THE BROWNS BOARD

Seneca Wallace

Don't be surprised if Seneca Wallace is the Browns starting Q.B. for week 1. He has a lot of potential that is waiting to burst loose. Delhomme seems to be in a steep decline (though probably a halfway decent insurance policy for the Browns for the time being). McKoy won't be ready to start right away. You may be pleasantly surprised by Seneca. Hopefully the Browns with let him run & scramble more than the Seahawks did though.

I'd like to see Seneca get a fair shot at the position. What i've seen of him, i've liked more than BQ or Derek, so it is an automatic upgrade to that level. Seneca is a nice bit of insurance to have if Delhomme has lost it. (which could very well be the case)

Do you think Ratliff has ANY hope of making the final roster? The only way i see him making this team is if one of the guys ahead of him ruptures a spleen Chris Simms style. Otherwise, he's fishfood.

it's uncapped and Lerner's money, i just want the best guy to start. having Jake as competition makes Seneca better so no matter how it spends it's worthwhile imo.

this could be said of Ratliffe every year of his pro career so far:

Do you think Ratliff has ANY hope of making the final roster? The only way i see him making this team is if one of the guys ahead of him ruptures a spleen Chris Simms style. Otherwise, he's fishfood.
yet...he's still here.

the Rat endures...

If Seneca Wallace is the starter then I will be pissed at the Delhome Signing. For the amount of money we signed him for, he better be good.

Why? It's an uncapped year, and it's not your money, so what's the big deal? I want them to play the QB that gives us the best shot to win, and if that means JD is the highest paid back up in history, then so be it.

I love a good reality post.

They always need a fresh kicking/punting leg and another arm for reps in training camp, guys make a couple of hundred thou in those rolls.

I dont know what Mangini sees in Ratliff. It is obvious that Holmgrem doesnt see anything in Ratliff or he wouldnt of pulled rank and got Colt Mccoy. I see Ratliff at this point as nothing more than a camp arm but we will see.

In all fairness, the Ratliff we saw last preseason was nowhere near the Ratliff from the year before in NY. My brother is a Jets' season ticket holder and I saw a couple of preseason games. This guy really led the offense better than anybody (Favre had just showed up) and all the buzz was how Ratliff was going to unseat Clemens for the #2 QB job.

you can't judge really any of our QBs based on last season alone. the rest of our supporting offense was so bad not even peyton manning would look good, thats my opinion on Ratliff. as to seneca wallace, he wasn't been able to take hold and grasp a starting spot yet in his 7? year long career, odds of him doing it here arn't too great against delhomme. theres a reason he was delegated to a role player, playing any position that needs a hand. jack of all trades, master of none, imo

you can't judge really any of our QBs based on last season alone. the rest of our supporting offense was so bad not even peyton manning would look good, thats my opinion on Ratliff. as to seneca wallace, he wasn't been able to take hold and grasp a starting spot yet in his 7? year long career, odds of him doing it here arn't too great against delhomme. theres a reason he was delegated to a role player, playing any position that needs a hand. jack of all trades, master of none, imo

Yeah but Hasselback is a hell of a QB. Seneca's numbers have been consistantly above average. Delhomme has been known to roller coaster a lil bit.

I really don't believe Delhomme was promised he'd start but obviously, with what he was paid, there is some leanings towards us wanting that to happen. IF Seneca comes into camp and looks sharper, i'm pretty certain you'll find Delhomme taking a back seat. Mangini doesn't have loyalty to any of these guys and it rests on his shoulders to pick the guy who helps is win games best. Based on recent play, it very well could be Wallace.

I will be watching and rooting fro the Browns even more this season and Holmgren. I always want you guys to beat the Stealers that's why that prime time game last season was so awesome. Whether Seneca is the starter or not, we'll see. Hopefully with Ben Rapeingburger sitting out a number of games that will help give the Browns the edge to take the division. Here's hoping for a season sweep of the Stealers!

Fyi too many Seahawks fans never gave Seneca Wallace a chance, and didn't like him because he isn't 6'+. Well, Drew Brees isn't all that tall either, lol! My view has always been right along, "don't sleep on Seneca Wallace!" If Delhomme isn't the starter then I am really going to be watching Seneca at the helm of the Browns as much as I can.

:)

Both qb's can play, Jake had a terrible year in 09. My guess is, Jake might come on strong, taking care of the ball, and be the starter.

Else, if he just doen't have it anymore, Seneca steps in.

Seneca Wallace

Recent Career Passing

Year Team G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds TD Int Fumbles F Lost

2007 Seattle 10 99.6 19 28 67.9 215 2 1

2008 Seattle 10 87.0 141 242 58.3 1532 11 3

2009 Seattle 13 81.9 78 120 65.0 700 3 2

Car Totals (Full) 48 83.1 333 556 59.9 3547 25 14 5 2

Jake Delhomme

Recent Career Passing

Year Team G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds TD Int Fumbles F Lost

2007 Carolina 3 111.8 55 86 64.0 624 8 1

2008 Carolina 16 84.7 246 414 59.4 3288 15 12

2009 Carolina 11 59.4 178 321 55.5 2015 8 18

Career Totals (Full) 97 82.1 1630 2755 59.2 19892 123 94 58 28

Senaca will not be starting, the only way he plays is if Delhomme does bad(which there's a chance of).

And Ratliff will definitely be on the final roster, Mangini kept him over Bartel who outperformed him by far, in fact, the only thing Bartel was doing bad was not getting rid of the ball soon enough, which would lead to a sack. That could easily be coached, but Mangini kept Ratliff over Bartel for personal reasons.

The Big Show did an interview with Trivisonno on WTAM earlier this week in which he made clear multiple times that Delhomme is the guy. He was discussing McCoy and emphasizing over and over that he wouldn't play this year, and he would add "I brought Jake in here for a reason you know" more than twice. He didn't mention Wallace once. While this could have been an oversight by The Big Show while giving an interview I doubt it.

The Big Show did an interview with Trivisonno on WTAM earlier this week in which he made clear multiple times that Delhomme is the guy. He was discussing McCoy and emphasizing over and over that he wouldn't play this year, and he would add "I brought Jake in here for a reason you know" more than twice. He didn't mention Wallace once. While this could have been an oversight by The Big Show while giving an interview I doubt it.

The Big Show isn't the coach though, so while he may've influenced the signing of Jake coming here, Mangini will have the final say who plays on the field. Plus, i can 100% guarantee you, Holmgren wouldn't mind seeing one of his former picks playing well for us. I think the Big Show is saying what he needs to say in order to keep the media at bay.

Jake has got the leg up and based on his career SHOULD get the spot BUT Seneca isn't going to concede it and come to camp thinking he's the backup. Both players will be ready to show their new teams they are ready to go and lead the Browns to some wins.

Delhomme's last two playoff games in his entire career:

Against the Seattle Seahawks at Qwest Field in Seattle, Washington, January 22, 2006:

15 completions, 35 attempts, 42.9% completed, 196 yards, 1 tds, 3 ints, 34.9 QB rate

Against the Arizona Cardinals at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina:

17 completions, 34 attempts, 50.0% completed, 205 yards, 1 tds, 5 ints, 39.1 QB rate

Just as an f.y.i.

Against the Seattle Seahawks at Qwest Field in Seattle, Washington, January 22, 2006:

15 completions, 35 attempts, 42.9% completed, 196 yards, 1 tds, 3 ints, 34.9 QB rate

Against the Arizona Cardinals at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina:

17 completions, 34 attempts, 50.0% completed, 205 yards, 1 tds, 5 ints, 39.1 QB rate

Just as an f.y.i.

Well to be fair that's better than any Browns QB has done in the playoffs the past 7 years. At least he made it haha

The Big Show isn't the coach though, so while he may've influenced the signing of Jake coming here, Mangini will have the final say who plays on the field. Plus, i can 100% guarantee you, Holmgren wouldn't mind seeing one of his former picks playing well for us. I think the Big Show is saying what he needs to say in order to keep the media at bay.

Jake has got the leg up and based on his career SHOULD get the spot BUT Seneca isn't going to concede it and come to camp thinking he's the backup. Both players will be ready to show their new teams they are ready to go and lead the Browns to some wins.

This might be true but President can fire the coach anytime he want's. For all we know Eric might be The Big Show's puppet which would explain why he's still here. I really hope not but to be honest as long as they win I could careless what's going on behind the scenes. The only thing we can do is wait till preseason and see how the quarterbacks pan out.

This might be true but President can fire the coach anytime he want's. For all we know Eric might be The Big Show's puppet which would explain why he's still here. I really hope not but to be honest as long as they win I could careless what's going on behind the scenes. The only thing we can do is wait till preseason and see how the quarterbacks pan out.

Seattle fan chiming in here... Wanted to see how Craig Stadler - I mean "Big Show" is doing.

Loved what Holms did for us - especially at the peak 2005-6... but a lot of head scratching after that. GM Ruskell made some interesting choices but ultimately had to go away. We're now cautiously optimistic about what we're seeing from the new regime.

Seneca: A #2 only. Bank on it. Don't go crazy over any YouTube clips or stats... he's only a competent backup, which is Holms plan, period.

Jake: Have no idea - sort of what we're dealing with in Hasselbeck - pretty much used up, but may have a little left.

McCoy: Is he the Real McCoy? Time will tell. Out of the 3, I would think he's your only hope.

We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you guys. Still like the big guy who brought us into the promised land - maybe he can do it for you too.

Why? It's an uncapped year, and it's not your money, so what's the big deal? I want them to play the QB that gives us the best shot to win, and if that means JD is the highest paid back up in history, then so be it.

Well It is not the money that would piss me but the fact that we yet again failed to get a quality QB whom we have been searching for long. No way one would commit that much money to a backup which will make me question if the guys on duty are slowly losing it.

what's Jake making?

i thought it was 2Mil a year. even for a backup, for a year or two i got that all day. especially if the starter is making less. realistically we're probably carrying all four for less than what a franchise QB makes. the real problem for the team is carrying all four, and not cap space for sure. well, it's a problem for everyone but Ratty and the Mange.

Just as an f.y.i.

wanna list the same stats for previous playoffs games.....

cherry pickin at its finest.

Archived