THE BROWNS BOARD

The War against the church

Mr. T

It's a world wide leftist war.

Hasn't escalated to hand grenades... yet?

But we are in big, big trouble in the near future I think.

That's why, at every turn, Hec... I mean, liberalwackoesleftistsMarxist haters

are trying to turn every single thing we Americans believe in, upside down.

They can't take over without doing it.

Takeover, as in Chavez permanent takeover.

And God, Jesus, and our INALIENABLE RIGHTS granted by God...

have long since been the primary target.

We have to fight back. We will win.

1) That video is hysterical when it talks about homosexuality... Really, it's just ignorant. I mean how dare these people push for rights for homosexuals! How dare an employer make an employee go to homosexuality sensitivity training after he makes some disparaging comments toward homosexuality! What an outrage!

2)It's a world wide leftist war. Hasn't escalated to hand grenades... yet? But we are in big, big trouble in the near future I think That's why, at every turn, Hec... I mean, liberalwackoesleftistsMarxist haters are trying to turn every single thing we Americans believe in, upside down.

No, don't use "we Americans." I'm an American too, and it's not turning anything I believe in upside down. 10% of America agrees with me.

They can't take over without doing it. Takeover, as in Chavez permanent takeover. And God, Jesus, and our INALIENABLE RIGHTS granted by God... have long since been the primary target. We have to fight back. We will win.

Truly, you have the resolve and rhetoric of a religious extremist. We are right because God says so, and He is on our side.

/edit

What a truly fitting 666th post. All hail our lord Satan!

I think it's messed up that you worship someone who, according to your Holy Bible, killed millions. Satan was responsible for 10 deaths in that entire book. The whole idea of Satan is messed up. Hm, God killed all these people, and on top of that, this so-called all-knowing, all-good deity allows a bunch of unfair deaths to happen IRL. Well, since he can't do anything wrong, it must be a red man with horns and a tail!

Also, pray away. The only thing prayers have evidence of doing is creating a placebo effect. Whatever makes you feel better.

Vapor,

I hope and pray you never fall into the belly of the whale, with no

way to get yourself out, until you rethink that stuff.

(that's a reference to Joseph Campbell's "Hero of a Thousand Faces" and the monomyth...

Or, "...never fall into a spring in deep near zero temps away from home,

all alone, in the woods, ... and could never get yourself out."

Yeah, I hope that shit doesn't happen to me either. But hey, God was good enough for Jonah! If one man can survive living in a whale, then maybe I should convert to Christianity and be the Shamu guy at Sea World. I won't feed him for days and I'll continue to swim with him til he eats me. God will provide.

I thought vt was going to raleigh nc?

But then again, he may want to keep his opinions to himself while down in the middle of Baptist country.

1 Corinthians 13:11

Vapor,

You would really appreciate reading "Hero of a Thousand Faces"

It's a brilliant work.

Let me know if you ever get the chance.

Vape, when you going to FL to chase all those bikini babes?

There and gone, my friend, there and gone.

I thought vt was going to raleigh nc?

But then again, he may want to keep his opinions to himself while down in the middle of Baptist country.

1 Corinthians 13:11

Yeah, some of the people I'm studying with were talking about Jesus the other day. I steered clear of the convo and talked with this chick who's also taking physics about how we weren't touching that with a ten foot pole. We talked about atheism instead.

Vapor,

You would really appreciate reading "Hero of a Thousand Faces"

It's a brilliant work.

Let me know if you ever get the chance.

Jeez. I really doubt I will, my reading list for the next couple of months consists of organic chemistry, molecular biology, and classical and statistical thermodynamics.

530884836_1875503743_0.jpeg

What's it about?

• 1 year later...

What's it about? Vapor

Ah, you probabaly won't ever have time in college, in science.

It's about the monomyth. The theory of Joseph Campbell's that all literature,

since recorded legends etc, have signification patterns in terms of heroes/heroines,

calls to adventure, facing trials, symbolism.

It traverses across centuries, world wide. You can see elements of it from Jason and the Golden Fleece

to the Wizard of Oz, to the ancient legends of tribes in Asia, to American Indians folklore.

It was a fascinating book to me. It was freshman english III. I chose it from a list, and did a term paper

"Parsifal's Quest for the Holy Grail and How it Relates to the Basic Monomythical Patterns Found in Literature"

I got an "A+++" grade. He said it was a brilliant paper, and asked me if he could get it published under my name

in a literary journal. I said sure. But somebody broke into his office, and stole all the papers with a grade higher than c on them.

Some dumb somebeech got that for $$$ and just sent it up to his prof somewhere. I worked weeks on researching the

various writings of the Parsival/Parsifal legends around the world, and parsing it into monomythical elements.

dammit. None of us got our papers back. and only a few had typed up a copy. :angry:

Archived