THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt McCoy will wear #18

TheClevelandSound

Steptoe is still a brown. He has not officialy been released yet. Still shows up on the current roster on the browns website and is listed as a brown on nfl web site. His situation is somewhat similar to what we dealt with with Bentley and Stallworth where we know they will be gone it just hasnt officially happened due to some technical things. Mccoy is probably waiting for mr. steptoe to officially be shown the door before he gets his college number if he so chooses. Though he did wear number 4 in high school. I dont know i dont put much stock into wiki when they post stuff early like this. Have seen them been wrong on things like this many times. Its not listed anywhere else and is more of a rumor. Should be official when rookies report on wednesday. Im not big or dont usually care what number a guy chooses. But ive always hated the number 18 on a QB. Plus we dont need anymore reminders of the failure number 18 Mr. Stallworth was for us. Based on that alone no brown should wear that number for quite a while.

Steptoe is still a brown. He has not officialy been released yet. Still shows up on the current roster on the browns website and is listed as a brown on nfl web site. His situation is somewhat similar to what we dealt with with Bentley and Stallworth where we know they will be gone it just hasnt officially happened due to some technical things. Mccoy is probably waiting for mr. steptoe to officially be shown the door before he gets his college number if he so chooses. Though he did wear number 4 in high school. I dont know i dont put much stock into wiki when they post stuff early like this. Have seen them been wrong on things like this many times. Its not listed anywhere else and is more of a rumor. Should be official when rookies report on wednesday. Im not big or dont usually care what number a guy chooses. But ive always hated the number 18 on a QB. Plus we dont need anymore reminders of the failure number 18 Mr. Stallworth was for us. Based on that alone no brown should wear that number for quite a while.

So don't buy a McCoy jersey just yet?

Steptoe is no longer on the team!

He was as of last week. When did they let him go?

In fact, as or right now, his name is still there.

91 Schaefering, Brian DL 6-4 295 26 1 Lindenwood

98 Smith, Robaire DL 6-5 310 32 10 Michigan State

27 Sorensen, Nick DB 6-3 210 31 9 Virginia Tech

78 St. Clair, John OL 6-6 320 32 10 Virginia

65 Steinbach, Eric OL 6-6 295 30 7 Iowa

12 Steptoe, Syndric WR 5-9 200 25 2 Arizona

88 Stuckey, Chansi WR 6-0 196 26 3 Clemson

73 Thomas, Joe OL 6-6 312 25 3 Wisconsin

I thought Steptoe made such a historical impact that they retired his number? Chickenweiner

This was a good thread until you posted. @@

Archived