THE BROWNS BOARD

Eminem Rips Ben

Browns57

Eminem rips Roethlisberger in song

Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Eminem mentions Ben Roethlisberger in his latest song: "Despicable."

The million-selling rapper refers to the Steelers' troubled quarterback in explicit lyrics and with the lines, "I'd rather turn this club into a bar room brawl. Get as rowdy as Roethlisberger in a bathroom stall."

A 20-year-old college student accused Roethlisberger of sexual assault following a March 3 incident in a Milledgeville, Ga., nightclub. Roethlisberger doesn't face charges, but he was suspended for six games by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

While Eminem is releasing a new album called "Recovery," the song referencing Roethlisberger will not be included. The song was posted at a website co-founded by Eminem's manager.

Ben made his "Bed" ( On a RR Counter-top at that ) Now its time to Lay in it . This is all Motivation to NEVER be an ass again. IF Ben shows his Ass again... wow , There wont be a word to describe it. I predict he is a Model Citizen from here on out.

Ben made his "Bed" ( On a RR Counter-top at that ) Now its time to Lay in it . This is all Motivation to NEVER be an ass again. IF Ben shows his Ass again... wow , There wont be a word to describe it. I predict he is a Model Citizen from here on out.

Dont count on it or bet on it. Everyone has made it to easy for him to be a scumbag with covering up for him being an asshole. He knows that and will continue to be an asshole knowing that his shit doesn't stink in PA.

Dont count on it or bet on it. Everyone has made it to easy for him to be a scumbag with covering up for him being an asshole. He knows that and will continue to be an asshole knowing that his shit doesn't stink in PA.

He's going to walk the line or he will have successfully destroyed his career. If another incident occurs I have zero doubt he'll be cut from the Steelers and cast off by nfl teams as a franchise starter or a risk woth taking player for that matter. He will be a model citizen from here on out.

That song is the shit and that line makes it even better
disagree, i hate his new style. it's uselessly agro, monotonous, and easily forgettable.

imo he jumped the shark early on with his controversially light-hearted-sing-songy style of lyrical ridiculousness. since then che's reinvented himself countless times to parallel mass appeal and apart from Stan, he pretty much sucks when he's serious.

disagree, i hate his new style. it's uselessly agro, monotonous, and easily forgettable.

imo he jumped the shark early on with his controversially light-hearted-sing-songy style of lyrical ridiculousness. since then che's reinvented himself countless times to parallel mass appeal and apart from Stan, he pretty much sucks when he's serious.

I agree that he sucks when he is serious for the most part but lately i think he has been great. His verses on Forever and Drop the World are amazing. The fact that Despicable is a free style just blows my mind and shows how talented he really is. I do think his early stuff is easily his best though.

This is a little off topic from the original post, but I have a question. How come Eminem (and rap in general) is villianized by society while most school districts have children reading works by Shakespeare, E.A. Poe and S.E. Hinton by the time they hit middle school?

Poe, Shakespeare etc. went on about witches and foes instead of bitches and hos...I suspect.

(would you pefer I put that in iambic pantameter?)

Poe, Shakespeare etc. went on about witches and foes instead of bitches and hos...I suspect.

(would you pefer I put that in iambic pantameter?)

Haha. That's not needed.

Poe wrote about vivid deathes, heavy alcohal use and brutal mass muders...

Shakespeare wrote about violence, suicide and rebeling against society/parents/religon (it doesn't seem like strong rebelling now days, but back than how much Shakespeare pushed the limit is very similiar to how Eminem does it in modern day.)

S.E. Hinton was the author of the book "The Outsiders"...That book is about violence, gang killings and someone pulls a gun on cops... Most teachers have students reading that book by the 7th/8th grade...But when a 13 year old listens to Eminem all hell breaks lose.

Sex, violence and drug use are the three most popular themes in songs, literature, movies etc...And it's been that way before the time of Poe and Shakespeare...It's horrible, vile trash when Eminem and Tupac say it....It's gold when Poe and Shakespeare write it....Why the hypocriscy in media, politics and all of society?

Haha. That's not needed.

Poe wrote about vivid deathes, heavy alcohal use and brutal mass muders...

Shakespeare wrote about violence, suicide and rebeling against society/parents/religon (it doesn't seem like strong rebelling now days, but back than how much Shakespeare pushed the limit is very similiar to how Eminem does it in modern day.)

S.E. Hinton was the author of the book "The Outsiders"...That book is about violence, gang killings and someone pulls a gun on cops... Most teachers have students reading that book by the 7th/8th grade...But when a 13 year old listens to Eminem all hell breaks lose.

Sex, violence and drug use are the three most popular themes in songs, literature, movies etc...And it's been that way before the time of Poe and Shakespeare...It's horrible, vile trash when Eminem and Tupac say it....It's gold when Poe and Shakespeare write it....Why the hypocriscy in media, politics and all of society?

Well, perhaps it is the medium and the language. Rap is not palatable to many people....even if the subject was roses and puppies. The printed word..without the vulgarity you get in a lot of rap lyrics..is generally a more universal medium.

Well, perhaps it is the medium and the language. Rap is not palatable to many people....even if the subject was roses and puppies. The printed word..without the vulgarity you get in a lot of rap lyrics..is generally a more universal medium.

Your right about that. Swearing and racial slurs are heard a lot more in rap than books. But many books geared for teens and young adults do have swearing and slurs degrading to race, gender, ethnicity and mental/physical problems. Uncensored Eminem cd's, by law, must have a parental advisory sticker on them. How come books that use the same langauge don't have that mandatory sticker? The book "Of. Mice and Men" is in most high school English teacher's ciriculums. Despite the swearing, the degrading slurs toward blacks, woman and the mentally challenge and the killing of a mentally challenged man there is not a parental advisory sticker on the book most teens will be exposed to.

It's gold when Poe and Shakespeare write it....Why the hypocriscy in media, politics and all of society?

because the people who run the media are white and no matter what anyone says they hate it when a young thug from the streets spouts the same messages as the authors you mentioned and gets paid millions for it. if it was little white johnny from down the street rapping hard about staying in school noone would buy it.

because the people who run the media are white and no matter what anyone says they hate it when a young thug from the streets spouts the same messages as the authors you mentioned and gets paid millions for it. if it was little white johnny from down the street rapping hard about staying in school noone would buy it.

The people who run the media are jewish and they love forcing interracial stuff on us. They have rap in commericals, movies, tv shows, and to top it all off even in some of the kids movies that disney and dreamworks puts out. Before I get slammed for what I just said, yes I do listen to rap once in a while but not this new crap they play on the radio. I listen to Eazy-E, Spice 1, Deltron 3030, Del The Funky Homosapian, Too Short, Run DMC, etc... Anymore it all sound's the same. If they're not rapping about weed then it's bling, money, rims, or some word they just made up.

Exactly. The human race is entertained by sex, violence and drugs. That's why stories and plays traced all the way back to the Greeks have those three topics (drugs not as much becuase not as many exsisted centuries ago) Rappers, authors, film makes etc, aren't evil people trying to brainwash little kids. They are simply making a product people can't get enough of.

I also love how entertainers are blamed for other people's personal actions. If a rapper has more of an influence on a teen than the parents I have found the problem...And it has nothing to do with the guy who has no idea the kid exsists. Eminem has sold over 80 millon albums... 1 of his teen fans does something dumb that gets the police invlovled and Eminem is blamed.

Exactly. The human race is entertained by sex, violence and drugs. That's why stories and plays traced all the way back to the Greeks have those three topics (drugs not as much becuase not as many exsisted centuries ago) Rappers, authors, film makes etc, aren't evil people trying to brainwash little kids. They are simply making a product people can't get enough of.

I also love how entertainers are blamed for other people's personal actions. If a rapper has more of an influence on a teen than the parents I have found the problem...And it has nothing to do with the guy who has no idea the kid exsists. Eminem has sold over 80 millon albums... 1 of his teen fans does something dumb that gets the police invlovled and Eminem is blamed.

Well, they said the same thing about Elvis.

And....in case anyone didn't notice, Eminem is little white Johnny from down the street.

Archived