THE BROWNS BOARD

Who you DON'T want us to draft?

BrownsFan17

Every year there seems to be one player that I absolutely don't want us to draft and this years pick is Myron "I am smarter than everyone else and only want to play in the NFL to get the big payday" Rolle. I have not felt this strongly about a player since Jamarcus "I have more junk in my trunk than J-Lo" Russell.

Anybody else have someone they want us to avoid like plague?

Every year there seems to be one player that I absolutely don't want us to draft and this years pick is Myron "I am smarter than everyone else and only want to play in the NFL to get the big payday" Rolle. I have not felt this strongly about a player since Jamarcus "I have more junk in my trunk than J-Lo" Russell.

Anybody else have someone they want us to avoid like plague?

I don't get your opinion at all when looking at Rolle. I think you just made that up because he IS smarter than you.

I don't get your opinion at all when looking at Rolle. I think you just made that up because he IS smarter than you.

Perhaps he is. After all, I am not a Rhodes Scholar however the fact that he is intelligent is not what's unappealing. It's his attitude. He oozes "entitlement" and I, personally, don't care for it. Also, every single clip I have seen on him has him discussing money. I like my players to love the game first ... not the money.

If all he wanted was money, why the hell would he forego football to get an education?

Didn't think about that too much, eh?

Yes, I did think about it. He wants to use the NFL and the money from playing in the league to achieve his life's goal of working in the medical field. He has made that very clear in all of his interviews. I want my football players to love the game above and beyond all other careers. Call it a personal preference.

Bradford! Yes I said it!!! He has proven injury problems and we would have to give up too many picks. The Patriots continue to be good because they find ways to end up with 9, 10, 11 draft picks almost every year. That give a team more chaces to hit on a higher number of young talent. Right now we need that more than a QB that might end up like Tim Couch.

What?

Sorry man...that makes no sense

Tha medical field isn't a country club....you don't pay an entry fee to be a doctor. I guess your implying that he wants cash for med school.....

In which case, beimg a marginal 4th round pick guarantees him nothing. Now if you were right, a smart individual would've tried to get the big payday....since med school is high 6 figures

What he dod..

Contrary to your belief...is give himself options. That's all.

Now, for other folks most despised picks.

/threadjack

What?

Sorry man...that makes no sense

Tha medical field isn't a country club....you don't pay an entry fee to be a doctor. I guess your implying that he wants cash for med school.....

In which case, beimg a marginal 4th round pick guarantees him nothing. Now if you were right, a smart individual would've tried to get the big payday....since med school is high 6 figures

What he dod..

Contrary to your belief...is give himself options. That's all.

Now, for other folks most despised picks.

/threadjack

You are so right. He would be much better off flipping burgers to make money to go to medical school. After all, a 4th round draft pick doesn't make much more than minimum wage, does he?

Great argument....why are you trying to burn your own thread? Shep not answer ya yet?

Btw.../threadjack means end thread jack. Don't bother...I don't care

Edit:

So to not ruin your thread....ill leave it to pm

Great argument....why are you trying to burn your own thread? Shep not answer ya yet?

Btw.../threadjack means end thread jack. Don't bother...I don't care

He wants to be a Dr. and he is choosing to fall back on his backup choice (the NFL) to earn money to supplement his first choice (being a doctor). Really, what's so hard to understand about that? It isn't rocket science.

That's my opinion. You don't have to like it but that doesn't mean you have to be a condescending prick either.

Perhaps he is. After all, I am not a Rhodes Scholar
be happy you are not. from what i understand it involves being the ill.umi.nati's puppet from now until ?. it's also why we can expect to see Billy Clinton paying dues until he's wheel chair bound, and maybe even after that.

i hope Myron Rolle's role is palatable for him and that he has a successful NFL career...possibly even one that may never end.

He wants to be a Dr. and he is choosing to fall back on his backup choice (the NFL) to earn money to supplement his first choice (being a doctor). Really, what's so hard to understand about that? It isn't rocket science.

That's my opinion. You don't have to like it but that doesn't mean you have to be a condescending prick either.

whoah. i didn't get that vibe when i read what choco wrote, but i'm buzzed so...

when you pretend we know each other on here his/her post comes off more chummy--not agressive. jmo.

i hope the draft NO ONE @ 7. i want them to trade out.

Perhaps he is. After all, I am not a Rhodes Scholar however the fact that he is intelligent is not what's unappealing. It's his attitude. He oozes "entitlement" and I, personally, don't care for it. Also, every single clip I have seen on him has him discussing money. I like my players to love the game first ... not the money.

i have gotten the absolute opposite vibe from Rolle. Every clip I've seen has talked about how he loves the game and that's his passion, but he took the Rhodes scholarship because he wants to do something to help the world after his football career. If anything, that shows to me he'll work harder than a lot of guys cause he has goals to set in life to dominate football and medicine. I would maybe understand where you were coming from if he was a top 10 talent like russell, but to take a shot on a guy with enormous talent like Rolle in a later round is absolutely %100 percent worth it in my book.

Dude, this guy wants to devote his life to helping people that nobody else wants to help so if he gets a huge payday, so what? Would you rather see Jamarcus Russel or Ben RapenChicks get 100 million or a guy like Rolle get 4 million? Plus, this guy will never be without a handsome salary so I doubt it's about money. The kid loves football, he just happens to have bigger plans in life. Remember Jim Brown? Barry Sanders? Steve Smith? they all wanted out early so they can do other things. Eric Dickerson admits that he didn't like football he just did it because it was was easy. I doubt you will hear any of their teams complain about every drafting them? What about Dieon Sanders and Bo Jackson? They each would miss half of their football games and nobody there is complaining.

The point is, Myron having a bigger vision doesn't bother me at all. He is one of the guys I am really hoping we can get with one of our late 3rd rounders or early 4th rounders. The kid can play. If he gives some team 5 years than it's worth the pick. It's not like he's going to quit before training camp.

i have gotten the absolute opposite vibe from Rolle. Every clip I've seen has talked about how he loves the game and that's his passion, but he took the Rhodes scholarship because he wants to do something to help the world after his football career. If anything, that shows to me he'll work harder than a lot of guys cause he has goals to set in life to dominate football and medicine. I would maybe understand where you were coming from if he was a top 10 talent like russell, but to take a shot on a guy with enormous talent like Rolle in a later round is absolutely %100 percent worth it in my book.

Initially, I got that vibe too but then I saw an interview where he was talking about how medicine was his first love ... which I still had no issue with. Then I saw a snippet on a rap song that he did. In that song, he was talking/rapping about what he loves about the NFL ... money. It just put a bad taste in my mouth and I just can't seem to shake it. Now, when I watch him speak, I can't help but feel that he is just saying whatever teams want to hear to get his payday.

Rolle is a 2nd round talent that can be had maybe in the 4th. Take that kid!

But my pick is obvious, Clausen.

I may get my wish since we don't have a 4th round pick :)

Initially, I got that vibe too but then I saw an interview where he was talking about how medicine was his first love ... which I still had no issue with. Then I saw a snippet on a rap song that he did. In that song, he was talking/rapping about what he loves about the NFL ... money. It just put a bad taste in my mouth and I just can't seem to shake it. Now, when I watch him speak, I can't help but feel that he is just saying whatever teams want to hear to get his payday.

If it's money he wants then I'd suggest football over medicine. Speaking from experience.

I'm trying not to get into the mindset of "not wanting" a particular guy but I guess if I had to choose it would be Dez Bryant. I know he's not a #7 but he seems like one hell of a headache for a guy who'll see less than 10 touches a game.

The only things I am against is QB at 7, because I don't think any of them are worth that pick. And Dez Bryant.

As far as Rolle goes he could be the steal of the draft ... especially for a team like us who needs defensive backs badly. Personally I would love to see us trade out of 7 if Berry is gone and move somewhere between 12-15 and pick up an extra pick or 2 and score Haden in the first and Myron Rolle with a possible mid to late third or fourth that we pick up.

Dude, this guy wants to devote his life to helping people that nobody else wants to help so if he gets a huge payday, so what? Would you rather see Jamarcus Russel or Ben RapenChicks get 100 million or a guy like Rolle get 4 million? Plus, this guy will never be without a handsome salary so I doubt it's about money. The kid loves football, he just happens to have bigger plans in life. Remember Jim Brown? Barry Sanders? Steve Smith? they all wanted out early so they can do other things. Eric Dickerson admits that he didn't like football he just did it because it was was easy. I doubt you will hear any of their teams complain about every drafting them? What about Dieon Sanders and Bo Jackson? They each would miss half of their football games and nobody there is complaining.

The point is, Myron having a bigger vision doesn't bother me at all. He is one of the guys I am really hoping we can get with one of our late 3rd rounders or early 4th rounders. The kid can play. If he gives some team 5 years than it's worth the pick. It's not like he's going to quit before training camp.

You know, I really do want to feel better about this guy. After all, it truly is a great/heartwarming story. I just can't shake the bad feeling I get. Every year, there seems to be one player that just gives me bad vibes and so far I've been right on every one ... but maybe this year will be different. Can't be right all the time ... can I? :)

I think for this I will borrow and paraphrase something I hear each morning in a blurb on our local morning sports talk show:

"I think if we draft [Jimmy Clausen] I'm going to throw up in my mouth a little bit".

(the original had a name of another ND QB)

Bradford! Yes I said it!!! He has proven injury problems and we would have to give up too many picks. The Patriots continue to be good because they find ways to end up with 9, 10, 11 draft picks almost every year. That give a team more chaces to hit on a higher number of young talent. Right now we need that more than a QB that might end up like Tim Couch.

Amen!

Archived