THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 2011 schedule!

The Gipper

No, this post is not about the Browns schedule that will come out on Tuesday for the 2010 season. It is about their schedule for the following year, 2011. That is if they even play a season that year. Strike/lockout threats loom. Nevertheless, nearly all of the Browns 2011 opponents are already known:

Home opponents: Cincy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Arizona, St. Louis, plus the team from the AFC East who finishes in the corresponding position to the Browns finish.

Away opponents: Cincy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indianapolis, Seattle, San Francisco, plus the team from the AFC West who finishes in the corresponding position to the Browns finish.

As noted about 2010, the Browns do not have to go any further west than Kansas City. In 2011 they could have to go to the West Coast 3 different times if they finish in the same slot as either the Raiders or Chargers.

Not at all. No need to be a dick

Thanks for posting this. I love picturing our season even a year in advance...and in the boring offseason we need something to be talking about lol

OP, sorry, wasnt aiming to be a dick.

Its hard enough waiting an extra week for the schedule to come out, let alone looking to 2011.

Can we still be friends?

OP, sorry, wasnt aiming to be a dick.

Its hard enough waiting an extra week for the schedule to come out, let alone looking to 2011.

Can we still be friends?

It is not a worthless post. At worst you can say is that it is a premature post. The basic reason for it was that there had been discussion on here about attending road games...and doing the planning for attending a road game. We know about the schedule coming out tomorrow and the road games the Browns will play (3 in Fla./New Orleans/Buffalo/three AFC North cities). I was simply reporting on the locations the Browns would be playing the following year and whether or not there may be some interesting/fun/exciting locales to go to in addition to taking in a Browns road game. I am always thinking what there is to do and see in addition to the Browns game. The possibility of going to Seattle or the San Francisco/Oakland area or San Diego or Houston and seeing the environs around those cities is intriguing. If the ONLY thing I was interested in doing while on a road trip was to see the game, then why bother going any further than Pittsburgh or Cincinnati?

It is not a worthless post. At worst you can say is that it is a premature post. The basic reason for it was that there had been discussion on here about attending road games...and doing the planning for attending a road game. We know about the schedule coming out tomorrow and the road games the Browns will play (3 in Fla./New Orleans/Buffalo/three AFC North cities). I was simply reporting on the locations the Browns would be playing the following year and whether or not there may be some interesting/fun/exciting locales to go to in addition to taking in a Browns road game. I am always thinking what there is to do and see in addition to the Browns game. The possibility of going to Seattle or the San Francisco/Oakland area or San Diego or Houston and seeing the environs around those cities is intriguing. If the ONLY thing I was interested in doing while on a road trip was to see the game, then why bother going any further than Pittsburgh or Cincinnati?

So if you're planning ahead, I like to try to get to the fans planning to come to New Orleans and suggest that money goes a lot farther in more interesting places than the French Quarter. you can ride the streecar for $1.25 and see beautiful homes up to where Loyola and Tulane Universities are on one side and Audubon Park is on the other. You can walk through the park to Magazine St. and take the bus ($1.25) along a very interesting street of stores and eating places, among others passing 2 Reginelli's (pizza) where on Monday or Tuesday you pay $2 for a pitcher of beer; maybe get off at Washington Ave and walk back towards the streetcar through the Garden District, where neighborly sorts might show you Sandra Bullock's house, Archie Manning's where Peyton and Eli grew up, the house that Nicholas Cage gave back to the bank, the big white house used in Benjamin Button, some of the places owned by Anne Rice, a cemetery occupying a square block, Commander's Palace restaurant if you've brought lots of money, and my house.

So if you're planning ahead, I like to try to get to the fans planning to come to New Orleans and suggest that money goes a lot farther in more interesting places than the French Quarter. you can ride the streecar for $1.25 and see beautiful homes up to where Loyola and Tulane Universities are on one side and Audubon Park is on the other. You can walk through the park to Magazine St. and take the bus ($1.25) along a very interesting street of stores and eating places, among others passing 2 Reginelli's (pizza) where on Monday or Tuesday you pay $2 for a pitcher of beer; maybe get off at Washington Ave and walk back towards the streetcar through the Garden District, where neighborly sorts might show you Sandra Bullock's house, Archie Manning's where Peyton and Eli grew up, the house that Nicholas Cage gave back to the bank, the big white house used in Benjamin Button, some of the places owned by Anne Rice, a cemetery occupying a square block, Commander's Palace restaurant if you've brought lots of money, and my house.

There you go. That's what I'm talkin' about. If I had not already had a fall trip planned I may have jumped at the chance to hit New Orleans in the fall and to see a Browns game at the same time.

Have you had breakfast at the Camellia Grill lately? We went there twice during the week I spent in NO. (about 12 years ago). My wife and I DID have dinner at Commander's Palace. ( I think for the two of us it was in the $100-$125 range back then).

Archived