THE BROWNS BOARD

Tough Cavs off-season

ATENEARS

I'm not going to sit here and belly-ache like I have the past two days. Tonight was much easier to take as the Boston Celtics proved that they were the better team. They flat-out ou-played the Cleveland Cavaliers. Game-set-match ... this one is done and time to move on.

Gonna be a very different off-season for the Cavs. Front office personel are gonna earn their big pay checks this season.

I never thought Coach Brown was suited for the dynasty we wanted to build here on Lebrons times. That time may be up, and even if so, I will be just as eager to see this franchise grow. Gilbert is an awesome owner, I'm behind that guy. If Lebron walks, we will get it done, we need to build a better 'TEAM' anyhow, and we will have the cap to do it.

Time to waste a few evenings and sunny afternoons down at Progressive Field, awaiting the Browns to take their shot.

Go Cleveland!

I'm not going to sit here and belly-ache like I have the past two days. Tonight was much easier to take as the Boston Celtics proved that they were the better team. They flat-out ou-played the Cleveland Cavaliers. Game-set-match ... this one is done and time to move on.

Gonna be a very different off-season for the Cavs. Front office personel are gonna earn their big pay checks this season.

I never thought Coach Brown was suited for the dynasty we wanted to build here on Lebrons times. That time may be up, and even if so, I will be just as eager to see this franchise grow. Gilbert is an awesome owner, I'm behind that guy. If Lebron walks, we will get it done, we need to build a better 'TEAM' anyhow, and we will have the cap to do it.

Time to waste a few evenings and sunny afternoons down at Progressive Field, awaiting the Browns to take their shot.

Go Cleveland!

Agreed. To be a Cleveand fan, you have to be optimistic. we might not have many championships in any sport, but we are usually there in the playoffs in one of the sports. So its not too bad. The Browns are due, and I think they are going to get the wild card this year.

Mike Brown has done some good stuff in the regular season, but when it matters, he's been just as inconsistent as a few of the players (Mo). I agree that I think he's gone.

I don't see Lebron leaving. Not only would he offend the entire city of Cleveland, but forever he would leave a legacy of that final disaster of a game in Cleveland. It would never, ever, get away from him. I hope we find out sooner, rather than later, what his plans are or it's gonna be a long two months.

Stan- I hope you're right, but if you have arguably one of the game's all-time greats in LeBron, and can't get it done, how in the hell do you do it? The NBA is a superstar-driven league, the Cavs blew it big-time.

I think his elbow was holding him way back, but these other guys had to step it up. What a bummer.

I think his elbow was holding him way back, but these other guys had to step it up. What a bummer.

What other guys ? Varejao and Shaq played like they cared. The rest had already given up. In this generation of NBA. There is no point having Batman alone. We always need a Robin too.

I don't want to hunt down the article I read this morning....Lebron was quoted as saying "you don't think I played this season not knowing what I was going to do"...in reference to him staying or leaving.

I guess my thought on that is if you are going to stay, sign up and remove all the distractions.

Now the body language is only reinforcing a departure.

He said he wasn't going to discuss it or talk contract until after the season.

Well, the season is over. It's time to talk about it.

Either he wants to stay here or he doesn't. Nobody can match the money, but in the end, it isn't about the money from a contract.....it's about winning and playing in the big time for the guy.

I have been saying for a couple of years the chances are good James bolts town....and now that we are here, it looks like the chances of him staying are even less than I thought.

I just think he owes it to the team and fans to make his decision quickly. He can imagine any scenario he wants with other teams that could come to fruition if he chooses, so there is nothing for him to wait and see what happens.

I think the guy is just being a jerk if he drags this out. If his decision was to leave going in to the season, I can understand why he wouldn't talk about it....talk about distraction, but now, there is no good reason other than to jerk people chains.

There is no doubt Brown is history. If the idiot hadn't won COY last year I think he would have been dumped. I will be shocked if the guy lasts until next Tuesday. Get rid of him so he can start networking during the playoffs so he can land a job somewhere.

The more days that pass where James is non-committal, the less chance there is he stays.

Lebron.... man up son. Put an end to all this crap. Let us know what you are going to do so we can move on and make our plans.

With or without you.

I think the guy is just being a jerk if he drags this out. If his decision was to leave going in to the season, I can understand why he wouldn't talk about it....talk about distraction, but now, there is no good reason other than to jerk people chains.

There is no doubt Brown is history. If the idiot hadn't won COY last year I think he would have been dumped. I will be shocked if the guy lasts until next Tuesday. Get rid of him so he can start networking during the playoffs so he can land a job somewhere.

The more days that pass where James is non-committal, the less chance there is he stays.

Lebron.... man up son. Put an end to all this crap. Let us know what you are going to do so we can move on and make our plans.

With or without you.

Problem 'Peen is- he won't. The Trolls on Cleveland.com are calling him a "Drama Queen" with some justification. I always thought LeBron was a pretty grounded individual, but he's starting to develop an acute case of fatheaditis. This article was linked in another thread, but it's worth repeating here for those that haven't read- puts another spin on LeBron, Will Gilbert let LBJ name the next coach, and let Ferry take a hike? Come July first, it's gonna be all LeBron, all the time as he makes the rounds letting owners suck up to him. Prediction #1- it will be bigger than Tiger's little extramarital dalliance. Prediction #2 if he bolts, they'll have to stop selling beer in the lower arena when James' new team shows up at the Q- for obvious reasons. I can hear the chants now, instead of MVP!, MVP! It's gonna be TRAITOR, TRAITOR!!!! And I'd even be there leading the chorus in Boo Flat.

Yahoo Sports Article....

Archived