THE BROWNS BOARD

The Black Keys

HowieDawg

Some of you guys will know I am a huge Black Keys nut. It has nothing to do with them being a stone's throw from Cleveland either. This duo, Dan Auerbach (guitars / vocal) and Patrick Carney (drums / technical shit) are an amazing pairing. Dan's guitar playing (heavily influenced by his love of Junior Kimbrough's music) is faultless and levitates above blues and rock and roll to deliver amazing depth of vibe. Pat's drum playing takes much inspiration from the syncopated hiphop rhythms he loves but never cheapens the soul of the music produced. To describe them as blues / rock just doesn't do them justice. If you are new to these two guys, check them out and let me know what you think. Album's to date

The Big Come Up

Thickfreakness

The Rubber Factory

Magic Potion

Attack and Release

Brothers _ out on May 18th

Chulahoma is an album they did dedicated to the music of Junior Kinbrough and worth every penny.

Glad you feel that way! I live in England and they are pretty big here, relatively! I'm seeing them here in Juy, my third or fourth time I think, awesome live band. Huge energy and enormous soul.

check this out, a celebration of the Black keys and my love of the Browns! And.. OHIO!

Been listening to them for about 5 years. Best band out the IMO. There are only a select few I give my money to in terms of buying cd's. They are one of them.

I agree, been a fan since I stumbled across Thickfreakness in 2003, from that moment I was hooked. looking forward to Monday and the new album.

Archived