THE BROWNS BOARD

Are we bringing back orange pants?

dawgpound3

2682853.jpg

I sure hope so, let's get rid of the shit-stained pants.

I like the orange pants

I like best the all white unis...........at HOME

Here's a mock up I did a few months ago showing what I think our uniforms should look like:

ClevelandBrowns-3.png

I'm not saying we should ever wear all-orange, but I wanted to show all uniform combos. I think bringing back the orange jerseys and pants would look awesome, but I made some changes. I never liked the drop shadows on the numbers. Also I added stripes to all the socks and the brown pants...

I actually think the orange jersey/brown pants look the coolest, but I'm not sure how that would be accepted if it were ever worn, seeing as we tend to keep with tradition.

Here's a mock up I did a few months ago showing what I think our uniforms should look like:

ClevelandBrowns-3.png

I'm not saying we should ever wear all-orange, but I wanted to show all uniform combos. I think bringing back the orange jerseys and pants would look awesome, but I made some changes. I never liked the drop shadows on the numbers. Also I added stripes to all the socks and the brown pants...

I actually think the orange jersey/brown pants look the coolest, but I'm not sure how that would be accepted if it were ever worn, seeing as we tend to keep with tradition.

Do away with the Brown pants. They look like shit, literally. No all orange Jersey/Pants combination.

ClevelandBrowns-3.png

why would momass be the only one wearing these uniforms? does he switch between every possession?

ClevelandBrowns-3.png

why would momass be the only one wearing these uniforms? does he switch between every possession?

As an old school Browns fan who was raised on Bernie, Hanford, Ozzie, and Clay, I have to say, I do not understand how anyone would prefer the Orange pants over the Brown? I understand Brown is the color of poop but that is really an argument made by 5th graders. The dark Brown looks more modern and much cleaner than the glossy orange. You'll notice nothing outside of fruits and vegetables is orange because it looks cheap. Orange is used to draw attention to dangerous work areas and that's about it. The dark brown is sooo much cleaner and modern and just looks 1,000x better than the orange pants. The only reason I can think that someone would prefer the Orange is because that somebody was around for the 70's Browns and therefore the color is familiar and so, preferred based on nostalgia alone. I am almost certain that if the Browns were being put together today for the first time and the uniform was being voted on with no prior knowledge of the team, fans would vote for the Brown pants. It just looks better. IMO.

i think the brown pants look good with the orange and white stripes down the side. the orange pants look cool to. i like all of the pants/jersey combos except for the all orange combo and the orange jersey/brown pants combo.

ClevelandBrowns-3.png

nice job and thanks for posting this.

I am not big on brown pants at all, but I will say the brown pants and orange jersey's don't look to be a bad combination if we are inclined to have a 3rd color combination.

I am fine with orange pants, but like many, I like white on white as the home uniform....which keeps us in white on white most of the time.

Frak the orange and brown pants and the orange shirts. The only thing that should be orange is the helmet and the striping. As far as I am concerned there should only be white pants and either white or brown jerseys.

I guess that makes me "old school".

How many times have the white socks with bands been worn in recent years. Also, when Orange was first introduced it was sorta dull burnt orange as opposed to a glossy orange. I like the all White.......Orange pants any Jerseys. White pants any jerseys and Brown pants orange jerseys.........I all cased banded socks like shown

How many times have the white socks with bands been worn in recent years. Also, when Orange was first introduced it was sorta dull burnt orange as opposed to a glossy orange. I like the all White.......Orange pants any Jerseys. White pants any jerseys and Brown pants orange jerseys.........I all cased banded socks like shown

The orange should be a "Pumpkin" orange, not an orange orange. like this:

pumpkins.jpg

As an old school Browns fan who was raised on Bernie, Hanford, Ozzie, and Clay, I have to say, I do not understand how anyone would prefer the Orange pants over the Brown? I understand Brown is the color of poop but that is really an argument made by 5th graders. The dark Brown looks more modern and much cleaner than the glossy orange. You'll notice nothing outside of fruits and vegetables is orange because it looks cheap. Orange is used to draw attention to dangerous work areas and that's about it. The dark brown is sooo much cleaner and modern and just looks 1,000x better than the orange pants. The only reason I can think that someone would prefer the Orange is because that somebody was around for the 70's Browns and therefore the color is familiar and so, preferred based on nostalgia alone. I am almost certain that if the Browns were being put together today for the first time and the uniform was being voted on with no prior knowledge of the team, fans would vote for the Brown pants. It just looks better. IMO.

I agree completely. As a nurse, a mother, and a pet owner, I've emptied bedpans, changed diapers, cleaned out litterboxes and picked up after dogs. When I see brown uniform pants, I don't think of any of those things. What's with the obsession with bathroom references? ::fighting the urge to say, "Grow up, already!::

Since I live in Clemson territory, I see too much orange already so I'm not a huge fan of orange jerseys and pants. I prefer combinations of white and brown accented by the orange helmet and orange striping.

Besides, Brown=Chocolate. :) What could be better than that?

L M A O

good call on this one, man. wow, unfreakingbeleivable!!!!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=23

Re: Steelers Alternate Jersey

08-11-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher

Welcome to the world of Rich4eagle.. who is just as much a Browns fan as a STeelers fan. He and Mr. Mach 5 would have a heyday together~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply posted by rich4eagle

Preacher, how you doing myfriend! Good to hear from you! I do not know where that came from either. Certainly does not fit this thread as it is now, either I got confused thinking I was on another thread elsewhere or editing occurred. Either way, as it stands my post was well out of place for sure now.

As far as the Browns and Steelers..................I am a much bigger fan of the Steelers these days.....at one time I was a much bigger fan of the Browns.....but have been rooting for the Steelers as well for more years than most here have been alive!

Looking forward to a great Super Steeler season and yes I watched the Steelers play when the yellow helmets were not throwback.

Thanks for the good word!

Sorry for the confusion and btw.........I think the current uni's are tops including the Steel symbol on only one side of the helmet!

:blink::blink::wacko::wacko::blink::blink:

That's awesome.

Archived