THE BROWNS BOARD

Predict the 2010 Season Record

TheClevelandSound

Alright now that the draft is done and free agency is just about over, its time for the annual prediction thread. Everyone fill one out! give comments if you wish on yours.

1 Sun. Sep. 12 at Buccaneers 1:00 PM- WIN (Tampa is still working out the kinks under the new regime)

2 Sun. Sep. 19 vs. Chiefs 1:00 PM- WIN (The running game proves once again too much for the Chiefs)

3 Sun. Sep. 26 at Ravens 1:00 PM- LOSS (Ravens defense and new WR core too much for Browns)

4 Sun. Oct. 03 vs. Bengals 1:00 PM- LOSS (Newly aquired talent mixed with the momentum of last year gets win for Bengals)

5 Sun. Oct. 10 vs. Falcons 1:00 PM- WIN (The Browns have an amazing win % over the Falcons in history and thats not stopping here)

6 Sun. Oct. 17 at Steelers 1:00 PM- WIN (Steelers without Big Ben in major slump)

7 Sun. Oct. 24 at Saints 1:00 PM- LOSS (Drew Brees proves to be too much against rebuilding Browns)

8 BYE

9 Sun. Nov. 07 vs. Patriots 1:00 PM- LOSS (Randy Moss puts up excellent numbers as Browns lose in a rout)

10 Sun. Nov. 14 vs. Jets 1:00 PM- WIN (Eric Mangini gets redemption against the team who fired him)

11 Sun. Nov. 21 at Jaguars 1:00 PM- WIN (The Jaguars lose in what looks like to be their last season in Jacksonville)

12 Sun. Nov. 28 vs. Panthers 1:00 PM- LOSS (Jake Delhomme is outmatched by Jimmy Clausen)

13 Sun. Dec. 05 at Dolphins 1:00 PM- LOSS (Brandon Marshall burns Cleveland Browns secondary)

14 Sun. Dec. 12 at Bills 1:00 PM- WIN (Once again, the Browns win a thriller against the Bills)

15 Sun. Dec. 19 at Bengals 1:00 PM- WIN (The Browns learn from their mistakes to beat Bengals in key victory)

16 Sun. Dec. 26 vs. Ravens 1:00 PM- LOSS (The Ravens are the elite team of the AFC North and are on a playoff push)

17 Sun. Jan. 02 vs. Steelers 1:00 PM- LOSS (The Steelers look to end a disappointing season well with Big Ben back)

AFC NORTH STANDINGS:

1. Baltimore Ravens (12-4)

2. Cincinnati Bengals (9-7)

3. Cleveland Browns (8-8)

4. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-10)

Not a disappointing season. Maybe add a win somewhere and we would be pushing for wild card.

Your turn!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright now that the draft is done and free agency is just about over, its time for the annual prediction thread. Everyone fill one out! give comments if you wish on yours.

1 Sun. Sep. 12 at Buccaneers 1:00 PM- WIN (Tampa is still working out the kinks under the new regime)

2 Sun. Sep. 19 vs. Chiefs 1:00 PM- WIN (The running game proves once again too much for the Chiefs)

3 Sun. Sep. 26 at Ravens 1:00 PM- LOSS (Ravens defense and new WR core too much for Browns)

4 Sun. Oct. 03 vs. Bengals 1:00 PM- LOSS (Newly aquired talent mixed with the momentum of last year gets win for Bengals)

5 Sun. Oct. 10 vs. Falcons 1:00 PM- WIN (The Browns have an amazing win % over the Falcons in history and thats not stopping here)

6 Sun. Oct. 17 at Steelers 1:00 PM- WIN (Steelers without Big Ben in major slump)

7 Sun. Oct. 24 at Saints 1:00 PM- LOSS (Drew Brees proves to be too much against rebuilding Browns)

8 BYE

9 Sun. Nov. 07 vs. Patriots 1:00 PM- LOSS (Randy Moss puts up excellent numbers as Browns lose in a rout)

10 Sun. Nov. 14 vs. Jets 1:00 PM- WIN (Eric Mangini gets redemption against the team who fired him)

11 Sun. Nov. 21 at Jaguars 1:00 PM- WIN (The Jaguars lose in what looks like to be their last season in Jacksonville)

12 Sun. Nov. 28 vs. Panthers 1:00 PM- LOSS (Jake Delhomme is outmatched by Jimmy Clausen)

13 Sun. Dec. 05 at Dolphins 1:00 PM- LOSS (Brandon Marshall burns Cleveland Browns secondary)

14 Sun. Dec. 12 at Bills 1:00 PM- WIN (Once again, the Browns win a thriller against the Bills)

15 Sun. Dec. 19 at Bengals 1:00 PM- WIN (The Browns learn from their mistakes to beat Bengals in key victory)

16 Sun. Dec. 26 vs. Ravens 1:00 PM- LOSS (The Ravens are the elite team of the AFC North and are on a playoff push)

17 Sun. Jan. 02 vs. Steelers 1:00 PM- LOSS (The Steelers look to end a disappointing season well with Big Ben back)

AFC NORTH STANDINGS:

1. Baltimore Ravens (12-4)

2. Cincinnati Bengals (9-7)

3. Cleveland Browns (8-8)

4. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-10)

Not a disappointing season. Maybe add a win somewhere and we would be pushing for wild card.

Your turn!

Why do people continue to assume Big Ben is going to serve the full 6 game suspension. I'm sure at this point most of you are savvy to the fact that it's a CONDITIONAL SUSPENSION. Meaning if he goes through counseling and plays nice between now and the end of his 4 game suspension He'll be back after the 4th game, which means he'll play the Browns if he's ready to step back in behind center. Oh and lol @ the 6-10 record.

1 Sun. Sep. 12 at Buccaneers 1:00 PM- W

2 Sun. Sep. 19 vs. Chiefs 1:00 PM- W

3 Sun. Sep. 26 at Ravens 1:00 PM- L

4 Sun. Oct. 03 vs. Bengals 1:00 PM- L

5 Sun. Oct. 10 vs. Falcons 1:00 PM- W

6 Sun. Oct. 17 at Steelers 1:00 PM- L

7 Sun. Oct. 24 at Saints 1:00 PM- L

8 BYE

9 Sun. Nov. 07 vs. Patriots 1:00 PM- L

10 Sun. Nov. 14 vs. Jets 1:00 PM- W

11 Sun. Nov. 21 at Jaguars 1:00 PM- L

12 Sun. Nov. 28 vs. Panthers 1:00 PM- W

13 Sun. Dec. 05 at Dolphins 1:00 PM- L

14 Sun. Dec. 12 at Bills 1:00 PM- W

15 Sun. Dec. 19 at Bengals 1:00 PM- L

16 Sun. Dec. 26 vs. Ravens 1:00 PM- L

17 Sun. Jan. 02 vs. Steelers 1:00 PM-W

AFC NORTH STANDINGS:

1. Baltimore Ravens (11-5)

2. Cincinnati Bengals (8-8)

3. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8)

4. Cleveland Browns (7-9)

5-3 at home. 7-9 on the year. No winning or losing streaks longer than 3.

Pass Offense - 29th

Run Offense - 7th

Pass Defense - 15th

Run Defense - 15th

My expectation for the browns is 6-10 because theres still a lot of loose ends and a lot of melding and molding to be done however teams wont be so overjoyed to play this club anymore and every game should be a good one effort and development wise...

My expectation for the browns is 6-10 because theres still a lot of loose ends and a lot of melding and molding to be done however teams wont be so overjoyed to play this club anymore and every game should be a good one effort and development wise...

that would be very disappointing.

I think 7-9 or 8-8. Stick with the formula of tough defense and running the ball. We should at least split the series with Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. Games like Atlanta, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Miami, and Carolina are very winnable for us if Rob Ryan has us going like last year on defense and the running game keeps rolling behind Harrison, Hardesty, Hillis, and Cribbs.

The Browns WILL have a winning record. At least 9-7. 10-6 if they get out of the gate early. (I say this every year, but maybe this year,

it isn't so far fetched.... @@)

1 Sun. Sep. 12 at Buccaneers 1:00 PM- WIN

2 Sun. Sep. 19 vs. Chiefs 1:00 PM- WIN

3 Sun. Sep. 26 at Ravens 1:00 PM- LOSS

4 Sun. Oct. 03 vs. Bengals 1:00 PM- WIN

5 Sun. Oct. 10 vs. Falcons 1:00 PM- LOSS

6 Sun. Oct. 17 at Steelers 1:00 PM- LOSS

7 Sun. Oct. 24 at Saints 1:00 PM- LOSS

8 BYE

9 Sun. Nov. 07 vs. Patriots 1:00 PM- WIN

10 Sun. Nov. 14 vs. Jets 1:00 PM- LOSS

11 Sun. Nov. 21 at Jaguars 1:00 PM- LOSS

12 Sun. Nov. 28 vs. Panthers 1:00 PM- WIN

13 Sun. Dec. 05 at Dolphins 1:00 PM- LOSS

14 Sun. Dec. 12 at Bills 1:00 PM- WIN

15 Sun. Dec. 19 at Bengals 1:00 PM- WIN

16 Sun. Dec. 26 vs. Ravens 1:00 PM- LOSS

17 Sun. Jan. 02 vs. Steelers 1:00 PM- LOSS

6 - 10

As real as it gets.

At the end of last season I made a bet with a Bengals fan who didn't believe that the Browns can turn things around in one season. Twenty dollars that the Browns will finish 7-9 or better. I think the bet is a lock for me. We will be at least 4-3 going into the bye week. I am not worried about this years team. The question for me is can we sneak out a wildcard spot or not. I think we will finish 9-7. I also believe that the Steelers will indeed finish in last place in the division and coach Tomlin will get fired at the end of the season. And I don't even dislike the Steelers like most Browns fans on this board. I just hope we beat them every time we play them.

Here we go Brownies, Here we go!!!

@TB - Win

VS KC - Win

@ BAL - Lose

VS CIN - Win

VS ATL - Lose

@ PIT - Win

@ NO - Lose

VS NE - Lose

VS NYJ - Lose

@ JAC - Win

VS CAR - Win

@ MIA - Lose

@ BUF - Win

@ CIN - Lose

VS BAL - Win

VS PIT - Lose

8-8.

The NO, NE, NYJ is a brutal stretch. Some of those games could go either way (MIA, ATL, CAR) and we could potentially get swept by Baltimore but in turn sweep Cinci or Pitt. There's a lot that can go right for this team early on because there won't be any film on this team for a few weeks. If Delhomme plays decent and we play good defense, there's no reason that record can't sit at 8-8 or 9-7. 10-6 is a stretch but not impossible. 7-9 is also an improvement over last year. We shall see.

I think as of right now 7-9 is going to be about right, with 8-8 or 9-7 not out of the question. I'm not as sold on the Ravens as a lot of people are. They did have a good draft and have play makers now, but I want to see that team play together for a while. As was stated, that NO NE and Jets stretch is brutal. If we could eek out the Jets that'd be a successful three game stretch. Mark my words, the Jets are another team not as good as they look on paper. There's too many strong personalities on that team now and IMO they will not mesh together. We shall see though.

Cowher and the Steelers proved you can go to the Super Bowl in 3 years from essentially scratch.

8-8 is my prediction, based upon where the team should be in year two and not based upon new additions, moves etc.

here's what i normally expect a team can realistically accomplish under good leadership and management, which we have so there should be no reason why not.

year 1) 4-12

year 2) 7-9

year 3) 10-6 or better

year 4) perennial playoffs!

Browns:

year 1) 5-11

year 2) 8-8 ?

I think as of right now 7-9 is going to be about right, with 8-8 or 9-7 not out of the question. I'm not as sold on the Ravens as a lot of people are. They did have a good draft and have play makers now, but I want to see that team play together for a while. As was stated, that NO NE and Jets stretch is brutal. If we could eek out the Jets that'd be a successful three game stretch. Mark my words, the Jets are another team not as good as they look on paper. There's too many strong personalities on that team now and IMO they will not mesh together. We shall see though.
the history between our teams will make these games interesting to the players and will make them closer games than i would have otherwise expected.

Fujita and Jake bring insight to the NO game, the Mangini/Belicheck connection could make the NE game a barnburner (not to mention EM has a good record against them), and the Jets go without saying with EM's history, 1/4th our team former Jets, BE, and the young Sanchez to torment...

if i were the players i would dread that stretch because of all the preparation necessary that will take place--playing should be the easy part here. i don't count us out of a single one of those three, especially when you have a ton of players known for their heart and digging deep.

and your an idiot.

Actually it's the inverse of that but as per the theme with some around here I'm not surprised you have the Steelers at the bottom of the division. If we're being truthful it's you lacking in the upstairs department seeing as Big Ben's suspension has been listed as CONDITIONAL since it was first announced yet you have him going the full 6 games. Secondly, last year a very Green Dennis Dixon nearly lead the Steelers to a victory against the Ravens. He's going to take majority snaps during the OTA's which will have him primed for the regular season. I'm not saying we'll go 4-0 but I could certainly see 2-2 and Ben will have the bye week leading in to week 6 to work some of the rust off. Add in our defense and the beefed up offensive line and I just don't see how we skate to a 6 win season. You act like Big Ben going down for 4 games is the scourge of the franchise. He's missed a few games here and there several times over a few seasons and it never kept us from winning at least 8 games. Sooo once again if we're being realistic you're just being delusional and a Browns fan. The latter of which is fine. The Steelers will certainly win more than 6 games and I wouldn't be surprised to see them contend for the division. I definitely think they at least get a wild card.

Actually it's the inverse of that but as per the theme with some around here I'm not surprised you have the Steelers at the bottom of the division. If we're being truthful it's you lacking in the upstairs department seeing as Big Ben's suspension has been listed as CONDITIONAL since it was first announced yet you have him going the full 6 games. Secondly, last year a very Green Dennis Dixon nearly lead the Steelers to a victory against the Ravens. He's going to take majority snaps during the OTA's which will have him primed for the regular season. I'm not saying we'll go 4-0 but I could certainly see 2-2 and Ben will have the bye week leading in to week 6 to work some of the rust off. Add in our defense and the beefed up offensive line and I just don't see how we skate to a 6 win season. You act like Big Ben going down for 4 games is the scourge of the franchise. He's missed a few games here and there several times over a few seasons and it never kept us from winning at least 8 games. Sooo once again if we're being realistic you're just being delusional and a Browns fan. The latter of which is fine. The Steelers will certainly win more than 6 games and I wouldn't be surprised to see them contend for the division. I definitely think they at least get a wild card.

What makes you think Big Ben is going to comply with the NFL to make it 4 games? If anything, his history shows he cannot rise to the maturity of following the rules. Hence 6 games is my prediction.

Roethlisberger is a catalyst for the Steelers and will effect their chemistry as a whole.

But hey I could be wrong.

1 Sun. Sep. 12 at Buccaneers 1:00 PM- W

2 Sun. Sep. 19 vs. Chiefs 1:00 PM- W

3 Sun. Sep. 26 at Ravens 1:00 PM- L

4 Sun. Oct. 03 vs. Bengals 1:00 PM- W

5 Sun. Oct. 10 vs. Falcons 1:00 PM- L

6 Sun. Oct. 17 at Steelers 1:00 PM- W

7 Sun. Oct. 24 at Saints 1:00 PM- L

8 BYE

9 Sun. Nov. 07 vs. Patriots 1:00 PM- L

10 Sun. Nov. 14 vs. Jets 1:00 PM- L

11 Sun. Nov. 21 at Jaguars 1:00 PM- W

12 Sun. Nov. 28 vs. Panthers 1:00 PM- W

13 Sun. Dec. 05 at Dolphins 1:00 PM- L

14 Sun. Dec. 12 at Bills 1:00 PM- W

15 Sun. Dec. 19 at Bengals 1:00 PM- L

16 Sun. Dec. 26 vs. Ravens 1:00 PM- L

17 Sun. Jan. 02 vs. Steelers 1:00 PM-W

(Surprised by my own optimistic prediction): 8-8

I, for one, hope Big Ben is back for our Week 6 confrontation - I want our Browns to be the first to pummel him into the turf and make him feel sorry for being a douche bag. Also, Big Ben's big return game will see him out of sync with his offense... contrasted with the success of Leftwich, the Black and Gold will make a QB switch late in the season.

I will be more than surprised if these predictions come true... more hopeful...

Cowher and the Steelers proved you can go to the Super Bowl in 3 years from essentially scratch.

8-8 is my prediction, based upon where the team should be in year two and not based upon new additions, moves etc.

here's what i normally expect a team can realistically accomplish under good leadership and management, which we have so there should be no reason why not.

year 1) 4-12

year 2) 7-9

year 3) 10-6 or better

year 4) perennial playoffs!

Browns:

year 1) 5-11

year 2) 8-8 ?

Bill Belichick proved you can go from 5-11 to Super Bowl champs in one year. Dick Vermeil proved you can go from 4-12 to SB Champs in one year.

Will the Browns go from 5-11 to Super Bowl champs in one year?

No.

But it can, and has been done.

I agree, I don't see the Steelers winning only 6 games. More like 8. (and by the way, 8-8 can even be a division/wild card contending record. Look at last year at the end of the season. 3-4 teams that were only a game or so away from .500 were still in it till the end., including the 9-7 Steelers. Which means that even an 8-8 Browns could possibly contend for a wild card)

I think we all know it's a bit early for predictions- but when the schedule came out last week I had us at 9-6-1....by the time I finished about 5 22oz drafts, they were 13-2-1 :)

Seriously though, the Browns need to protect CBS, winning at least 6 home games & make it an exciting place to play for the fans....playoffs this year is probably asking too much.

Archived