THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday, belated Mother's Day

The Gipper

Here is this weeks Survey:

1. So? What did you do for your Mother on Mother's day (or your wife if your mother is no longer with us)?

2. Are the Cavs going to blow it?

3. Does your mother rock a tat? If so, what? (or replace this with your wife if you choose)

4. Which of the following was the best 10th round or higher draft pick in Browns history (knowing that there have only been 7 rounds since 1992): Galen Fiss, 13th round, 1953. Billy Andrews, 13th round, 1967. Ben Davis, 17th round, 1967. Brian Sipe, 13th round, 1972. Ambrose, 12th round, 1975. Paul Farren, 12th round, 1983. Ernest Byner, 10th round, 1984.

5. Name your 10 favorite musical artists/bands.

1. So? What did you do for your Mother on Mother's day (or your wife if your mother is no longer with us)?

Well our kitchen flooded this weekend and I cleaned it all up for her (stayed up almost all night before my 13 hour shift on mothers day to get it done)

No the cavs will be fine

3. Does your mother rock a tat? If so, what? (or replace this with your wife if you choose)

nope

4. Which of the following was the best 10th round or higher draft pick in Browns history (knowing that there have only been 7 rounds since 1992): Galen Fiss, 13th round, 1953. Billy Andrews, 13th round, 1967. Ben Davis, 17th round, 1967. Brian Sipe, 13th round, 1972. Ambrose, 12th round, 1975. Paul Farren, 12th round, 1983. Ernest Byner, 10th round, 1984.

Sipe

in no particular order:

Rush

Primus

Green Day

Atmosphere

The Planet Smashers

Smash Mouth (old stuff)

Aesop Rock

Marcus Miller

Yes

and for 10 I'll put down any band with a sick bassist (being a bassist myself)

My mother (and mother-in-law) are no longer with us, but for my wife it was movie and a dinner.

We went to see IronMan 2. Briefly: it is NOWHERE as good as the first one....and I have hopes that the third one will be much better than this one. By the way, if you see it, stay until the very end, after the credits there is a preview of things to come.

It sure seems like they are trying to what with them fiddling/farting around with these Celtics.

No, my mom didn't, my wife doesn't, I don't, my kids don't.

Well, we have to go with Brian Sipe. He did become an NFL MVP. Byner was an outstanding player and the others on the list were good players.

Being an old guy I of course have to go with the the guys I grew up with: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Crosby Still Nash Young, David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, The Raspberries, Elvis and The Doors.

we got my mom a plant, some jewelry and a book.

no, but i think it takes 7 games.

it reads: "son."

i wasn't alive to see any of those guys, but from what who my family talks about, i would go with sipe

the eagles

led zeppelin

blink 182

jimmy buffett

elton john

billy joel

foo fighters

lynyrd skynyrd

white stripes

red hot chili peppers

got her flowers and spent time with her for the first time in a long time cuz im away at school

no!

Hahahahahaha no. My aunt does tho. She has a bow right above her ass crack. She got it with Angie Everhart.

Brian Sipe

Ray Charles

Mushoomhead

Trigger Point

Eye Empire

Fair to Midland

Rush

Deadsy

Winds of Plague

Asking Alexandria

Rancid

uhh, woke up and went out to eat breakfast with 2 friends.... called my mom and grandma... watched the cavs, then i had an intramural softball game at 11 at night. (busy day i know.)

doubt it.

nope.

well i was not alive to watch any of these players, but i think i would go with sipe or byner.

i like good music. not bad music.

Took Mom out for dinner.

Hell No.

Umm ... no.

And ... gross.

Sipe

I don't have a list. But it would probably start with The Rolling Stones and Eric Clapton.

Zombo

Ate Chinese food and watched the Cavs game with her. Was a lazy sunday.

Nah. I think they'll take game 5 at home and possibly 6 on the road.

No

How the crap am I supposed to choose between Brian Sipe and Ernest Byner? Both of them are amazing players with one definitive play that makes me want to cry. :/

Joe Satriani

Steve Vai

Yngwie Johann Malmsteen

The Rippingtons

Eddy Van Halen

The Black Mages (Nobuo Uematsu)

Eisley

Joe Walsh

Hammerfall

Iron Maiden

Wife and I went to a Sunday brunch with a Bloody Mary bar.

Afraid so

Sorry, I don't know what you are asking here

Fiss

No real order

Beatles

Stones

Doors

Hank Williams

George Strait

Alan Jackson

Johnny Cash

Frank Sinatra

Kenny Rogers

Judds

Oh.....guess I am not hip to the new lingo....no.....no tattoo....on Mom, wife, me, or any of the kids(with the kids, at least as far as I know, but I doubt it)

Funny....I heard a song today by the Bellamy Brothers...hadn't heard it in a good while...."Old Hippie".....kind of how I feel. The words are right on.

Anybody over 50 needs to listen, and anyone under needs to as well, it's what you face......plus, the Bellamy Bros are greatly under appreciated.

Thirteen of us, including all 7 Grandkids descended upon O'Charley's Restaurant & ate very well. If they had any of their wonderful rolls left, it wasn't OUR fault!

I'm afraid they might. I think they need a defensive ENFORCER & they MUST improve their free throw shooting if they are to win it all. I'm still rooting for them, but i am concerned. I don't see a killer instinct.

Nope.

Sipe.

Age shows here to a large degree along with a variety of musical tastes:

Eric Clapton (includes the groups "Cream", "Bonnie, Delaney & Friends", "Derek & the Dominoes", etc)

Bob Dylan

Beatles

Stones

Toby Keith

Trans Siberian Orchestra

Doors

Irish Rovers

Kentucky Headhunters (Yeah, I know...I like the music)

Beach Boys

Mike

I like those bands. Never heard the Rovers.

I like the Beach Boys....a sound all their own no doubt. Some may not like it, but there is no mistaking one of their songs....and they had dozens, so you have to give a thumbs up to that.

Couldn't see her on Mother's day but I called her and told her the next time I'm home I'll cook whatever she wants.

Not against Boston. If they lose it will be because Orlando gets hot from 3 like last year. I really think we're the best team in the league. It almost feels like they're saving something extra for Orlando. I am more worried about the Magic than the Lakers.

No

Sipe

Electric Light Orchestra

Queen

Randy Newman

Paul Simon

Elton John

Neil Diamond

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Jack Johnson

Paul McCartney (Wings and Beatles)

Jim Croce

The Traveling Wilbury's would probably be in there but they only made two albums so I couldn't put them ahead of any of the rest.

Had a cookout

Not this series with Boston

No

Sipe, Byner is a close 2nd

Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane/Starship, Golden Earring, Deep Purple, Yes, Jethro Tull, Genesis, Alice Cooper

1.We spent the weekend at the Campgrounds

2. They'll get to the finals, I dont no if they'll win it

3. yea flowers

4. Sipe

5. Alice in Chains, Steppenwolf, Hendrix, Aaron Lewis,The Eagles, Pantera, AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynard, Metallica, Led Zeppelin

Hell No.

Zombo[/b][/color]

First off, I'd like to invite anyone that has an interest over to the Cavs board- things are still kinda slow over there.

Secondly, I'd love to share your optimism Z, but this IS Cleveland, and should the Cavs blow it against the Celtics (and they might) I'll officially proclaim the town as cursed. A 6'1" point guard putting up the best playoff numbers since Oscar Robertson (and getting 18 rebounds in the process) has to start you wondering. Those odds were as long as Elway's drive.

To win a Championship, the Cavs have to play like they did in game #3, and not be taking nights off, or just think they can come back from any deficit in the 4th quarter.

1. Since I AM a mom, I had a great day! My kids all called me and there are few things better than talking with them. MY mom is 86 years old and has been looking for a gold cane. I finally found and sent her a lovely one. What she really likes about it is that it doesn't "click" when she walks into church. (I never would have thought of that.)

2. As a person who has been watching Cleveland sports for decades, I have to expect the worst but hope for the best.

3. No tats on mom. No tats on me. I can't think of anything I want to look at for the rest of my life. One of my kids has a tat of his own design.

4. Gotta go with Sipe.

5. Currently, these are the ones I'd listen to any day: Jim Croce, Dave Matthews Band, Norah Jones, Venga Boys, Ceu, Buddy Holly, Patsy Cline, Beatles, Rod Stewart, Madonna

Back in the day, I was a big Moody Blues fan.

I like those bands. Never heard the Rovers.

I like the Beach Boys....a sound all their own no doubt. Some may not like it, but there is no mistaking one of their songs....and they had dozens, so you have to give a thumbs up to that.

Who on earth doesn't like the Beach Boys? That's like saying you don't like summer.

Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane/Starship, Golden Earring, Deep Purple, Yes, Jethro Tull, Genesis, Alice Cooper

Yea, see here is the problem with a list of this nature. I know, I asked the question. The thing is, I gave my 10 and none of your 10 were on my 10, but just about anyone of the ones you mentioned could have been in my top 10. (In fact Alice Cooper should be, I just forgot about them.) (except Black Sabbath...never a big fan)

Yea, see here is the problem with a list of this nature. I know, I asked the question. The thing is, I gave my 10 and none of your 10 were on my 10, but just about anyone of the ones you mentioned could have been in my top 10. (In fact Alice Cooper should be, I just forgot about them.) (except Black Sabbath...never a big fan)

Yeah...to each his own with music tastes. The first two albums I bought with my paperboy money were Machine Head by Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath's first album (Black Sabbath). Although I have mellowed a bit, I still love my Sabbath when traveling alone in the car!!! :)

1.) had dinner w/ mom, grandmas, sister, finacee, and her mom. i'm glad that i had a steady stream of alcohol all day.

2.) yes. afterall, this is cleveland that we are talking about

3.) no. thank god.

4.) sipe or byner

5.) phish, the grateful dead, the beatles, they might be giants, the residents, ween, drive-by truckers, townes van zandt, frank zappa, and metallica (just the cliff burton stuff)

Alice Cooper, Grand Funk, War, Black Sabbath, Three Dog Night, Beatles, Eagles, Chicago, Aerosmith, (Guns N Roses or Prince or Deep Purple or Queen)

i like West Side Steve too.

Beach Boys are gay

Yea, right. The entire culture of the blonde bikini clad surf girl was conjured up by the Beach Boys who had more women available to them than you could imagine, and they're gay. Sure. Keep thinking Butch.

Alice Cooper, Grand Funk, War, Black Sabbath, Three Dog Night, Beatles, Eagles, Chicago, Aerosmith, (Guns N Roses or Prince or Deep Purple or Queen)

i like West Side Steve too.

West Side Steve? You talk about gay! That overfed, longhaired, sleeping gnome? That epitome of the old liberal hippie freak?

(ask him about the Beldick Motel...his favorite gay hangout! lol)

the beach boys are far from terrible or gay, but there is much better surf guitar music from that era.

this is an incredible disc:

VA_-_Lost_Legends_of_Surf_Guitar_Vol_1-450x460.jpg

Well, Dick Dale would probably be the king of surf guitar....but it was the Beach Boys vocals, not their guitar sound that were their trademark. But see this:

Yea, right. The entire culture of the blonde bikini clad surf girl was conjured up by the Beach Boys who had more women available to them than you could imagine, and they're gay. Sure. Keep thinking Butch.

Not gay as in fag, gay as in happy. Haha no I just dont like there sound, a little before my time. You said who doesnt like the beach boys, well I dont but if I was older I might dig it...nah probably not

Archived