THE BROWNS BOARD

A funny thing I read once...

Earl34

Last year, Texas was scheduled to play Missouri for Missouri's homecoming prompting their school newspaper to publish "10 Things That Make Texas a Bad Homecoming Opponent"

I have to say that as a Texas alum I found the writer's attempt quite fun. My favorite though was #5:

5. Colt McCoy. It's not enough that the guy has won 38 games as a collegiate starter. Or that he completed an NCAA record 77 percent of his passes last season. It's that he's the starting quarterback for the University of Texas and his name is COLT MCCOY. Playing football against a quarterback named Colt McCoy is like playing cards against a guy who has the same first name as a city. If you're at any sort of felt-covered table and a guy sits down and introduces himself as "Memphis," you walk away. Do not question this.

I don't know if y'all find that funny but it was a good chuckle.

Last year, Texas was scheduled to play Missouri for Missouri's homecoming prompting their school newspaper to publish "10 Things That Make Texas a Bad Homecoming Opponent"

I have to say that as a Texas alum I found the writer's attempt quite fun. My favorite though was #5:

5. Colt McCoy. It's not enough that the guy has won 38 games as a collegiate starter. Or that he completed an NCAA record 77 percent of his passes last season. It's that he's the starting quarterback for the University of Texas and his name is COLT MCCOY. Playing football against a quarterback named Colt McCoy is like playing cards against a guy who has the same first name as a city. If you're at any sort of felt-covered table and a guy sits down and introduces himself as "Memphis," you walk away. Do not question this.

I don't know if y'all find that funny but it was a good chuckle.

His name & Texas DO go together, don't they?

Mike

Archived