THE BROWNS BOARD

Jackson, Elam and others pushing buttons for contract extensions

HowieDawg

Short article on how Jackson, Elam and some others are not up for OTAs. I know this means nothing but there are a couple of names I'd say we want not showing up.

Personally I'd be happy to say adios to Jackson and Elam. Harrison and Roth are different matters.

RFAs holding out on OTAs

I agree, roth ,harrison and perhaps vickers should be pursued the rest especially elam and jackson are expendable imho they bring nothing you cant pickup from walk ons..and missing OTAs under mangini is a huge mistake it will put the no shows at an early and distinct disadvantage and is basically inviting an unknown to step it up and to take their job..we all know mangini's position and thinking on this issue and im with the coach...like ive said before mangini isnt done cleaning out the locker room just yet but a couple of these guys are gonna make it real easy for EM...

Quit being greedy and take what you can get until you prove your worth...football and team first and if they are offered a fair chance to get pay to play and they want more without stepping up...we dont want or need em playing in cleveland...the era of lousy players getting big paychecks for doing nothing but riding the pine injured and unprepared or playing 2nd rate football in cleveland is finally over...suck it up and get out there and prove what your worth..knock em dead!

I'm with you on Jackson when it comes to letting him go.

Everyone else we need, though. Elam's not terrible, and he's playing at a spot where we have little to no depth. Jackson is expendable with the addition of Fujita. We have a bunch of guys that could fill his spot: Bowens, Trusnik, Barton, etc.

If there going to sign any of these guys long term, it would make alot more since to get it done this year. Without the salary cap in place it will allow them to make the contract 1st year heavy freeing up money for following years. The longer this goes on the less likely I think they'll get multiple year deals. We havent even heard about them trying to get anything done with contracts, and now they have to be working on the rookie contracts. You have to wonder if its even a priority to get any of these guys signed

It does, but the team still has to operate inside a cap....whatever cap Lerner has on the operation.

I don't care what the guy is worth, the team still has a operating budget.

He isn't going to start shifting millions of dollars because Lawrence Vickers wants a few million more and we don't have it under the current budget.

Archived