND16

Rams have offered the Steelers this years 1st overall pick...AND next years 1st round pick for Ben Roethlisberger. Which would prob be another top 5 pick.

It's being reported on Pittsburgh sports radio stations.

Have u guys heard any rumblings in St. Louis?

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?spo...0673&lid=10

He's going to get his ass handed to him with that line. It would actually be a great move for Pittsburgh. Who the hell is running the Rams? There has to be a flip flop of picks this year, no way this could be true.

Choco, or any other Steeler fans in Pittsburgh, can you confirm this?

how can you believe any of this? who's going to step in and lead the offense.....charlie batch? the rookie? would you stick in bradford with a bum shoulder behind the line gayben got bashed behind? just total bullshit troll talk.

According to rumors out there (and I know they are out there because I started them), this Rams trade is actually plan C of what they may do with Brainlessberger.

Plan A Have him cryogenically frozen after each season, and thaw him out in time for training camp so he can't get into off season trouble. It sounds far fetched but Pittsburgh has a lot of high tech medical research going on and the Rooneys have lots of money to take advantage of it. The league would probably allow this, as a suspension for stuff he did that he did not get caught at, or an advance suspension for stuff he was going to do in the future.

Plan B Have him "fixed". My dog Max had similar problems, always running off, and would not stop humping people's legs. This solution worked wonders for him and maybe it would work for BR.

Yes, this appears only to be some single post rumor started by some yahoo that can post whatever he wants. I mean, you know how many dumbass Steeler trolls we get on here. This was probably started by yet another dumbass Steeler troll who only hoped and wished that they could get 2 #1s for BR.

I mean, it carries no more credibility than if I were to start a rumor saying the Steelers would trade BR to the Raiders for Jamarcus Russell and a case of pork rines. The only guys that would get any value out of that trade would be whoever gets to eat the pork rines.

" I heard on the radio that the Steelers were offering their entire draft this year to some other team willing to take

Ben Rothlicksbooger off their hands"

A lot like that.

According to rumors out there (and I know they are out there because I started them), this Rams trade is actually plan C of what they may do with Brainlessberger.

Plan A Have him cryogenically frozen after each season, and thaw him out in time for training camp so he can't get into off season trouble. It sounds far fetched but Pittsburgh has a lot of high tech medical research going on and the Rooneys have lots of money to take advantage of it. The league would probably allow this, as a suspension for stuff he did that he did not get caught at, or an advance suspension for stuff he was going to do in the future.

Plan B Have him "fixed". My dog Max had similar problems, always running off, and would not stop humping people's legs. This solution worked wonders for him and maybe it would work for BR.

ha ha ha ... OK Thats some funny Crap. ( Sadly Not a Bad Idea either)

He's going to get his ass handed to him with that line. It would actually be a great move for Pittsburgh. Who the hell is running the Rams? There has to be a flip flop of picks this year, no way this could be true.

This was also discussed last Thursday , I hear there is merit to it. It would require we sacrifice a couple seasons. The Steelers really Like Bradford. However They Love Suh. I heard Taking Suh 1st and a QB with No. 18. Signing possible Marc Bulger as stop gap ( Pittsburgh Kid). Problem is this do YOU want to Pay for TWO 1st Round draft picks in the same offseason ??? Doesnt sound like the Steeler way. I think we are Stuck rehabilitating Ben.

In what I've read and heard it's nothing more than a rumor. No real credence has been given to the situation. I also doubt anything will be done until some sort of punishment is handed down from the league which is set to happen after the draft. I personally don't see it happening and even with Big Ben and his recent slew of headaches I'm not sure I'd want to ship him off for a first this year and one next. The man wins football games and once again hasn't been convicted of anything. He's really close to a lot of players on the team as well so I imagine is departure would create a pretty substantial rift. Either way it's certainly not a bad deal, but not also one that I'd be jumping up and down over. He's a franchise QB whether anyone here wants to admit it or not. I also have no idea what the Steelers would do with the top pick in the draft. Take Bradford? I'm not sure I want Bradford leading the Steelers. If they don't take Bradford maybe they pick up Sub or Gerald McCoy and then grab a QB in the second round. I don't want Ben going anywhere, but I guess we'll see.

Also is there something wrong with the message board or did a mod mess with my settings or something. I ask because every time I click on a thread the OP's post is at the top displayed normally. Every other additional post I have to click on individually if I want to read what was discussed. It's pretty annoying. Some mod help would be appreciated.

A quick aside..I see Pittsburgh trading down in round one, maybe drafting Pouncy and trading back up in round 2 and taking someone like Golden Tate.

This was also discussed last Thursday , I hear there is merit to it. It would require we sacrifice a couple seasons. The Steelers really Like Bradford. However They Love Suh. I heard Taking Suh 1st and a QB with No. 18. Signing possible Marc Bulger as stop gap ( Pittsburgh Kid). Problem is this do YOU want to Pay for TWO 1st Round draft picks in the same offseason ??? Doesnt sound like the Steeler way. I think we are Stuck rehabilitating Ben.

I want nothing to do with Bulger. Hell I'd rather start Dixon. I guess we'll find out, at least things should be interesting.....I can't wait for the draft. One of my favorite times of the year!

I would think that if the suspension is dealt Wednesday...its gonna be longer. But I don't see a trade to be honest

Colon and starks didn't have anything nice to say on bens behalf, rather expressing some resentment than santonio was the scapegoat.

Even now, bens on a pedestal. This will divide that lockerroom for sure. Per steeler policy we won't hear much about it. Although om not sure if ots a lack of confidence on the oline or dixon...but it pretty obvious they're gonna let ben stay for the sake of winning. Noone else can make those playa consistently behind that atrocious line.

I would think that if the suspension is dealt Wednesday...its gonna be longer. But I don't see a trade to be honest

Colon and starks didn't have anything nice to say on bens behalf, rather expressing some resentment than santonio was the scapegoat.

Even now, bens on a pedestal. This will divide that lockerroom for sure. Per steeler policy we won't hear much about it. Although om not sure if ots a lack of confidence on the oline or dixon...but it pretty obvious they're gonna let ben stay for the sake of winning. Noone else can make those playa consistently behind that atrocious line.

Max he gets is 4 games and if he gets 4 I bet it's knocked down to 2 by the time the season starts. I also don't see it dividing the locker room and I also didn't take Starks and Colon's comments that way. As far as the line is concerned it's FAR from atrocious. It was just banged up. Either way I agree that he won't be traded.

Ill admit to speaking a bit sternly to get a rise outta you guys, but I do think you are downplaying the comments a bit.

"Sausage party"...google it. Ben ccasts a big shadow, and when he gets treated differently than everyone else, you can bet your bottom dollar that they intetnally resent his elitest ass.

How else do ya explain the pass blocking? (Sarcasm )

Archived