THE BROWNS BOARD

Does RAC Want Quinn To Fail Because he wanted DA

Sony Reed

Brady Quinn played terrible yesterday, but upon further looking at game again a few things stood out to me

Playcalling was terrible and it seems that Chud and RAC have made the plays/throws that Quinn can make very safe throws for the most part, it appears that Quinn is forcing the ball to Edwards and others when they are well covered and have very little separation but most of this is the routes that are being called/run by the receivers.

In the 1st half we threw 5 quick slants to Edwards and each was very well covered, does some of the quick slants bring back memories of Couch to KJ which we threw how many times back in those days

It appears to me that Brady is given a very limited package to work with since we all know RAC does not trust young players

I believe it was the 2nd quarter we had a 3rd and 6 and we lines up 2 wides and a TE and only one receiver ran a route of longer than 6 yards

Could RAC be upset that he was forced to start Quinn and this is is way of showing the Front Office by giving Quinn a very limited playbook which with to work, going back to the Broncos game all the throws were short and safe

I really don't think RAC wants Brady to do well since he realizes he will be gone next season

Could RAC be upset that he was forced to start Quinn and this is is way of showing the Front Office by giving Quinn a very limited playbook which with to work, going back to the Broncos game all the throws were short and safe

No that is ridiculous.

But it would be another great excuse for BQ's failures.

That makes no sense. If BQ does poorly under Rac but well under another coach it only hurts RAC in his profession. As far as not trusting young players it is not like DA is a seasoned veteran. He is 25 years old with a season and a half of experiance. RAC might not like BQ, I don't know but I really doubt that he is hoping for his failure.

Maybe BQ has not shown the ability to use the whole play book. Or maybe it is like in NE this year where they are just starting to let Cassel use all the plays. They are phasing him in until they are confident he can run the plays. I just don't think that a person would wreak his own career to hurt a player for 8 games.

If anything RAC would want the Browns to win and perform so that it would increase his chance of getting another job.

BQ will start the rest of the year and then the Browns can move DA for a draft pick(s). Give BQ more than a season and half to prove what he can become. Like I have said before I hope he ends up half as good as some think he can be.

I do not believe it.

There is more threat to RAC's job than DA or BQ. So I dont think RAC will do something that silly just to prove a point to the higher ups. The truth is he was never head coach material and last year we had an easy schedule and a team that had no pressure to succeed.

I believe it . Why do you think he pulled him for. He was hoping DA would come in a light the world on fire and we all know that didn't happen. DA has played alot worse than BQ yesterday and he kept his job. RAC wanted to show up everybody by bringing in DA. BQ will be better when he is gone.

Did your BFFs at the OBR tell you that?

I imagine those "insiders" are scrambling to spin this latest performance...

How does it feel to be back on the bench? After DA layed an egg again yesterday I thought you be in hiding. 26 starts and he still can't hit the RB in the flat.

alot of assumptions about what rac wants.....and none of us really know. i dont suspect any coach would run thei team into the ground to prove a silly point about a grudge on a rookie.

sounds like a pretty weak theory.....

RAC controls the playcalling now?

man, y'all are stretching. guess its time to get the tinfoil.

I dont see RAC as being that type of individual. I do think that Quinn was forced on him by Savage and he was not and is not happy about it. I would bet that he feels like he does not have enough control so yesterday was his way or reasserting he is still (temporarily) the coach. Anderson did however make us go vertical real quick and did throw a strike and should have been td to Edwards.

DA is second string the rest of the season and the next ahem..... I mean the coach of 2010 will be making the qb starting position decision next year. Unless BQ lights it up for the next few games.

Other than that everyone is auditioning for next years starting positions..... with whoever is calling the shots. Maybe Phil Savage since he likes to make onfield decisions should be coach.

I never did buy that rac made the decision to change to quinn you have to be a thinking man to do that and crennel is a Retard and to make the change so late in a losing season it is funny that he would put DA in against texas to "spark the team" but never considered doing the same with quinn early in the season when it could have mattered the faster the fat bass turd is gone the better.. they can throw him in the lake with phil sewage as far as im concerned...

It is amazing how people are lashing out at quinn with only 3 starts and forget he should have been further along then he was when they started him but the management of this team sucks the owner sucks and our players suck hell we the fans suck for tolorating this crap...;)

Other than that everyone is auditioning for next years starting positions..... with whoever is calling the shots. Maybe Phil Savage since he likes to make onfield decisions should be coach.

Would be funny if lerner hired cowher as the new GM and demoted savage to HC lol cowher would swallow opies clueless arse alive before preseason ended..

Archived