THE BROWNS BOARD

The Last 5 Games

WPB Dawg Fan

The next 5 games are crucial to the Browns future....but what exactly do we want/need?

The more games the Browns win....the lower their draft pick. LOSE GAMES

We face Pittsburgh and Cincinnati...and I hate losing to division rivals. WIN GAMES

The better DA does, the higher his trade value if we deal him. DO WELL

The better DA does, the more likely we pay the $5M bonus and keep him. UMMMM???

Quite frankly, I think the BEST scenario is for the Browns to go 2-3 down the stretch (it will still put them in the top 10 in the draft) and for DA to play better than average (but not great).

This allows the Browns to pick high and get an impact defensive player with their own pick...and increases DA's trade value without causing another QB controversy here in Cleveland...allowing the Browns to possibly get back into the 1st round again and get another impact player.

Remember, we don't have a 3rd or 5th round pick as of now...so getting a couple picks is going to be essential for the overall improvement of this team going into 2009.

True.

But the most important thing to remember is to try to evaluate what are all the positions that are in need of a drafting and if the draft player will be the best bet. So we can use these 5 games to evaluate how the ones on the bench are and then decide whom to recruit and what all trade possibilities we can get.

The best scenario is to win out. That's always best. The DA/BQ thing will play out. If the switch goes off for DA and he puts together 5 great games, how is that bad for us?

I considered that...but the fact is, he would be performing again without any expectations (as he did early in 2007)....and it would put the off-season into turmoil again with a QB controversy on top of the already obvious issues the team has.

I don't think, even if he was lights out over the last 5 games, anyone would be convinced that it would be something that would be continued on in 2009...and therefore a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

WPB is absolutely right. Win out does NOTHING for us. Too late to save face, too late to salvage the season and the more mediocre the Browns look, which is exactly what they are - at best, the better for the future team of 2009. Wanting to win out this season is great, but does even less for this team in the long run than anything else. Do we want Romeo to end on a high with the possibility of keeping him for a 2009 that mimmicks 2008 ? Do we want DA hanging around next year, allowing - if he is kept - Romeo to pull BQ at the first chance he gets ? Along the same lines, do we want Braylon to end on a high note after what he has done to this team this season ???

Let's not forget where this team is and how we got here. We started out with so much potential - the sexiest team in the league the NFL thought. Several primetime games, an end to 2007 leaving everyone expecting post season play and possible run for the gold this season. This team, as a whole, has let down the NFL and the fans, once again making Cleveland the laughing stock of the division. Even Cincinnati doesn't look as bad, no one expected anything big from them.

All we got out of 2008 was a win over the Giants. So what, it means nothing in the long run of 2008.

WPB Dawn you dont think him feeling like its an open audition for a job somewhere in the NFL is expectations?

DA knew from last year that fans dont have any positive expectations for him anyways it has always been BQ's team from the moment he was drafted.

Nothing changes he plays the same with the same pressures, the difference is fans not him.

WPB Dawn you dont think him feeling like its an open audition for a job somewhere in the NFL is expectations?

DA knew from last year that fans dont have any positive expectations for him anyways it has always been BQ's team from the moment he was drafted.

Nothing changes he plays the same with the same pressures, the difference is fans not him.

Not really...the first half of '07 he was looked at as the 'placeholder' for Quinn....but when it became obvious he was the starter for the remainder of the season....he folded.

The start of '08 he WAS the starter and....outside of a MNF where nobody expected anything due to his previous performances...he folded again.

Now, he is going out there knowing he is not being expected to carry this team. The only pressure on him is what he puts on himself...no OUTSIDE pressures.

I bet you he lights it up at least 2....maybe as many as 4 games...down the stretch.

I agree, WPB. I've been harrassing my friend who is a Vikings fan for a while now about DA. I told him to pay close attention to the final 5 games, because he's going to light it up in at least a few of them now that the pressure's off.

To me, the best thing that could happen is for DA to light it up the rest of the way and we lose every game 48-45.

Now...that said...I think the odds of us trading DA at this point are small...no way I would trade him for a qb with 2 starts and a hand that who knows how it it going to heal.....this might be it....it might be the start of injury after injury.

I think we are going to pay the bonus and keep DA...the new coach is going to want to see every option rather than be told "Here is your QB who has played in 2 games".

BQ fags tailor their excuses to best fit the individual situation.

Archived