THE BROWNS BOARD

Whats the story on Joey J

Guy Fontenot

Whats the story on JJ.... I have not heard much lately!

I think he had a staph infection which set him back.

(oh crap, I forgot about that text message they sent me sent by random, powertripping PR person).

Ignore that. No one said anything about staph.

Move along, nothing to see here.

• 3 months later...
Guest ATENEARS

Last I heard he was heading somewhere down South (Atlanta?) to have some specialty surgery, after many complications with staph. JJ vowed to do everything he could to fight his way back. He wanted to come back so that his daughters didn't think of him as a quitter, and retire on his own terms. He had a strong desire to still help his hometown team.

I don't think we will know anything until Spring.

Last I heard he was heading somewhere down South (Atlanta?) to have some specialty surgery, after many complications with staph. JJ vowed to do everything he could to fight his way back. He wanted to come back so that his daughters didn't think of him as a quitter, and retire on his own terms. He had a strong desire to still help his hometown team.

I don't think we will know anything until Spring.

I believe it would be hard for anyone to think of JJ as a quitter if he cant make it back its very concerning if he cant come back as we have no possession reciever stallworth is a piece of crap and sanders has blazing speed but no hands and steptoe lacks speed and hands...

When is he comming back.... everyone in Berea has had staph!

Time will tell. He had 3 additional surgeries. He is working out and plans to play this year. He was sorely missed last year as a possession receiver. It is going to be a long road back but he has vowed to play one more year for the Browns.

For someone to say stick a fork in him really sucks and shows they haven't a clue. He spent some time at the Jump Stretch facility in Youngstown getting a workout routine to increase leg strength around the knee, vertical leap and range of motion. His knee is probably in better condition and healthier then Winslow's.

Archived