THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Haden talking already i love it

HaydenFox

Joe Haden was giving an interview to espn recently and said some things that i loved to hear. Sounded a little cocky but at the same time sincere. I like My Db's to be like this. Some interesting statements were that he said he would be the best cover corner in the league. He said with respect to Revis whom he watches film on all the time and envisions himself modeling his game after he see's himself being just like him in many aspects. He said the differences between him and Revis is that his game is much more physical and is in your face. Basically he said that he likes to get right into them the minute they walk on the field when the game starts. That he likes to get really physical with recievers and that he likes to have a little fun and constantly talk with them and get in their head where as revis is more of the quiet type.

I dont know about you but this got me a little excited hearing him talk. We could use a little attitude and cockiness on our D. He seems to have a lot of swagger and a lot of class to go along with it. I Love it!

More physical than Revis? I'm not sure how you can do that but I love to hear it!

This is a damn good football player and I am pumped! He should get #31.

I question that as well, are you sure he said that he is more physical, or was he saying that he's not as physical as Revis because I thought I heard him being envious of Revis' physical play.

Great to hear about all accounts (physical play, and 'Dawg-like' chatter)

I question that as well, are you sure he said that he is more physical, or was he saying that he's not as physical as Revis because I thought I heard him being envious of Revis' physical play.

Great to hear about all accounts (physical play, and 'Dawg-like' chatter)

Ya that is what was said. I think that what he was talking about though more specifically was up around the line of scrimmage helping against the run and being more physical than him in that department.

It isn't going to be fun anymore for offenses to throw the ball against the Browns.No more laughing as the wr's walk back to the huddle.

The DAWGS are back in the secondary !!!!!!!!!

(why did we have to wait so dang long ?)

I'm glad we're set at corner for a while with Haden and Wright. Getting two shutdown types at cornerback make it easier to blitz a bunch of people and get to the QB even if you don't have elite pass rushers in your front seven.

Living in Tampa, I get to hear all the crap coming out of Gators fans, but they all told me we just got the best d-player on there team....For what its worth thats what they say

I agree with them.....Joe is a player who without injury should have a career that is going to have him fairly elevated with the best ever.

Joe is to corner what our other Joe is to LT.

There is no doubt in my mind that the browns defense just got tougher and more aggressive with haden and ward onboard...i will be watching for brown to unseat wright at least in some situations if not completely...eric wright is a decent CB but far from a shutdown corner he lacks aggression or even attention toward the ball and often his target imho...the guy often doesnt even look for the ball or take a swipe at it as the WR is bringing it in..

With that said eric hasnt had much help from elam/poteat or adams/poole out there and it could be interesting to see how asante/ward could contribute to wright becoming a better CB...

With that said eric hasnt had much help from elam/poteat or adams/poole out there and it could be interesting to see how asante/ward could contribute to wright becoming a better CB... Gips

This is an excellent point. How much is the safety play the fault, and not so much Wrights?

I believe Ward/Haden/Asante will set the tone, and Wright will be far more a player just like them,

he has the skills.

It must be tough to be Eric Wright, and see a few other safeties and the other cb just give up passes

like handing out car wash flyers...

Extremely strong players will definitely make the players around them better, especially on defense & on the lines. I believe we have SERIOUSLY upgraded our defense, & not just with Haden. Don't forget about Ward..with the coverage people we now have, his shortcomings in that area will not be as glaring, yet his HITTING can be a definite asset in setting a new, more aggressive tone for the defense.

I can't wait to watch this team gel.

Mike

Archived