THE BROWNS BOARD

DANNY FERRY BLEW IT..IN FEB!!

gmp

Well,

Ya know I told ya the Celts in 6......Now that the pat on my back is over...ahemm!

This is what I mean....with D.Ferry..

The whole world knows Lebron is bailing come July...He needed to get some verbal commitment from him either way...stayin or going??...Since Lebron didn't give him anything positive or indication about staying in Cleveland...Danny Ferry should have been working the Blockbuster Deal of the decade.....Do you realize the talent he could have hoodwinked from teams out there.....3 team, 4 team deals..and get the CAV's young Superstart talent for years to come... (2) at least..and picks!!

Yes he would have been know for the guys who traded the Basketball phenon, but did he really have a choice??

knowing what we all knew for the last few months.....Toronto's GM is the same dope...letting Bosh walk for nothing.....

These GM's are paid a ton to make bold decisions for the future of the teams they represent...they sometimes need to step up have the grapefruits to make those (backed into a corner) decisions for the best interest of the team......

Now ya got nuttin!!!

Tuff Series for ya, and let the rebuilding begin...Shaq (out) Z, (out) Mo (out), Jamison (out) (Coach Brown out) <_<

If you supposedly have the best team in the NBA with the best player on it. Your expected to atleast make the finals, you dont trade away your best player. You go and try to win the 1st ever championship in Cavs history and let the rest sort itself out. Also from watching LBJ's presser last night, Im convinced he'll be back

He makes some good points I just dont agree with them.

Theres not much else going on, on the board right now.. I gotta talk to somebody

See, if you don't add a post that is as riviting as (What's Joe Haden's nickname gonna be)??

People don't have anything else to talk about.. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I cannot imagine the reaction if Lebron had been traded in February with the Cavs having a serious shot at a championship. If Lebron had said he was leaving that would have been one thing but with him undecided and you trade the best player who ever played in cleveland? I'm sure attendance would have been great for the rest of the season.

Well,

Ya know I told ya the Celts in 6......Now that the pat on my back is over...ahemm!

This is what I mean....with D.Ferry..

The whole world knows Lebron is bailing come July...He needed to get some verbal commitment from him either way...stayin or going??...Since Lebron didn't give him anything positive or indication about staying in Cleveland...Danny Ferry should have been working the Blockbuster Deal of the decade.....Do you realize the talent he could have hoodwinked from teams out there.....3 team, 4 team deals..and get the CAV's young Superstart talent for years to come... (2) at least..and picks!!

Yes he would have been know for the guys who traded the Basketball phenon, but did he really have a choice??

knowing what we all knew for the last few months.....Toronto's GM is the same dope...letting Bosh walk for nothing.....

These GM's are paid a ton to make bold decisions for the future of the teams they represent...they sometimes need to step up have the grapefruits to make those (backed into a corner) decisions for the best interest of the team......

Now ya got nuttin!!!

Tuff Series for ya, and let the rebuilding begin...Shaq (out) Z, (out) Mo (out), Jamison (out) (Coach Brown out) <_<

Let's talk other teams for a second- that means Pat Reilly's a big time jerk too for not unloading Dwayne Wade when he could still get something for him. DW's been about as noncommittal as LBJ.

If you know Browns football Gmp- had Ferry traded LeBron, it would have made Belichek cutting Bernie Kosar look like a tempest in a teapot. At best Danny would have been lynched, and more appropriately been burned at the stake with the 13 story LeBron poster supplying the fuel. Secondly, Gilbert would never have signed off on such lunacy. LeBron = butts in the seats, and as long as there's even a remote chance of LeBron resigning with the Cavs, that wasn't going to happen. Thirdly, as others have pointed out, everybody and their uncle had the Cavs penciled in to at least the NBA Finals, if not outright NBA Champs back in February. You absolutely don't trade the reigning League MVP and Cornerstone of your franchise under those circumstances. To put it in a football perspective, that would have been like the Colts trading Peyton Manning for a bunch of draft picks and players in week 12. Wow, you must have been smoking some pretty good stuff to come up with THAT scenario. So thanks for your opinion, master of 20\20 hindsight.

Let's talk other teams for a second- that means Pat Reilly's a big time jerk too for not unloading Dwayne Wade when he could still get something for him. DW's been about as noncommittal as LBJ.

If you know Browns football Gmp- had Ferry traded LeBron, it would have made Belichek cutting Bernie Kosar look like a tempest in a teapot. At best Danny would have been lynched, and more appropriately been burned at the stake with the 13 story LeBron poster supplying the fuel. Secondly, Gilbert would never have signed off on such lunacy. LeBron = butts in the seats, and as long as there's even a remote chance of LeBron resigning with the Cavs, that wasn't going to happen. Thirdly, as others have pointed out, everybody and their uncle had the Cavs penciled in to at least the NBA Finals, if not outright NBA Champs back in February. You absolutely don't trade the reigning League MVP and Cornerstone of your franchise under those circumstances. To put it in a football perspective, that would have been like the Colts trading Peyton Manning for a bunch of draft picks and players in week 12. Wow, you must have been smoking some pretty good stuff to come up with THAT scenario. So thanks for your opinion, master of 20\20 hindsight.

I have a feeling you'll re-think this July 1...

Remember the Hershal Walker trade...

12 guys for 1 and become the team of the 90's...with Superbowl rings...

ballsy move indeed...but that's what makes GM's and owners winners or continued losers...Cleveland is the latter..

I have a feeling you'll re-think this July 1...

Remember the Hershal Walker trade...

12 guys for 1 and become the team of the 90's...with Superbowl rings...

ballsy move indeed...but that's what makes GM's and owners winners or continued losers...Cleveland is the latter..

Difference is Walker wasn't from Dallas. Your trade scenario might make sense if LeBron was from California, not Texas.

What you were suggesting wasn't a ballsy move, it would have been a stupid move. Gilbert and Ferry went "All In". LeBron was the Horse they were going to ride to the Championship THIS YEAR. Screw the future, win it all now. Worked for the Celtics, didn't work in Cleveland.

BTW, no one can say for certain what LeBron will decide to do. If he stays, great- if you caught any of Gilbert's press conference, the Cavs WILL get it done- eventually. And if he goes, well, I wish him a billion dollars worth of happiness- and no rings. Karl Malone the Second.

Seriously why in the hell would LeBron leave there is not one team IMO that is suitable for him to go we can pay him all the money he wants

1) New York- He wouldn't be as big of a star there because in New York they have the Yankees, and a team one win away from a superbowl in the Jets.

2) Chicago- This one is the only one that doesn't have multiple reasons. The big one though is to relive Michael Jordan's legacy

3) The Clippers- THey have the lakers and Kobe Bryant over there in LA he wouldn't be the big star in LA

4) Miami- It is not going to be his team if he does go there because Dwayne Wade was drafted there and he would be playing gaurd and would not mix well

5) Cleveland- The Browns and The Indians I admit have sucked the last couple of year it has been 46 years and maybe counting without a championship in any sport. All the other teams have a Championship and what we be better then to win a championship here in Cleveland.

So atleast from what I think there isn't a good reason to leave Cleveland.

If he does end up going somewhere else, which i dont think will happen. I really dont think he'll leave the Cavs high and dry. A sign and trade will happen and we will get some kind of return on the "The King". The nets have the 3rd, 27th and 30th pick in the draft, the Wizards have the 1st, 30th and 34th if we were looking for draft picks they would be 2 likely candidates. If were looking for players, Mark Cuban has said he's willing to talk sign and trade with the Cavs as Im sure alot of teams are. Even if he's gone we get a nice parting ways gift in return.

If he does end up going somewhere else, which i dont think will happen. I really dont think he'll leave the Cavs high and dry. A sign and trade will happen and we will get some kind of return on the "The King". The nets have the 3rd, 27th and 30th pick in the draft, the Wizards have the 1st, 30th and 34th if we were looking for draft picks they would be 2 likely candidates. If were looking for players, Mark Cuban has said he's willing to talk sign and trade with the Cavs as Im sure alot of teams are. Even if he's gone we get a nice parting ways gift in return.

I can't help but believe should LeBron leave, he's not going to a rebuild project. If his avowed aim is to win a lot of Championships (and fast), there's only one logical destination besides Cleveland- Chicago. Doubly, if he can take Chris Bosh along for the ride. A lineup of Bosh, Noah, Deng, LeBron, & Rose would be the hands down favorite to win it all in '11.

You have to wonder about Lebron switching to #6 next year with that scenario in play. Only problem in Chicago, James would always live in the shadow of Jordan as Greatest Player Ever- unless somehow he could win SEVEN Championships. Tough row to hoe there.

I can't help but believe should LeBron leave, he's not going to a rebuild project. If his avowed aim is to win a lot of Championships (and fast), there's only one logical destination besides Cleveland- Chicago. Doubly, if he can take Chris Bosh along for the ride. A lineup of Bosh, Noah, Deng, LeBron, & Rose would be the hands down favorite to win it all in '11.

You have to wonder about Lebron switching to #6 next year with that scenario in play. Only problem in Chicago, James would always live in the shadow of Jordan as Greatest Player Ever- unless somehow he could win SEVEN Championships. Tough row to hoe there.

This is why we need to S&T LeBron, we don't want him in Chi,Det,Atl, not in our division.

Ship him to Dallas,San Antonio,Phoenix, hell even LA.

Archived