THE BROWNS BOARD

Brodney Pool

Brodney Pool says concussion talk is overstated

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 31, 2010 7:15 AM ET

While playing for the Cleveland Browns last season, safety Brodney Pool suffered what was widely reported as his fourth concussion, causing his season to come to an end. But Pool, who signed with the Jets this offseason, says people are overstating how many concussions he's had.

"I've only had one concussion," Pool told the New York Post. "I have a family history of migraines and that's what has been happening to me, not concussions."

Pool said the only time he has actually had a concussion came on the very first play of his very first NFL preseason game.

"I ran down on kickoff and hit the wedge and knocked myself out," he said. "The other times I was very aware; I knew what was happening."

The Browns were cautious with Pool last year, putting him on injured reserve when he reported headaches that the team thought were associated with having been hit on the field. But Pool doesn't think concussions caused those headaches, and he's eager to get back on the field

Serious migraines are just as debilitating. I also hope the Jets fall on their damn face despite my love for Revis. I'm tired of hearing about the "paper champs"

revis wants 20 mil.....lets wait and see what happens when he gets paid.

He'll still be a monster and he deserves to get paid, although 20 million is a lot and no one should base fair market contracts off Al Davis paid players.

Serious migraines are just as debilitating.
yes, but what about migraines so debilitating he doesn't practice all week and is already reported to be out for the following game on Monday the week before (!). not game day mind you, or even labeled as "questionable" on Saturday (the day before the game), but the next day after the game when the injury/collision took place and a week before they play again.

i'm calling shenanigans, Brodney.

so in the past, migraines were the reason he didn't practice all week and yet he allowed it to be labeled as "concussions" in the press and in reports. <_<

fwiw i counted four concussions as well. the world...may never know.

I also hope the Jets fall on their damn face despite my love for Revis. I'm tired of hearing about the "paper champs"
let's see Rex work his magic on BE and Pool since RAC and EM couldn't really get them to flourish as elite players. flashes of brilliance mired with inconsistency from BE and mental gaffes and injuries from Pool made them perpetually average imo.

this 2010 Jets team has talent in spades. now let's see if Rex can get them to execute on it.

Migraines and concussions aren't really the same Brodney. Nice attempt to try and divert the audience's attention...Migraines can actually be a part of the serious "post-concussion" syndrome so, either way you're either lying or you're just stupid.

People with suspect first names breed suspect information! Cannot blame Brodney from doing the magician divert your attention trick.

Archived