THE BROWNS BOARD

Unemployment extension

They are supposed to vote by Friday. From what I read, it is not another extension for the people who have gotten 99 weeks already. It is for the people who have had 26 weeks (like me) and who are being cut off on May 26th, regardless. Gee what a concept. Max out the weeks able to get unemployment vs. setting a time line. You would think that would be easier to track.

Cleveland is a f*cking joke.

They are supposed to vote by Friday. From what I read, it is not another extension for the people who have gotten 99 weeks already. It is for the people who have had 26 weeks (like me) and who are being cut off on May 26th, regardless. Gee what a concept. Max out the weeks able to get unemployment vs. setting a time line. You would think that would be easier to track.

Cleveland is a f*cking joke.

What's Cleveland got to do with it?

WSS

I hope they pass it, I have friends

who can actually GET unemployment, dammit.

I know folks who dropped big vacation plans to

just stay home, or travel by car to see sites.

Two of them were cruises, one was Disney,

and another few were to California.

They are really concerned. Most folks with any kind

of genuine, honest instincts are.

I hope they pass it, I have friends

who can actually GET unemployment, dammit.

I know folks who dropped big vacation plans to

just stay home, or travel by car to see sites.

Two of them were cruises, one was Disney,

and another few were to California.

They are really concerned. Most folks with any kind

of genuine, honest instincts are.

Cal I am 100% looking for work. I made my rounds at all companies in my field again in Cleveland and Akron, just sending out my resume. 200+ companies. I am not talking about the jobs I am an expert in either. Jobs I held 12 years ago with the same pay. I am not talking entitlement here either. But when I miss the cut off date by 2 weeks (after 26 weeks) and it is done and others have had 99 weeks. Why is this a date deadline and not a total of weeks, that is my question, if anyone has an answer to that it would be much appreciated.

If I don't have a job in 99 weeks, kill me.

Traveling, lol. I am lucky to have food money after June 8th.

yeah, the Akron/Cleveland area, most of Ohio, is

pitiful.

I found out that one of the folks who bought a 4 acre parcel at the auction across the road,

he and his Wife had great jobs. and actually she went unemployed, was downsized,

and he lost his job, too. but he found another job, in COLUMBUS.

That is a two hour drive away. So, they sold their big expensive house in town,

and with a lot of profit, (they had been paying on it for a lot of years)...

they bought their new land, and will build a smaller ranch. They wanted a big lawn,

a nice swim/fishing pond, and a big garden. They think living in the "country" is

the way to go, for their own psyche's and a better and happier life.

He'll have to live in Columbus 3 days a week - he got a chance at 4 tens !

Good for him. He was lucky, he's an engineer and there was only ONE company that

responded to all the resumes he sent out.

Cal I am 100% looking for work. I made my rounds at all companies in my field again in Cleveland and Akron, just sending out my resume. 200+ companies. I am not talking about the jobs I am an expert in either. Jobs I held 12 years ago with the same pay. I am not talking entitlement here either. But when I miss the cut off date by 2 weeks (after 26 weeks) and it is done and others have had 99 weeks. Why is this a date deadline and not a total of weeks, that is my question, if anyone has an answer to that it would be much appreciated.

If I don't have a job in 99 weeks, kill me.

Traveling, lol. I am lucky to have food money after June 8th.

Hang in there, man. Things should continue to improve as long as Europe doesn't drag us back down again.

Hey, K, if you're still in Ohio...

don't worry, you know where you can get

plenty of tomatoes and peppers to put on the table.

We got roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes,

heirloom tomatoes, hybrid tomatoes, high acid tomatoes, low acid with

balanced sweetness, we got red tomatoes, golden tomatoes, green tomatoes (when they're ripe even), pink tomatoes...

(like the shrimp guy in the movie)

... I hope Sasquatch doesn't come out of the bog and raid our big garden.

Wonder if they eat tomatoes. A good super hot pepper or two should fix his wagon...

Nancy Pelosi Shuts Down Any Hope For Tier 5 Unemployment Extension

No. This bill will go until the end of November, at that time we'll take up something, but not between now and then," said Pelosi. "The situation I see is that members who are from low unemployment areas are very concerned about the deficit. Members who are from high unemployment areas are very concerned about jobs. So we have to come to a compromise as to how to move forward, and we did with this bill going to November."

What a PIG here

The liberals dont want to cut anything out of the obammy spending budget to cover unemployment. Even if you have been given up to 99 weeks, that does not mean you have enough money on your account to carry you through the 99 weeks. I know

The Obammy stimulus DID NOT WORK! we told you so. meanwhile as of the start of June 2nd the rate of those on unemployment will be dropping off like flies without any work available. The rate of those dropping off 450,000 per week will go to 1.3 million per week starting June 2nd. that is one way for the liberals earmarked spending pukes will be able to get the reported unemployment rate down.

This is a scam being pulled off on the american public. Maybe they need to revisit history of what happens to countries that get near 30% unemployment. Where is the true rate today? I know its over 20%.

Temp layoff since Feb 2009 until now, I am on full unemployment.

20 years ago this weekend the business was established. Im ready to move on, the job market doesn't look to good. i have done a few searches to see which cities have seen an increase in employment and N. Myrtle beach SC has posted an increase of approx. 2,000 new jobs this past year.

I would hate to have to commute in that traffic. Fargo ND seems to have the lowest unemployment in the country. Sounds like cold winters.

In reality I was hoping they would pass the tier 5unemployment and not play politics with it. If that would be the case i could go back to school for a year without any worries. I have adjusted to the lower pay already, and ill tell you it sucks! lost over 25k last year in personal income and now I have up into January 2011 that i am covered in unemployment, but the kicker is only 7 weeks worth of money.

T, my brother-in-law has had his own printing company

for decades and decades, he's going under, barely

able to keep two employees paid.

I told him to hold out until I finish my novel and he

can print a bunch of copies for me.

He laughed and said I need to finish it before the end of this year.

I'm glad Canton Mike has a job, or I'd try to talk him into being

a farm hand for me. LOL

"sigh"

Unemployment rate in Florida is still north of 12%.

We went from 11.1% to 10.8% since tier 5 unemployment has not passed. I know some good people who have dropped off of unemployment insurance. They lost their Tarp insurance as well.

Well today was my first day since being full time unemployed that I could enjoy doing something for myself, we went fishing at the beach then I came home and caught up my yard work. Then we had a softball game, in which we came from 8 runs behind and crushed the other team, I might add. It looks as if I am on tier 3

and will be getting the 4th kicked in about 2 months.

If they pass the tier 5 unemployment, I have plans this fall to go back to school for the year. Which would be nice. it feels weird not having to work, I have never been unemployed until now, I dont think that I have ever taken all of my vacation days ever in over 30 years of working. I must be dull. :)

The old farmer next door taught me how to weld with arc welding a few days ago.

Maybe I should take some classes in welding or something.

Of course, he can draw a beautiful bead on the weld on our old pto rototiller...

my welds looked like paint splashed against a wall at first.

That, and for a little while, I kept getting the welding rod glued to the steel...

Kinda got the hang of it now, though.

we keep our big welder over at his barn - we never put in 220....

I've planted about 200 candy onions - can't wait til they get big.

Maybe I'll plant another 75 Vidalia onions we grew from seed, if it would stop raining.

I think we're in the midst of another monsoon season. @@

I've never worked so hard in my life, since I became an obsolete computer guy and

"unemployed".

Okay since I have been layed off for 10 days now, I have received 3 offers for work from other shops.(unsolicited) 2 I told to go the hell because I dont like those people. I do have an interview tomorrow with the guy I like. If he is willing to show me the money I will be there on monday. Otherwise he can go to hell as well. :lol:

Archived