THE BROWNS BOARD

My Fantasy Picks Working Out....

Everyone should of listened to ME.

Austin Jackson, David Freese, Brian Matusz, Cliff Pennington, Ian Desmond

In waiting: Jeremy Hellickson and Desmond Jennings (saying he could be better then Carl Crawford, which is why they didn't resign him and spent the money on Ben Zorbist)

Jury Still out: Adam Moore and Kyle Blanks

Everyone should of listened to ME.

Austin Jackson, David Freese, Brian Matusz, Cliff Pennington, Ian Desmond

In waiting: Jeremy Hellickson and Desmond Jennings (saying he could be better then Carl Crawford, which is why they didn't resign him and spent the money on Ben Zorbist)

Jury Still out: Adam Moore and Kyle Blanks

You seriously should try to sell your greatness somewhere. You may well struggle with the written word and general communication, but you sure as shit know how to pick fantasy sleepers.

My cap is tipped.

Beanpot

You seriously should try to sell your greatness somewhere. You may well struggle with the written word and general communication, but you sure as shit know how to pick fantasy sleepers.

My cap is tipped.

Beanpot

I don't have to sell anything. I am great, you already know that.

I'm more into the 74 year olds, myself. Konerko and Miguel Olivo have worked out pretty well for me so far.

Good calls on most of those, though. Unfortunately I drafted too many bums early to make room for any of them. I'm pretty sure my team batting average so far is worse than the Tribe's.

I'm more into the 74 year olds, myself. Konerko and Miguel Olivo have worked out pretty well for me so far.

Good calls on most of those, though. Unfortunately I drafted too many bums early to make room for any of them. I'm pretty sure my team batting average so far is worse than the Tribe's.

My league is keeper so we have 40 on the roster. 5 of the top guys in BA are on my team.

I don't have to sell anything. I am great, you already know that.

Yeah, yeah. You're just filled with all sorts of awesomeness.

But really, you ARE great for loving the sport. We're a small band of brothers on this forum, best we stick together.

Beanpot

Yeah, yeah. You're just filled with all sorts of awesomeness.

But really, you ARE great for loving the sport. We're a small band of brothers on this forum, best we stick together.

Beanpot

Just messing with you Bean. I love the stats side of it.

Have you seen the history of Rotessire on ESPN 2, it's pretty good.

Just messing with you Bean. I love the stats side of it.

Have you seen the history of Rotessire on ESPN 2, it's pretty good.

Aww, me too bud. No chance in hell I can ever hate on anyone who still follows this team.

Haven't caught that show. Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to try and find that sucker via DVR. Much appreciated.

Beanpot

Aww, me too bud. No chance in hell I can ever hate on anyone who still follows this team.

Haven't caught that show. Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to try and find that sucker via DVR. Much appreciated.

Beanpot

Could be the worst Tribe team in my lifetime. On ESPN, they have attendance being 18,428. LOL on SATURDAY. Monday's and Tuesday's game had 10,000 people at it. That covers the electric bill for the lights. And half of them were gone on Tuesday after the 4th inning. The only reason people stayed on Monday is because the OTHER team's pitcher (Cecil) flirted with perfection.

I see the Dolan's selling this team very quickly. They were obvious about only being about money when off loading Cliff, CC and others. Blowing up a ALCS team? It made no difference, they will lose money. No one wants anyone's contract on our team, because they suck, they have traded anyone worth anything. They might get something for Grady. That means the Dolan's will lose a bundle this year. Bruce is 100% right and like that dude more then ever now.

Paul at the Diatribe had an even more depressing take, comparing Travis Hafner to David Ortiz. I won't reprint it here, too ugly. But hopefully everyone reads the Diatribe anyway.

I guess the good thing about MLB.tv is that, whenever the stream starts getting a little choppy I have a good excuse to stop watching. I'm usually the optimistic one on here, but it's been brutal so far. When we're relying on Mitch Talbot and the like to give us a SHOT at winning (but I have to give Choo credit, of course).....it's not too pretty.

But I do like to take solace in the fact that just about everyone we've traded didn't work out for their next team. Garko's been let go by two teams and has been atrocious for his third this year, CC essentially bailed on the Brewers, the Phillies let go of Cliff, the Red Sox are already looking for THEIR Victor replacement.

Does that have anything to do with us?

No. But here's to schadenfreude.

I was so uncomfortable with trading Franklin Gutiérrez when we did. Now he's one of the best OF in the AL (so far this season). A true 5 tool player. They trade away players they could of singed to reasonable contracts.

I think some guy made a great point when I was listening to Rizzo. When will Shapiro be held accountable? He's done a good job with what he has had only a handful of seasons. Look at Tampa Bay, San Diego, Texas, Oakland, Washington (Manny's old team) and Florida. They ALL compete and Tampa Bay, San Diego and Texas are leading their divisions. San Diego is 1/2 of the payroll as the Tribe and are leading their division. Yea they might not win it all, but are competing. Horrible signings and 1/2 way through the season were are unloading those same pick ups? WHAT?

Now we have nothing to trade, stuck with a team of minor league players. Underachievers. You think they are bad this season, wait until 2011.

Dolan please sell the team I beg you.

Archived