THE BROWNS BOARD

Whats up with all you K2 haters?

Guy Fontenot

How easy you guys start to hate a probowl player like K2. in case you dont remember pryor to the monday night game K2 had 21 catches and 1 TD... the most on the team! He is better than Heiden and makes amazing catches! Heiden is a blocker... thats it... who else saw him get ran down on that 4th and 1 play... SAD!

Besides that K2 draws the double team... What linebacker or safety can guard him in single coverage?

I for one hope he retires a Brown!

I think Winslow is the heart of this team, but he still needs to learn when to shut his huge mouth. If he really did ask for a trade at before the trading deadline, then fuck him. ersonally I think we should sit all of our good receivers and/or TEs because they will all be injured eventually with DA hanging them out to dry like he does each and every game. Each time I am surprised the players gets up.

It's no longer KW2, it's KWho? – Atenears

I'm done with K2. Fine with Heiden, Dinkins, and Rucker.

Just ship him to the Cowboys (his type of temperament belongs in TO-land) and get it over with.

-OconRecon

Those are two off one thread... I have read alot more on the old BB... but im not searching the ancient archives!

People can't help but notice we have been winning in his absence. Just like we see when DA sucks...observations.

Also, I think everybody realizes we are on a collision course with K2 over his contract...even though the Browns paid him after his boneheaded accident (and they didn't have to).

I don't take away that he's a good player and playing through injuries most of the time. I think that teams have figured how to play him (fierce defender to jam him at the line with a safety up top). Teams see him as 1 dimensional with his lack of blocking (be it lack of desire and/or strength) and he's not as fast as he used to be IMO.

I DON'T hate him!

WHat........ if teams have figured him out... why did he lead the team in catches up till is absence!

I'm the FIRST to admit "I'm NO expert" but I think when he's on the field, K2 is the ONLY player DA looks to/AT (tunnel vision) and teams know that. DA will force them to K2.

Im just saying... your original statment was that teams have figured out how to guard him... i was assuming that you ment that teams have figured out how to take him out of his game...

If thats the case then why was he leading the team in Catches...

This has nothing to do with DA's passes or the O-line. It has to do with Winslow as a TE/WR Hybrid!

Teams have not figured him out because he is too good of an athlete to be shut down.

so was that a statment about DA's faults or K2's...

Sounds to me your laying DA's wonderfull QBing on Winslow.

Actually, like my first post stated, it is an "observation" of MANY that the Browns have been winning without him for whatever reason. Running game/protections have improved in his absence and the team is less predictable. I have heard that BE & K2 demand the ball and (I GUESS) DA looks to them mostly (bowing to their demands) rather than scaning the whole field. And his contract WILL/IS a problem.

Point to whomever you want to regarding the problem, be it DA, K2, Crennel, Savage, fans or whatever but there DOES seem to be a problem there. Maybe it's a BIG coincidence.

That's it! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Sincerely,

THE MESSENGER

K2 has become a disruption to the team. His value is not what it once was. His injury is shortening his career and his ability to perform now. He obviously wants out, we should oblige, but not until we get what we want for him because he is a commodity, we own him, and we should trade him for the most we can get, end of story.

I dont dislike Kw at all. I think he is a gifted athlete and one hell of a recieving tight end. I just have an opinion that for our specific team we MIGHT be better off with Heiden because he weighs 20 pounds more and is a much better passing and run blocking te.

I don't want Heiden taking Kellen's spot. I think alot of defenses in the league would prefer it, but not me. I like how hard he plays and practices, u won't find him taking a play off. If DA is locking onto him and thats causing issues, you can't fault kellen for that...thats one of those DA issues we've been discussing for weeks now. In a press conference this week, a reporter asked RAC if we were going to see Heiden as the #1 TE and RAC gave it a big chuckle. He told the reporter basically you never know, but don't be surprized if Kellen is back out there as the #1 TE this week.

This is on Chud more than DA or Winslow. KII is one of the top talents in the league and a decent guy, he's still clinging to that "Soldier" crap from 6 or 7 years ago when he was about 19 or 20. He wants to win as bad as anybody and if you want to see some amazing stuff, watch the guy at camp. He's a phenomenal all around athlete, but I think the Browns feel he can get open on anybody at any time. Some of these plays take too long to develop and DA gets rid of the ball the second he feels pressure. You put Winslow with someone like Big Gay that can buy time and he would dominate the league. I think he would be much more effective with BQ, but I don't want to hijack this thread about that.

The Browns need to utilize him in better ways, even if it's more as a decoy in a lot of situations. He and Heiden should get many plays where both are on the field and Winslow plays slot for a start. KII also needs to step up his blocking and stop using his knees as an excuse. Last year he played with a shoulder subluxation and that really affected his blocking, but for now he needs to put forth a better effort and also clean up the stupid penalties and lining up wrong. He's too good a player to cast aside like he's a nobody, but it's up to Chud to implement him better in the offense.

I think people can't help but see we've had two of our best games offensively without him and Heiden really came through. Don't forget, this team goes 4 deep at TE and Rucker looks like he can play in the pass catching mode. Winslow is going to want a better contract because he knows he probably doesn't have too many years left, so it's obvious there is going to be some divisiveness between him and management. The Browns have monies set aside for resigning their guys coming due, but he is still going to save a ton of money if he's moved in the offseason. This is going to be a big decision, but it doesn't necessarily mean the Browns or him don't like one another, it's business. He's definitely one of my favorite players but if it turns out to be better for the team in the long run to move him, I have to back that.

Before it's all said and done, I'd really like to see him with some improved play calling and BQ buying a little time out of the pocket, but I sure won't hold my breath on that one.

I don't believe anybody hates Winslow. Can you show me where someone hates him?

I believe Ghoolie hates K2.

I like K2, and would like to see him and Heiden used together.

Add Rich4 in that group- they haven't migrated over here yet. IMHO, the Browns will try to move Winslow after the season, but only if they can get their price- and that's a minimum high second rounder. Heiden isn't an elite TE- but he's adequate- and read the tea leaves, if Winslow was in the long term plans, why did they draft Rucker?

add me to the list....but i disliked him even in miami.

i thought he was turning the corner last year and would thus prove me wrong. sadly, he hasn't. no doubt he has talent, thats not in question. his integrity, imo, is.

K2 is easily one of the BEST RECEIVING TE's in the game. The problem is when he is in the game he is ALWAYS going to draw coverage by a slot CB or a S. That means he is rarely going to have the mismatches that Heiden gets. Heiden usually draws a LB in coverage because teams don't see him as a threat in route...and so the mismatches are available and he gets catches...and we have the added benefit of his blocking skills.

At this point in K2's career...he would be better used as a slot receiver. It would make it so he is not a blocking liability...and get him into more advantageous routes in which to utilize his size across the middle...with easier releases. It also allows us to utilize Heiden/Dinkins for additional protection and delayed routes to keep the LB's honest.

I think this is a scheme issue more than a K2 issue.

Archived