THE BROWNS BOARD

to my Steeler brethren

sisky fringo

i hate to say it but in 2010, the Steelers may be our best ally. it's clear who looks to be on the up and who's been playing consistent ball in the AFCN, and let's be honest--it ain't either of us.

the Brownies showed some promise in their last 4 games and if they can keep that streak consistent there's a lot of potential, but our team is still really young. the Steel's talent has been aging and the good drafts of the past decade seem to be dwindling instead of injecting much new talent.

because of this, CINCY and BALT are in my 2010 crosshairs and my rival Steeler pals irl feel the same. aside from when we play each other, we have agreed to put our differences aside in favor of pushing the other two AFCN opponents to the bottom of the division.

a temporary kinship if you will, with the goal of restoring the divisional balance to where it should be: as the greatest rivalry in the NFL consummated yearly by meeting each other in the playoffs.

the pitts fans on this board can expect the same from me here, unless shown otherwise.

if you can put our hatred on pause and instead take pride in the destruction of everything tiger and black bird, i raise my glass to you!

of course there's nothing tangible about this and you can definitely call me superstitious, but focusing our hatred together in the direction of the other two teams will hopefully bring the results faster than the standard "every man for himself" approach.

so good luck in 2010 to the Pittsburgh Steelers Browns Board fan faction! i hope you enjoy the season, but also know that i'm secretly still rooting for my Browns to beat the Rats and Stripes worse than you can.

cheers!

i hate to say it but in 2010, the Steelers may be our best ally. it's clear who looks to be on the up and who's been playing consistent ball in the AFCN, and let's be honest--it ain't either of us.

the Brownies showed some promise in their last 4 games and if they can keep that streak consistent there's a lot of potential, but our team is still really young. the Steel's talent has been aging and the good drafts of the past decade seem to be dwindling instead of injecting much new talent.

because of this, CINCY and BALT are in my 2010 crosshairs and my rival Steeler pals irl feel the same. aside from when we play each other, we have agreed to put our differences aside in favor of pushing the other two AFCN opponents to the bottom of the division.

a temporary kinship if you will, with the goal of restoring the divisional balance to where it should be: as the greatest rivalry in the NFL consummated yearly by meeting each other in the playoffs.

the pitts fans on this board can expect the same from me here, unless shown otherwise.

if you can put our hatred on pause and instead take pride in the destruction of everything tiger and black bird, i raise my glass to you!

of course there's nothing tangible about this and you can definitely call me superstitious, but focusing our hatred together in the direction of the other two teams will hopefully bring the results faster than the standard "every man for himself" approach.

so good luck in 2010 to the Pittsburgh Steelers Browns Board fan faction! i hope you enjoy the season, but also know that i'm secretly still rooting for my Browns to beat the Rats and Stripes worse than you can.

cheers!

I've never been here to start sh.it and I'm all for being civil. However I'm not worried about the Ratbirds or the Bengals. We still finished 9-7 and that was without a slew of key pieces. We just had a pretty solid draft as well. Getting Dwyer when we did in the 6th and Worilds is a freakish edge rusher. Either way I'm here to play nice 95% of the time but I also expect to contend for the division this year even with Big Ben down for 4 games.

I've never been here to start sh.it and I'm all for being civil. However I'm not worried about the Ratbirds or the Bengals. We still finished 9-7 and that was without a slew of key pieces. We just had a pretty solid draft as well. Getting Dwyer when we did in the 6th and Worilds is a freakish edge rusher. Either way I'm here to play nice 95% of the time but I also expect to contend for the division this year even with Big Ben down for 4 games.
i thought it was 6 Ben will be out?

don't take this the wrong way ron, but a bunch of no-name Browns made your team look like a bunch of girls the last time we played. that is not smack, that is just what i genuinely saw. my Steeler coworkers and peers saw it too. it'll probably just take a couple of repulsive games to realign your perception and bring you around though.

as for being civil, it's different than that. i'm borderline asking you to root for us when we are playing CIN and BAL. B)

it's the only way the planets will align in time for 2011. and hey, if it feels right i'd even suggest going out and grabbing a Cribbs jersey or two and looking up the local Backer's bar in your area.

disclaimer: i don't speak for anyone on this board.

I'd love it if someone could explain why the message board is messed up for me. The original post always shows and then each post after the original is listed below but only with the posters name. I actually have to click post to read it. If I use the PC upstairs it's fine.

PITTSBURGH GOT DWYER!!!!!????? IN THE 6th!!!!!???? BASTARDS!!!

Yea way late and he's a tank. I'm really happy with the draft. I also think Worilds could be the steal of the draft in the second round. He's a ridiculous edge rusher.

I'd love it if someone could explain why the message board is messed up for me. The original post always shows and then each post after the original is listed below but only with the posters name. I actually have to click post to read it. If I use the PC upstairs it's fine.
are you using firefox on either/both?

weird shit started happening to me a few months ago too. only this site, only in firefox.

Your replies aren't showing for me dude. I don't know why. Both times you quoted me it's just blank.

EDIT: Nevermind it's showing now and yea I'm using firefox but I also use Firefox on my desktop and it works fine. I'll try internet explorer.

Yea way late and he's a tank. I'm really happy with the draft. I also think Worilds could be the steal of the draft in the second round. He's a ridiculous edge rusher.
still remains to be seen if it translates. are you guys set with just Mendenhall?

i thought it was 6 Ben will be out?

don't take this the wrong way ron, but a bunch of no-name Browns made your team look like a bunch of girls the last time we played. that is not smack, that is just what i genuinely saw. my Steeler coworkers and peers saw it too. it'll probably just take a couple of repulsive games to realign your perception and bring you around though.

as for being civil, it's different than that. i'm borderline asking you to root for us when we are playing CIN and BAL. B)

it's the only way the planets will align in time for 2011. and hey, if it feels right i'd even suggest going out and grabbing a Cribbs jersey or two and looking up the local Backer's bar in your area.

disclaimer: i don't speak for anyone on this board.

It is 6 for Ben but it's a conditional suspension. If he goes through this counseling program which he has accepted it will be knocked down to 4 games. As far as that game was concerned it was a complete mess but we lost a lot of games last season that we shouldn't have lost. I'll say this, to think that last season is a sign of things to come from the Steelers you will be sorely mistaken. Our offensive line will be substantially better this year with just the addition of Pouncey and a competent line coach. A healthy Troy and Aaron Smith last year would have given us at least two additional wins and a playoff run. I'm not worried about Pittsburgh and even last year people in Pittsburgh were rooting for the Browns when playing the Bungles or the Ratbirds.

still remains to be seen if it translates. are you guys set with just Mendenhall?

We still have Moore and just drafted Jonathan Dwyer in the 6th. Youtube the man. Yes Mendenhall is a beast.

Your replies aren't showing for me dude. I don't know why. Both times you quoted me it's just blank.

EDIT: Nevermind it's showing now and yea I'm using firefox but I also use Firefox on my desktop and it works fine. I'll try internet explorer.

speaking of internet explorer, i like the Avant browser on the IE platform--you can customize it like a mofo. if it weren't for that browser i'd never even consider it. jmo. (i hate IE)

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Nothing more than that.
reprioritizing enemies as well

Well, now our future will have Dwyer running all over us.
not if T.J Ward, Asante, and our deep stable of LBs have anything to say about it.

reprioritizing enemies as well

I'm happy a select few have finally agreed to be civil but once again acting like Cincy and Baltimore are bigger threats than Pittsburgh is a mistake. The only reason we weren't deep in the playoffs was injuries, specifically on the defensive side of the ball. It's not like the team recently experience some sort of freak talent decline.

well, the starters are all a year older and in your team's case that's significant.

all i can say is if (when) we're in the playoffs in 2011-2012 (next year) i hope you're beside us--cause we're on our way...just not there yet.

well, the starters are all a year older and in your team's case that's significant.

all i can say is if (when) we're in the playoffs in 2011-2012 (next year) i hope you're beside us--cause we're on our way...just not there yet.

Some of our starters on the d-line etc are certainly older but look at the drafts and realize there are guys behind all those positions being groomed. We just backed up both Woodley and Harrison in this draft with Worilds and Gibson for a more recent example. The Steelers always draft well and aren't going anywhere any time soon. We addressed all of our needs in this draft.

I'm happy a select few have finally agreed to be civil but once again acting like Cincy and Baltimore are bigger threats than Pittsburgh is a mistake. The only reason we weren't deep in the playoffs was injuries, specifically on the defensive side of the ball. It's not like the team recently experience some sort of freak talent decline.

We were #7th last year on offense, #5 on defense with all this injuries. The Bengals finished the season with all of one more win than the Steelers. We used this year to fix our two weak spots among the starting positions, and brought in great depth. We are reloading for next year, not rebuilding for 2015.

Watch him plow Chris Cook (the Vikings took him #34 overall this year) 5 yards back, into the turf. How does a player like this drop out of the 4th?

No idea, he's a monster. If he can work his way in to a rotation this year he an Mendenhall are going to totally abuse defenses. We'll than have the Tank at Full Back and Moore spelling occasionally. The Steelers have done really well over the last 3 days. Totally happy with how things have come down.

No idea, he's a monster. If he can work his way in to a rotation this year he an Mendenhall are going to totally abuse defenses. We'll than have the Tank at Full Back and Moore spelling occasionally. The Steelers have done really well over the last 3 days. Totally happy with how things have come down.

Screw the Steelers. Go to your own chat rooms losers. Who gives a xxxx about your draft. Get a frigging life.

Screw the Steelers. Go to your own chat rooms losers. Who gives a xxxx about your draft. Get a frigging life.

I'm in both thanks and kept my mouth shut most of the draft. Sisky started the thread FYI, oh and you care about our draft. If you don't you should because I know I care about the drafts of my division rivals. Hence the reason I'm on the board currently. It is a pretty amazing thing you know, the modern day internet browser. You can OPEN TABS and bounce between 2,6,8 etc tabs and view various sites with a simple mouse click. Crazy right?

And Sisky is one of the few on this site that can appreciate feedback from outside fan bases. He's not alone. You may want to follow suit.

Archived