THE BROWNS BOARD

What is going on ?

BrownIndian

You would think that after the game 3 revival we would be bringing some of that energy to game 4. The sad part was it was not the big 3 of Celtics that stopped us but a 6 foot Rondo. And while that little guy was causing us havoc; we had two big guys on the bench who did not play.

>> Big Z is not even being featured while Shaq sat out the whole 4th quarter.

>> Parker and West had an off game and were hardly being subbed.

Can someone explain the rotation to me ? Im perplexed.

Shaq was hot for most of the game, I'm not sure why he never saw the 4th quarter.

Their 3 point shooting was way off too. They were all over Lebron, who turned it over far too much in that game. I don't think there's any reason to panic though. Winning 2 in a row against a good Celtics team is nearly impossible in their house. It was a very tight game the whole time. A few more free throws made and a couple of those late Lebron 3 pt attempts and this game could very easily have been Cleveland's win.

Shaq was hot for most of the game, I'm not sure why he never saw the 4th quarter.

Their 3 point shooting was way off too. They were all over Lebron, who turned it over far too much in that game. I don't think there's any reason to panic though. Winning 2 in a row against a good Celtics team is nearly impossible in their house. It was a very tight game the whole time. A few more free throws made and a couple of those late Lebron 3 pt attempts and this game could very easily have been Cleveland's win.

Shaq sat most of the fourth quarter because he had 5 fouls. That said, a couple of observations.

1) How in the world does someone 6'1" collect 18 rebounds? 18 reb's is a good night for Dwight Howard. Admittedly, a lot of those looked like they had homing radar, but SOMEBODY did a real lousy job of boxing out.

2) Earth to Mike Brown- why did it only take you 4 games to figure out Andy is a far better defensive matchup on Garnett?

3) Earth to Mike Brown- if Rondo is killing you with outside passing when Parker lays off, and driving past him if he plays tight, who's the combination of the biggest and fastest guy on the Cavs to guard him? I'm glad Assistant Coach LeBron clued you in after the game that it's him.

4) The Celtics were packing the paint with 2-3 guys every time (hence all the blocked shots in the 4th quarter) daring the Cavs to beat them with threes. 4 of 21, 19% won't get it done. If the Cavs had gone 40% from threeville, the Cavs win in a walk (+12 points), and it would have forced the Celtics to come out of the paint to guard them, opening up driving lanes for LeBron.

5) Speaking of LeBron he looked mighty tentative again, what's up with that? Seems like the Cavs are playing for a 7 game series, just hanging around, hoping they could pull it out in the fourth quarter.

Yeah, but you still put Shaq in there with 4-5 minutes to go. If he gets fouled out, he gets fouled out. He was creating a freaking mess for the Celtics and when it mattered most he didn't get to play.

I hobe Lebron gets to cover Rondo. I read a good article on ESPN talking about that very thing, and while they did make a good point about how pulling him off Paul Pierce could be a bad thing, something has to be done to stop Rondo.

Lebron wasn't tenative, he was getting mugged most of the game, and like you pointed out, they took away the inside daring the Cavs to shoot 3's which they weren't able to do. The Cavs were aggressive and drew a lot of fouls early, closed an 11 point deficit to take the lead in the 3rd quarter, but they didn't maintain it while the Celtics kept the gas on the entire game.

The Celtics just didn't allow Lebron to take over the game, and since his supporting cast (except Shaq) was flat footed, there were never any distractions. That's a pretty simple recipe if the supporting cast isn't contributing. Shut down the only player that can hurt you if no one else is stepping up and you win. And that's exactly what the Celtics did.

I really think it's either a Coach issue or a mental thing with the players. This is eerily similiar to last year, although it's earlier in the playoffs and they're not getting blown out 4-1.

As long a Urkel is coach, we are going to be hampered.

If we don't win the whole thing, that guy needs to go. In the playoffs you need to step up, not clam up.

The support cast seem to lack the sense of urgency. West, Mo and Co can surely do better than that. Someone needs to motivate them. Rondo is a good player - i'll give u that but a good player of his height usefully does well in scoring and assisting not rebounding. So if he gets 18 rebounds then someone sure aint doing something right. When u can shut out Garnet, Pierce and Ray allen and still manage to lose to the Celtics rest assured that you are doing something wrong.

And the cavs better practice their 3 points to perfection. Only that can open up lanes. And if Celtics are a good shooting team then Magics are a juggernaut. We need to climb this mountain and guide seems clueless.

As long a Urkel is coach, we are going to be hampered.

If we don't win the whole thing, that guy needs to go. In the playoffs you need to step up, not clam up.

I'll give you that Brown needs to go if the Cavs don't win it all, or at least make the Finals. There's better names for him on the Cleveland.com forums that I've been following lately. Just call him Potato Head. Tater, or Roker LOL, there is a resemblance.

The other guy that needs to go (assuming LeBron stays, and I have a bad feeling he won't if we lose to the Celts) is Mo Williams. Big time defensive liability, and his track record of disappearing in the post season makes him worthless. Finding someone who's a more consistent scorer than Parker at the #2 guard wouldn't hurt either. What killed the Cavs in game four was lousy perimeter shooting.

The other guy that needs to go (assuming LeBron stays, and I have a bad feeling he won't if we lose to the Celts) is Mo Williams. Big time defensive liability, and his track record of disappearing in the post season makes him worthless. Finding someone who's a more consistent scorer than Parker at the #2 guard wouldn't hurt either. What killed the Cavs in game four was lousy perimeter shooting.

Mo really needs to step it up. He's such a great player offensively, and a really excellent perimeter shooter. I have no idea why he just seems to fall by the wayside in the playoffs.

I know Brown's team has lead the league in wins 2 straight years, but take away LBJ & this may be a lottery team. How any top flight coach can allow his team to shoot free throws as poorly as they do & go "flat" with a lead (read NO killer instinct) is beyond me.

Brown knows defense, but he obviously doesn't motivate his team to play hard for FOUR quarters on a consistent basis.

Mike

Not looking good for Brown....15-0 run for the Celtics...so much for the defense wizardry...pisses me off to be honest....if we had a real coach we would have a title by now and we wouldn't be questioning if James was going to stick with Cleveland.

At least we have James......maybe he comes on big in the 2nd half.

There is no god damn heart in this team. Where the F&^k is the team that played all year. Truley bad basketball, not as bad as the Hawks, but bad. If we get swept by the Celtics, bet your ass Lebron is thinking about leaving. I dont want it to happen but it just feels like thats what is going to happen.

swept? we have won 2 games.. I totally agree it seems like we have no heart. but that said, what happened to our fans?! The crowd wasn't ever in the game! The celtics didn't pull away until late 3rd quarter. If we win at Boston I like our chances in game 7.. But we need to actually run plays on offense and hold our ground on defense under the basket..

The crowd was in the game as much as they could be.

It's hard to cheer when a team plays with zero heart.

LeBron sets the tone for how this team plays and tonight he refused to attack. He played scared.

This was painful to watch.

I'm not a big basketball fan, but I'm not surprised by this. Typical Cleveland choking when the games really count. Lebron looked like shit. The team played with no heart. I don't blame the fans. They are sick of this bullshit. In the playoffs, best record in the NBA and $2.00 will get you a cup of coffee.

Bad coaching is magnified in the playoffs.

As long as we have Brown and this team, we are going to win in the regular season and struggle in the playoffs because playoffs require good coaching. You can't just street ball your way though games.

I wonder if the problem is James likes Brown as his coach and doesn't want him canned.

I have a feeling if we don't pull this out, James is leaving for another team so we might as well dump Brown ASAP so James can use that as an excuse if he wishes.

It also will help to have a name in place to help us attract other top players.....who am I kidding...if James isn't here, other top players aren't going to want to come to Cleveland...that arena will be like the old Arena days with 2,000 people cheering Luther Rackley.

I am just fearful that James wants his titles and he comes to the realization it is going to be easier for him to go to a team with the parts in place, only in need of him, then it is for the Cavs to rebuild around James.

Bad coaching is magnified in the playoffs.

As long as we have Brown and this team, we are going to win in the regular season and struggle in the playoffs because playoffs require good coaching. You can't just street ball your way though games.

I wonder if the problem is James likes Brown as his coach and doesn't want him canned.

I have a feeling if we don't pull this out, James is leaving for another team so we might as well dump Brown ASAP so James can use that as an excuse if he wishes.

It also will help to have a name in place to help us attract other top players.....who am I kidding...if James isn't here, other top players aren't going to want to come to Cleveland...that arena will be like the old Arena days with 2,000 people cheering Luther Rackley.

I am just fearful that James wants his titles and he comes to the realization it is going to be easier for him to go to a team with the parts in place, only in need of him, then it is for the Cavs to rebuild around James.

Well, lets look at the bright side. Browns Training Camp starts in a little over 2 months!

The problem with that is that such teams will not have the big money to pay James. We are one of the few teams with both a cast and money to help James. Instead of us being worried about James leaving us - It is him who should be thinking if all the glitz, glam and money of NY can get him a championship. And will the NY crowd be patient enough ? 3 seasons and they will be in the same situation as us. Unless they can break the bank to get Josh Howard also; I dont see NY winning Le Bron or not.

The problem with that is that such teams will not have the big money to pay James. We are one of the few teams with both a cast and money to help James. Instead of us being worried about James leaving us - It is him who should be thinking if all the glitz, glam and money of NY can get him a championship. And will the NY crowd be patient enough ? 3 seasons and they will be in the same situation as us. Unless they can break the bank to get Josh Howard also; I dont see NY winning Le Bron or not.

Clearly you jest my friend...

Check his line-up for next year...

Tony Parker at the (1) wife wants to go to NYC career move....and Spurs will work something with Knicks and a third team to make it happen

Lebron at the (2)....I'll make this short...LEBRONOMICS $$$$$ (the Glam of NYC) enough said.

Gallo at the (3).....20 years old 6'10 and shoots crazy sick and has the Knick City Dancers on his speed dial..

D Lee at the (4) ....1st time All-Star automatic dble, dble every game..

C Bosh at (5).......Supersar status...center, can defend run the floor for a big and shoot parimeter....

I'd say that's a good line-up.

I was thinking more Da Bulls. Wade Lebron Bosh Rose Noah, that would be the team. It wont happen, but it could. I will still love the cavs the same, but wont get to see them on tv anymore. We still have 2 game to win so im not counting them out yet, but if we get beat in 6, bet your ass Lebron is Gone. I also think Danny Ferry would be gone too. Z, Shaq, Lebron, next year team could look pretty crazy.

Archived