THE BROWNS BOARD

The Colt

Earl34

I haven't always been good about hiding my homer-ism on this board but I try. When it comes to Texas football, I'm as harsh a critic as anyone. I tend to undervalue my guys. I don't know. Perhaps I'm too harsh. As a perspective, the best I've ever felt about a UT player was Ricky Williams.

I have never liked a Longhorn QB for the NFL (not Simms, not Vinsanity) but I am here to tell you that I love The Colt. I feel like I am obligated to give my view on him.

McCoy was a scrawny afterthought of a redshirt freshman from Nowhere, Texas who was on the sidelines when Vince Young won in 2006. Coming into the following season, the thought was that that highly recruited Jevan Snead would be the starter. He lost out to The Colt and the rest is history. Snead transferred to Ole Miss and McCoy started 52 straight games winning 45.

That doesn't mean squat now.

The Colt isn't ready for the NFL.

I will tell you though that Colt McCoy had doubters at every level. If he can deal with the pressure of playing QB at UT then he can handle just about any outside pressure. He's proven them wrong every time. He's a tireless worker. He's a humble guy. He's an intelligent guy. He's rallied his team even when he wasn't putting up his best numbers. Watch the fourth quarter of the Texas Tech game that Crabtree won. He brought them back to take the lead with under two minutes. He rallied the team in the Big XII Championship and hit the pass to Shipley to get into FG range.

The examples of his leadership and mental toughness abound. His enthusiasm is frigging contagious.

There are certainly questions....but he didn't cost you much....certainly less than Brady Quinn cost you. No pressure either way.

Just my thoughts. Congratulations Cleveland. Solid pick. Good luck.

mccoyscrambledzjpg-de1e5d8fc52021e0_custom_155xauto.jpg

Photo added for Social network ad

As much as I hate to say it (as an A&M alum) I have witnessed first hand his potential to be a good nfl qb. It will take time, but I hope he gets that time to learn. Cleveland is not a place that normally allows for that, but if they do it all may work out this time.

Now I know everyone thinks bq brought out a lot of queers, fags, gays, etc. But this Tebow coverage is becoming disgusting! Hello media....Bradford was the #1 why is Tebow on every 5 minutes. He has gotten 10x the coverage than anyone else and he is the least talented of all qbs dafted. The manlove for this guy is unreal. He hasn't been in the league 1 full day and I'm already tired of him.

Congratulations to the Cleveland Browns for drafting an incredibly stand-up guy... As a Texas Longhorns fan, I've had the pleasure of watching Colt play for the past 4 years; two of which were from our home in Columbus, OH... We moved back to Austin in 2008..

For the Professor... you are most definately confusing McCoy with Clausen... In every one of the interviews I've seen, McCoy is humble, down-to-earth and a class act..

I'm sure I'm not the first, and I won't be the last Longhorn fan to be newly registered on this board... That's how much we appreciate Colt's contribution to the game.

Hook 'em, and Go Browns!

mG

PS: While my first allegiance is to the Cowboys, I hold the Browns a close second...

Congratulations to the Cleveland Browns for drafting an incredibly stand-up guy... As a Texas Longhorns fan, I've had the pleasure of watching Colt play for the past 4 years; two of which were from our home in Columbus, OH... We moved back to Austin in 2008..

For the Professor... you are most definately confusing McCoy with Clausen... In every one of the interviews I've seen, McCoy is humble, down-to-earth and a class act..

I'm sure I'm not the first, and I won't be the last Longhorn fan to be newly registered on this board... That's how much we appreciate Colt's contribution to the game.

Hook 'em, and Go Browns!

mG

PS: While my first allegiance is to the Cowboys, I hold the Browns a close second...

Oh no, Lumbergh with a Cowboy hat?

Colt McCoy is the real deal and we got him on the cheap i agree he is a bit of a project but so is bradford as the rams are going to find out and he isnt nearly as massive of a project as tebow is going to be for denver...colt puts the icing on an otherwise successful but drab draft cake...way to go brownies!

Now that the hysteria in my house has died down and the phone has stopped ringing....

Michael....welcome. The more I think about it the more I think (and you may agree) that one of the best things about this kid is that I've NEVER seen him give up in a game. Even when he was sidelined at the BCS Championship he was in peoples' faces screaming at 'em and going over stuff with Garrett. He'll do what it takes for his team to win.

I agree about the keys here being that the Browns got a great kid with a value pick and that he has time to develop. Bradford is gonna get killed.

There is no QB controversy here. It moved to Denver where the QuinnBots can duke it out with the TebowFreaks.

Now that the hysteria in my house has died down and the phone has stopped ringing....

Michael....welcome. The more I think about it the more I think (and you may agree) that one of the best things about this kid is that I've NEVER seen him give up in a game. Even when he was sidelined at the BCS Championship he was in peoples' faces screaming at 'em and going over stuff with Garrett. He'll do what it takes for his team to win.

I agree about the keys here being that the Browns got a great kid with a value pick and that he has time to develop. Bradford is gonna get killed.

There is no QB controversy here. It moved to Denver where the QuinnBots can duke it out with the TebowFreaks.

GOOD pick... I really like McCoy. Not sure I will "Like" the long term results , if he start whipping my boys. Good Job getting him. A couple other picks look iffy but Maybe Holmgren has serious inside scoop. You guys are on track...

I just hope Delhomme does well so fans arent crying for Colt a quarter threw the season. I dont want another QB controversy, let the coaches do there job and decide who should play and who shouldnt and cheer for whoever they put on the field.

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE this pick! I agree with you 100 percent and I think the coaches will let him sit and learn for a year or two like the Eagles did with Kolb. Holmgren said as much last night. I thought they were going to get him in the second when they traded up, but I was extatic when we landed him in the third. He is a class act, a smart kid, and a good football player. He reminds me a lot of Brees. If the coaches handle this right (and I think they will this time) I think Colt has the potential to be the best QB from this draft. Go Browns!!!!

Archived