THE BROWNS BOARD

I Love This New Direction

I love the new direction this team is going in: Smash mouth football! To me, it's the only way to play. Look at the greatest defenses of all time: 70s Steelers, 86 Bears, 2000s Ravens, what do they all have in common? They all beat the living crap out of offenses. Nobody wanted to play these guys and they each have some of the hitters of all time. This is where I want Cleveland to be. I want to be a team that people don't want to play because they are full of hitters. With new additions like Haden, Ward, Hillis, and Hardesty, there is no doubt in my mind that we are heading towards a smash mouth defense and grind it out offense. I am absolutely pumped for this season and beyond. Who's with me?

I love the new direction this team is going in: Smash mouth football! To me, it's the only way to play. Look at the greatest defenses of all time: 70s Steelers, 86 Bears, 2000s Ravens, what do they all have in common? They all beat the living crap out of offenses. Nobody wanted to play these guys and they each have some of the hitters of all time. This is where I want Cleveland to be. I want to be a team that people don't want to play because they are full of hitters. With new additions like Haden, Ward, Hillis, and Hardesty, there is no doubt in my mind that we are heading towards a smash mouth defense and grind it out offense. I am absolutely pumped for this season and beyond. Who's with me?

good post Fan for Life... I have been so sick of all the tackles we've left on the field since.... since... since....

I remember watching the Buffalo game on Monday night two years ago and was sickened the way we just RAN AWAY from contact.

Cannot wait to see T.J. Ward take off Hines Ward's head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love all the Tatum analogies.

With all due apologies to Daryl Stingley, just once I want to see our guys leaving the bodies strewn all over the field.

good post Fan for Life... I have been so sick of all the tackles we've left on the field since.... since... since....

I remember watching the Buffalo game on Monday night two years ago and was sickened the way we just RAN AWAY from contact.

Cannot wait to see T.J. Ward take off Hines Ward's head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love all the Tatum analogies.

With all due apologies to Daryl Stingley, just once I want to see our guys leaving the bodies strewn all over the field.

I can't remember which game it was, but one of the Brown's last 4 games (victories), I think it was Pittsburg but not sure, I remember saying to myself, I can't remember the last time I saw a Browns game in which on almost every play it seemed the field was covered with opponent's bodies that were injured on the play and could not get up. So your wish may have already come true. Let's hope it's here to stay and further develop.

Does anyone remember which game it was? The second half seemed to take forever with injuries on almost every play.

A smash mouth D starts with the line and this current line is old or in trouble with the law and not one to get excited about.

Coleman, Smith and Rogers have been in the league, 9 years, 10 years and 11 years. Wow! Mosely and Rubin are really going to have to step up.

The Browns need to get younger and more talented there. This position was not addressed at all which also surprised me.

Let's take anotther RB instead!

Hate to rain on your parade...But it's the truth.

Guest Metcalf_FTW
A smash mouth D starts with the line and this current line is old or in trouble with the law and not one to get excited about.

Coleman, Smith and Rogers have been in the league, 9 years, 10 years and 11 years. Wow! Mosely and Rubin are really going to have to step up.

The Browns need to get younger and more talented there. This position was not addressed at all which also surprised me.

VERY TRUE. The Ravens have a standout nose tackle, and what do they do? They draft a 350 lb. nose tackle on Day 2 -- one that just won a national championship.

Secondary was the biggest need though. We will be fine for another season with what we have, but we really need Rodgers out there. I hope his suspension is not long.

I can't remember which game it was, but one of the Brown's last 4 games (victories), I think it was Pittsburg but not sure, I remember saying to myself, I can't remember the last time I saw a Browns game in which on almost every play it seemed the field was covered with opponent's bodies that were injured on the play and could not get up. So your wish may have already come true. Let's hope it's here to stay and further develop.

Does anyone remember which game it was? The second half seemed to take forever with injuries on almost every play.

that was the game against the raiders. not only did the browns beat the living crap out of them, but 2 of their frustrated players were ejected out of the game. frye was getting slammed to the turf mercilessly.

I hate to rain as well, but I absolutely agree. I was surprised that we did not take a D-guard or Nose Tackle. I worry that our D front 7 are not as strong as they need to be. Time will tell I guess. And I would not be surprised if we concentrate on this in the 2011 draft.

that was the game against the raiders. not only did the browns beat the living crap out of them, but 2 of their frustrated players were ejected out of the game. frye was getting slammed to the turf mercilessly.

Right! Now I remember. That was a good game. I want to see that effort every game.

Archived