THE BROWNS BOARD

On the Verge....

hoorta

Well, they say it ain't over until it's over, or until you hear the Fat Lady sing...... But I can sure detect some throat clearing stuff going on backstage.....

I was at work, so I missed the majority of this debacle, and I don't have the heart yet to sit down and review the TIVO. I'm afraid I might puke.

Boston now goes home supremely confident they can close out the Cavs, and I'm greatly afraid of yet another mail in in effort by our guys. Cleveland goes into game six with the weight of the world on their backs, and the Celtics can play loose as a goose. No other way to sugarcoat it, the Cavs blow it against the Celtics, it goes down as one of the monumental chokes in NBA playoff history.

I did look at the stats, and the Cavs let Boston shoot 50% plus threes. I thought all those moves we made in&off season were to improve our perimeter D, so if we can't slow down the Celtics, can we rationally expect to do any better against the far better Magic? Got out rebounded too- and as others have said (and I played a little roundball in my younger days) rebounding is a matter of wanting the ball more.

So, dear Mo, if you want to be a member of the Cavs next year, will you finally give us one playoff game that even approaches what you did in the regular season? Or do you just want to exit with LeBron when he gets so fed up about yet another blown season that he skips town?

Yeah, I've been around long enough to see all the bad stuff- and I can't help shake the feeling the game Thursday night is a watershed event. I hope we get to play again on Sunday, but I have little confidence of that happening. Down the tubes Thursday means Mike Brown is certainly done, LeBron may well be gone, and the 46 year drought we've endured may well extend many more years. Cavs- big question mark. Browns- at least a year or two away. Indians- hopeless.

hoorta,

Your post is right on the money. I honestly believe we have the "pieces & parts" to win it all, but as long as Brown coaches this team it's not going to happen. These guys were just going through the motions last night, & I don't think a Phil Jackson, Pat Reilly, or another REAL NBA Coach would let that happen.

I always thought LBJ would stay in Cleveland. Now I'm not so sure. He is either hurting big time with that shoulder (I think it's a BIG problem) or looking forward to a move, & I couldn't blame him if he left. Put him on a well coached team & they win the title.

I just hope Gilbert, regardless of regular season record, sees that Brown holds this team back. I hate to be a pessimist, but the WAY this team plays is disgusting....they played with no heart AT HOME after a playoff loss! Right now, I am disgusted...It's not that they lost 3 games, it's HOW they lost.

Mike

Good rational post in dismal times hoorta. It's my birthday today all I wanted was that win

Well, Happy Birthday to you Mikey. I sure wish that Cavs had delivered for ya. I have a birthday coming up in a few days, and to date myself, it's my 60th. I posted over on the Browns Board (and I'm starting to believe this way down) if the Cavs blow it this year, there are such things as curses.

Damn shame guys under 50 are too young to really remember the glory years of the Browns. In the early 60s the Browns were the equivalent of the current Yankees- they won ALL the time. Used to go down to the Stadium with my grandpa, and watch Jim Brown and Company beat the snot out of the Cowboys 56-7. I've said many times elsewhere I have only one majorregret in life- if I had known it was going to be 46 years and counting, I would have spent the paper route money, hopped on a bus, and caught that '64 Championship game.

Yeah, we have historical stuff on our side- The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot, The Mess (Jose Mesa). Really, you'd think the odds would even out over the long haul.

Right now this (sounds like I'm maybe prematurely writing an obit on the 09-10 Cavs season) feels like the some of those Browns teams that got foiled by Red Right 88, an epic Elway performance, and a fumble.

What bothers me is we have the best basketball player on the Planet in LeBron, and we stole a page out of Boston's book bringing in former allstars Shaq (certain first ballot HOFer) and Antawn Jamison. Mo even made the game, even though his track record is crap in the playoffs. So we got all-world with THREE other top of the line players and it apparently still ain't enough. So what next? Bring in a Phil Jackson to coach, and guys like Wade or Bosh? (Impossible BTW due to the the players the cavs owe money to.....

Archived