THE BROWNS BOARD

Over/Under on Colt McCoy

I know it's three months away, but I'm already getting excited about early August and NFL football.

That being said, I am wondering how much we're actually going to see Colt McCoy play in the preseason. With two new quarterbacks in Delhomme and Wallace, I am sure Mangini and Co. want to get them acclimated to the offense and the other players. However, with Holmgren already on record as saying we won't see Colt at all in the regular season, I am sure the Browns will want to get him as many "real" repetitions as possible.

So, over/under on the number of snaps Colt gets in the preseason is set at 50.

I say over because of preseason game #4 where just about every guy on the two deep sits after one/two series. That's where I think Colt gets the lion's share of reps.

Your thoughts?

Over....He'll get a few series in the first game or two and probably get near a good full half by the last game.

By the end of the exhibition season he will have about a games worth of play......maybe more if someone gets bruised.

Over, but how much over 50 may depend on if ratty is still around and how well he is progressing...mangini has to be aware that if colt comes out and even remotely lights the opposing 3rd/4th stringers up the fans are going to declare him the next Savior...hehehehe ;)

I am guessing at over . I am one that does not think Ratty will be here all the way through camp .

I agree. Colt needs a lot of preseason snaps just to see what parts of his game, under game conditions, need the most work. This preseason should be fun to watch, & not just the QBs.

Mike

Archived